How Many Starquesters are Armed Forces Veterans?

Starfighterpilot

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st combat Camp Pendelton, 3rd combat Okinawa,RR DET N.C Battalions USMC(Parris Island leatherneck)

Persian Gulf Vet Heavy Equipment Platoon.

Some medals ribbons

Edited by macrophage

U.S. ARMY 6/101st Airborne/Air Assault Ft. Campbell, Ky-6 months in 88 in Central America, called back for 1st Gulf War, but just spent a couple weeks at Ft Rucker, Al 67N MOS (UH-1 helicopter mechanic) 2 Army Achievement medals among the "normal" salad everyone gets.....

As of June '08 I have 14 years in the Marines now I guess. I just checked in to a new squadron today, The Vampires (VX-9) at china lake. For the next few years I'll just do operational testing of new weapon systems and avionics upgrades and such. Before that I deployed twice with VMFA-115, the Silver Eagles (egos) in Beaufort, SC. One combat deployment ISO OIF and about 25 combat missions flown of the flight deck of the USS Harry S Truman. I think I have an air medal or something, lol. Does that count? I'd give it back to get rid of these gray hairs from all the night traps on the carrier. :sweatingitout: Before getting a commission I was enlisted infantry. Didn't get to do anything exciting during that time.

http://webpages.charter.net/chiplee/hornet%20tom%20small.jpg

1/214th Aviation Regiment, Saw action in 1983 (Grenada). Crew chief and Door gunner, UH-1. Thats how I got my name, "CALIBER 308" from the guys in my unit :hmm3grin2orange:

CALIBER 308

I joined the Army in 99, basic training was in Fort Relaxin Jackson, MOS training was in Fort Huachuca, AZ. Counter Intelligence. Stationed at Fort Meade in their intelligence program. Frequented the pentagon, I was then transfered to Fort Lewis, WA where I was deployed to Baghdad. I was injured in the line of duty in December of 2004 and transferred to Italy for treatment. After being stabilized I was transported to Washington, DC and landed home on February 14, 2005. I had follow up treatments at Walter Reed and was honorably discharged. I'm still waiting on my disability money...doubt I will ever see that.

Oh yeah, I got a purple heart...BLAH. Rather have an MPI setup.

Edited by Lusion972

I just want to say thank you for all of you and the things you've done.

Me and my family are grateful for you all.

I second that!

Dad

In 01 was in training for USMC recon, got injured...

re-cooperated..

Joined airforce in 04, crewchief on the F-22A Raptor, been many places, broken ground on many projects, multiple lives saved, multiple medals. still enlisted.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1450/6269042/12254968/324092824.jpg

8yrs USAF so far as a Jet Engine Mechanic.

Fully Qualified on KC-135R @ RAF Mildenhall/ B-52H @ Minot AFB/ and currently 1 1/2yr on B-1B @ Dyess AFB

Tons of TDY's and 3 Deployments for OIF/OEF

Last deployment my unit set a world record for coalition effectiveness. 45,000lbs of bombs in 10min over a 5 mile square.

1 achievement medal and more ribbons than needed (If we get lost we get a medal)

Joined the USMC in 98 and was a Basic Radio Operator (Not the job I wanted). In class there were a lot of dumb tails and being a grunt with a target on my back didn't really appeal to me. I immediately joined HF Radio school. It was a small MOS, so small that in order for me to get promoted I had to wait for someone to get out or get promoted. I wasn't the meritorious type. I was a Lance Corporal (E-3) for almost 4 years and I never did anything wrong. I joined 9th Comm (Crime) Battalion after comm school. They saw I had computer skills and since my MOS was stagnant I switched over to WAN security. I met my wife in 9th Comm (also a Marine). In late 2001 I went to the 11 MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) Mid-2002 I deployed wit that unit for 6 months. My daughter Lily was born while I was deployed and when I got back 3 days before my EAS OIF I started and I got hit with stop loss. Of and I picked up Corporal. Since I just got back I told them to send me to Iraq right away and not to have me sitting around in garrison. That didn't happen so I asked to get out.

Oh, and I am in Iraq right now as a civilian. It's just like being in the military except I don't wear cammies, I don't have to stay in shape and I get paid a whole lot more.

your a contractor, in iraq? yes i know for a fact you are BANKING right now...

Edited by JAinsworth
Edited for profanity..violation of sqc policy

US Army 1960 - 1964

3'D Armor 27 cav B company

63250 all wheel and all track vehicle mechanic ( mechanical inspector mostly ) had a clip board in my hand as much as a wrench M-60 tanks

it was fun most of the time, especialy sence i was the guy that had to inspect your vehicle befor you were clear to come off field exerize and go home ;) and that was any thing that move'd

Edited by Shelby

Joined the AF in 1995, did 8 years active duty and now have been in the AF reserves for 5 and 1/2 years. I have been stationed at Kadena AB, Japan, Hill AFB, Utah, Travis AFB, CA and now am here at Offutt AFB, Nebraska. Have been deployed to Prince Sultan AB, Saudi Arabia ('99). I was a precision measurement equipment laboratory craftsman (calibration) and now am a electronic systems security assessment craftsman. I have 2 achievement medals and an accomadation medal. Still enjoy serving and looking forward to the 20 year mark! Oh yeah, I am an AF civilian and work in the avionics backshop for my day job as well as part time student (elec. engineering). I should graduate in about 10 years! :D

Marc

Joined the Army in 77 as an 05k assigned to the what was the Army Security Agency in Berlin. I got out after 1 tour because I was too young and dumb to know how good I had it.

:) and no one told you the wages were going to quadrople very shortly

hell it wasn't long till a basic trainie was makeing more then a combat 1st lt in vitnam

21 yrs Marine Corps. Force Recon. Deployed more times then I care to remember. 20 or so "decorations" not counting my Jump wings, Combat Dive pin, Free-fall wings, Ranger tab. Retired 60 days ago. Possibly getting ready to go to Afghanistan to lend my "services" :gun:

23yrs in the Army from July 13,1981 to July 22,2004, First classs to be trained on M1A1 at Ft Knox, 1981-1991 tours in Germany(2) 2/2 ACR, Korea(1) After Desert Storm I got out for 90 days did not like civilian life went back in had a choice to go back in Armor(no way) or SF after selection became 18D( Medic). Was with 7th Psych Ops BN(Ft Bragg) until was selected to go teach 18D Course(SF Medic) at Ft Sam Houston from 96 until 00.I was accepted into the Physician's Assistant(PA) School. Graduated Feb 02 went to Afghan May 02 was injured thereand then medically Retired in 04.

Thanks to everyone who has been in any of our services and to their dependents for supporting them.

thanks,Gary

Signed up for the US ARMY in Sept. 93 went to Ft. Knox, KY for basic, then to Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD for some Small Arms and Artillery training (45B). Ended up stationed at Ft. Drum, NY with the 10th Mountain Division, Bco 710th MSB. In 94 went to the lovely Island of Haiti for 3 months. Spent some time in West Point, NY and Indianapolis IN with the Guard. Got off active duty in Jan. 97 then out of the Reserves on 9/25/01 exactly 2 weeks after 9/11. I was sure that I was going to get called back to duty but my discharge had already been put in. Ive got several medals like most army vets, ARCOM, Couple of AAMs, and the rest of the usual ones.

Also since I have gotten out I still havent had as much Beer to drink as I did the few years I was in Active. WHeeww I drank alot back then.

Joined the USMC in 98 and was a Basic Radio Operator (Not the job I wanted). In class there were a lot of dumb tails and being a grunt with a target on my back didn't really appeal to me.

Semper Fi! I joined in 87, also as a Field Radio Operator. I actually wanted Amphibious Assault but I UNQed the swimming and ended up at 29 Palms doing the radio thing. I was with 2/4 "A" Co. in Desert Shield/Storm. Was fun to look up the exact patch of earth outside Kuwait City where we stayed for several months after the initial offensive on Google Earth :)

Guest Kenmarrow
I Join the US Coast Guard in 1970 I learned to drink some beers, I retired in 1992 I forget the rest. What year is it anyways. Got Boat! haha Peace Ken