2008 Mustang GT VS Hyundai elantra lol!!!!

ernielist

So I know this isn't a quest story, but mines won't be finished for a few weeks, but I figured everyone would get a kick outta this. So I am cruising down the road in my wifes 98 Hyundai 4 door elantra with a little 1.8 NA in it right. The cars an automatic and the paints all faded and stuff. Generally looks like crap (41 mpg however lol). So I am bookin it to go pick up my son down one of the main roads through my area. I am catching every red light right and getting pissed about so I start floorboarding it from every light in an attempt to beat the viscious cycle of stop and go. No luck, the hamsters were screaming in my wifes ride, but they just couldn't run fast enough.

So I end up blowing by this dude in a brand new 08 mustang GT and get caught at the next light side by side with this idiot. So hes all revving up his motor and crap, lol...I was like, do you really need to prove to me that your 320 hp car can beat my 136 hp car? I mean like what an ego right. So the light turns green and I floor it because hes an idiot and I dont have time for him anyhow. Now this little car is kinda torquey off the line for some reason and I end up pulling a car on him before he smoked me by about 4 or 5 car lengths. He cut it off at 60 and I just kept going till I hit 80 and backed off. lol....

I got a kick outta that for the rest of the night lol.

:driving:

You know that guy is probably on some stang site saying you wouldnt believe this idiot in an elantra tried to run me last nite....The thing is, it probably looked like you were trying to, from his point of view. I have owned and driven Mustangs most of my life, and I know most Stang owners think their cars are way faster than they really are, but owning a stang, I ALWAYS had guys in anything with wheels trying to run me. One kid even followed me home one night, stopped at the end of my driveway and said He thought I wanted to race him, and thought I was leading him to a back road to race. LOL He was driving a buick regal or some POS 4 door family car like that.

BC_99

I had some punk with a minibike try to race me once, on my bike. I gave him the biggest head start I could, and then flew by him. :) There's a video floating around here somewhere.

He had you for like the first 8 feet Ernie....Thats a win in my book!!!

My bike wouldn't idle any slower!

Lol yea I had a few stangs in my day. But I didn't try to race a bunch of peeps. It was true that alot of people did try to race me, mostly young kids with hondas and acuras and stuff. I remember when I had my 84. I had is bored .30 over with victim jr aluminum heads, 1.6.1 roller rockers, e303 cam, oversized valves, headers, holley 850, MSD 6al ignition, the engine was balanced and bluprinted, the works basically on the motor. I had a 5 speed with 4.10 gears, man that car was really fast in a straight line lol. No one tried to race that car, it just sounded mean. I had people pull up to me all the time and tell me amn yer car is just rattling my tonels out, it sounds so mean lol.

My brother had a decent 96 maxima se, 5spd, stock and some punk kid in his neighborhood was always trying to race him. Every light, my brother beat him everytime...

Anyhow he put the for sale sign on his Maxima..within the hour that same kid "I will buy it from you!!" gave him a $100 to hold it till the next day. He bought it 2 weeks later that same kid showed up all bruised and almost crying apologized to my bro for throwing it into the Platt river at 90 mph, totaled it....

..My bro was bummed as it was an awesome car, stock but drove sooo nice. Never gave him any issues...

Is your stock Quest seriously faster than your 98 GT Mustang? It seems like when my Conquest was still stock one of those Mustangs would of destroyed me. I know my Quest had nothing for the Fox body stangs, there is a black one in town that schooled me all the time. Heck thats the reason I started modding mine, I got sick of getting embarrassed every friday night. Of course I would run my mouth off about how great my Quest was then he'd put me in my place and his girl would laugh at me as they drove off. Hopefully this summer I'll get to see him now that I have my magna head and MPI.

Is your stock Quest seriously faster than your 98 GT Mustang? It seems like when my Conquest was still stock one of those Mustangs would of destroyed me. I know my Quest had nothing for the Fox body stangs, there is a black one in town that schooled me all the time. Heck thats the reason I started modding mine, I got sick of getting embarrassed every friday night. Of course I would run my mouth off about how great my Quest was then he'd put me in my place and his girl would laugh at me as they drove off. Hopefully this summer I'll get to see him now that I have my magna head and MPI.

don;t forget to vid or post here with the story ^^

I had an 04 GT convertable with exhuast and a KN on it with an auto tranny and it was pretty weak. 4 banners gave me a run for my money often and the car only had 46k on the clock. I mean it was fast and stuff, but it just didn't seem to be that fast for 270hp. I had an 87 that had exhuast, pulleys, and KN in it. ANd it was quick, but it wasnt anything special. Even the 84 I had with the built motor 5 spd and 4.10s in it was fast, but...i remember when a mercedes 230 compressor kept up with me on the highway and I was like damn....my car is slowwwww... I remember when I had 3 girls riding in it with me, I could actually tell the car had 4 peeps in it. lol...not all of them were fat tho....I think the fastest car acceleration wise was my mazdaspeed miata. I remember when I first got it, the turbo spooled up so quick in first in second I would hit the damn rev limiter alot which was at 7200 rpms! I also remember smoking a newer mustang gt in it...soooo I dunno. I used to spank peeps on the highway a lot too cuz when I got it in sixth gear going about 90 and ya got that idiot next to you googling yer car, I would drop it in 4th, sometimes third and romp on it and whoosh I was gone at 115 waving by by with the top down lol. I loved that car.

auto tranny makes those cars feel soooooo slow. I'll say it again, "MOST" mustang guys "THINK" their car is alot faster"THAN IT REALLY IS" I've had plenty of em. My 89 quest is/was stock and wouldnt stand a chance against any of em. Now that Im rebuilding my engine...BS elim. NJV head ported and polished, OS stainless valves, downpipe w/o a cat, modded air intake, auto to 5 spd lightened stock flywheel, open up the air in and out....we'll see. should be alot better, but, Put a turbo on a V8 stang and some folks around here will really get their feeling hurt..there is no replacement for displacement. One of my old bosses had a ferrari and left it at the shop for us to work on one night and we took it for a lil spin....Now that car was FAST!

BC_99

a couple things ive learned over the years;1 mustangs dont suck,just most of the people that drive them do. 2 anything runs good if you drive it like you stole it.

Lol yea, I guess. But my 04 was the worst, it seemed like it just didn't want to go unless i really throttled it up.

i used to race both of my dirt bikes against any car that would take me on. i wasted them. those bikes were seriously fast!!

Graham

I've never raced cars on my dirtbikes before, but I had one a few years ago, a '93 KTM EXC 300cc 2-stroke, .020 over, Pro-Circuit pipe & silencer, jetted, all that good stuff, she would do ~100mph on dirt according to the speedo on my buddies ATV