Fuel Injection Pro

madatme

Last August at the Nationals in Michigan, I won the FuelInjection pro kit, I was like in AAAhhh, well after 10 e-mails,a phone conversation and 8 months later I have no prize from them. The guy seemed nice on the phone and said he would ship it out in a week, but like I said it's 8 months later and I got stiffed. If a company or whoever promise a gift they should follow through with it or not promise such a nice gesture. I'm very disappointed in Fuel Injection Pro company on how they handle there business routine and policy's, actually I'm very &$^%# mad and I hope everyone see's this post and spread's the word. I feel very sorry if a person paid for a service from them, Your gonna get stiffed also

Beware

Greg B-madatme

Last August at the Nationals in Michigan, I won the FuelInjection pro kit, I was like in AAAhhh, well after 10 e-mails,a phone conversation and 8 months later I have no prize from them. The guy seemed nice on the phone and said he would ship it out in a week, but like I said it's 8 months later and I got stiffed. If a company or whoever promise a gift they should follow through with it or not promise such a nice gesture. I'm very disappointed in Fuel Injection Pro company on how they handle there business routine and policy's, actually I'm very &$^%# mad and I hope everyone see's this post and spread's the word. I feel very sorry if a person paid for a service from them, Your gonna get stiffed also

Beware

Greg B-madatme

From what I understand they had an illness in the family and were slow going on everything. I placed my order 4mo ago and I did get everything as promised, but it took 2 months to receive with VERY SLOW replies to my emails/voicemails, although they did get responded to. I have yet to hear back from them since I inquired a few weeks ago about a few additional things I want to order.

I hope this illness in their family doesnt ruin their business practices!

The illness turned into a death, please consider this and give them a chance to get things right.

Jimmy

I'm sorry to hear about the illness in the family, Iv'e been there, but I think after 8 months that a bit extreme

I'm sorry to hear about the illness in the family, Iv'e been there, but I think after 8 months that a bit extreme

yes im sorry and would have too agree

Well, good things in the starquest world rarely last, this seems to be another one of those things. I agree that waiting even 2 months for something you ordered is outrageous. I will continue to only order parts from reputable, long time businesses, and figure the rest out myself. I just hope Mookeeh will not flake out like every other vendor seems to have done. Don't forget CNM.

I can't believe it's almost 9 months after the meet and this stuff is still going on.

We've all run into bad deals in life, but in my experience they are rare in this community, so this is very shocking to me.

The prizes for the National Meet were my job to get together and I took it very seriously. We had so many great vendors chip in and were able to give away the best prizes I've ever seen at a SQ meet. I bet we had close to $10k in prizes. Well, we would have had FIP and Exstatix held up their end of the deal.

Sounds like plenty of people WHO SPEND $ with FIP are pleased with the company and their transactions. Maybe FIP figures since it was a donation to begin with, that it didn't matter if they follow thru or not. In my opinion, they should try harder with a freebie. Of the 10's of thousands of dollars this community has made FIP over the years, you'd think FIP would be more than happy to give back and provide the same transaction and dealings that they do to paying customers.

Now, I'm not heartless. They had some health and death issues- horrible things to have to go thru. I can see that being an issue to slow things down for a few weeks. But a few months? And it's not like there was a bunch of stuff to send out. Throw a TBPro II in a box and drop it by the post office on one of your trips to the hospital. Or maybe ask one of the friends that inevitably step up in times of need to help you out. ESPECIALLY after making many promises to "send it out this week" or "send it out next week" in emails.

If you make a commitment to do something, do it. Just because you're doing it for free is no excuse to skip out on it. I'm not even a real "vendor" but I was able to not only get my prizes done, but also paint the "Ugliest SQ", all while trying to do other customer cars, get ready for the meet and packing everything I own for a cross country move. I even buried a friend during that time too. 4 hours of sleep a night sucks, but sometimes that's what you have to do to uphold your commitments.

Greg, like I said before, I will make this right. It was my responsibility to get the prizes so, if this hasn't been resolved within one year, I'll make a custom, body-modded panel for ya.

Greg,

As a member of the planning team, I was only recently made aware of this snag, and you have my deepest apologies for this slip up.

I will collaborate with Mark, and we will find out what we can do to make things right for you.

Once again, terribly sorry for the trouble this has created.

Tim

• 3 months later...
I'll donate an FIP ecu and partial wiring harness if it'll help out on this. I just have to get it back from RJ first.

Now that's a stand up guy, there. Not even a true "vendor" but willing to step up and help a fellow SQer.

Larry, while I highly appreciate the offer, I will handle this. I don't care if I gotta do a custom front end and paintjob to make it right, it's on me.

My biggest deal in lining up the vendors was making sure that we had product on location when needed. I worked out deals with Dad, Exstatixx, and FIP contrary to that. Exstatixx has yet to resolve his issue as well but is not a true "vendor", but FIP sent me a "certificate" to give away to the winner and as a "good" SQ vendor I took that as gospel. Of course, Dad came thru 100% with his donation of a Marnal head. Exstatixx isn't a true vendor and likely a lost cause, but FIP really ground my gears. I took their certificate as their word and got screwed.

Luckily it wasn't a total bust. We had GREAT vendors step up and managed to give away almost TEN THOUSAND dollars worth of stuff. There are still great vendors in this community, but watch out for the ones like FIP

I spoke with Scott and Ed about this today and they asked that Greg contact them @ 727-243-1396 And leave a message with his contact information. He will be receiving the kit shortly. These guys have had a tough year and are just now getting back to making things, they are good people and I think we should cut them some slack.

Josh

This still was never resolved. One year to the date that the prize was won.

Sad.

• 2 weeks later...
I am a totally sympathetic someone having a loss in the family. That being said, I bought a hurricaine 4, it doesnt work and I have been waiting for a call back from FIP for 6 or 7 months. From a customers perspective that is completely unacceptable. I belived in their product enough to support them with my hard earned dollar. FIP needs to RETURN PHONE CALLS.

• 3 months later...
I am a totally sympathetic someone having a loss in the family. That being said, I bought a hurricaine 4, it doesnt work and I have been waiting for a call back from FIP for 6 or 7 months. From a customers perspective that is completely unacceptable. I belived in their product enough to support them with my hard earned dollar. FIP needs to RETURN PHONE CALLS.

guys sorry for not paying alot of attention for this post but to give you a update on whats going on with FIP

I talked too Scott(he called me) on Sept. 9 2008 about my kit that I won at the Nationals and he was very nice, got my address, phone #, all the info he needed, Aplogized and he said he would send out the kit too me.

Well it's Jan 11 2009 about a 1.5 years later---Guess what, I still have do not have a

2007 StarQuest National Fuel Injection Kit that I won or awarded too me at the meet

Oh boy, what a way too make friends and do business transactions, as Jimmy said give them a chance because of problems they had which I have and haven't complained too them. If FIP would like to try again, send me a email at madatme@woh.rr.com or call me 937 626 4063

Any way I would like to say Thanks to the members that supported me on this post and Good Luck to FIP

Greg B-madatme

I absolutely cannot believe this is still going on.

FIP can get bent. Greg, since they obviously aren't going to make this right, what can I do for you as an alternate prize. PM or Email me.

• 1 month later...
I will donate a CR125 ignition module....Starquesters pull together....

Hey, I just want to say thanks again for all your help with this, it's not the parts or labor that you guys want to give up, it's the principle of the whole thing. Still no kit

I did send them another e-mail tonight and refreshed them about what's going on, so I guess we will see and I will keep you updated