Gullwing Door project pictures through out.

pagemo

Chrome would look sick ...can you imagine how perfect the body would need to be! I always thought the polished aluminum you see on some old cobras is incredible.

Im still leaning towards a charcoal gray. I have about finished the welding on the driver door bottom. And need to finish the same on the passenger then I will post pics because the body work will be done and ready to start the finish prep for paint.

Edited by pagemo

Chrome would look sick ...can you imagine how perfect the body would need to be! I always thought the polished aluminum you see on some old cobras is incredible.

Im still leaning towards a charcoal gray. I have about finished the welding on the driver door bottom. And need to finish the same on the passenger then I will post pics because the body work will be done and ready to start the finish prep for paint.

Chrome is close to grey... ;)

As far as perfect bodywork... EXACTLY. Make it look geeeeewd! And shiny! B)

out of all the starquest colors ive owned.....honestly, black is the sexiest, i like black over fiji now.

I could be wrong but, my opinion black looks the best, even the gullwing was black but I know you most likely want to be different.

just my 2.6

what ever color you choose, DO NOT pin stripe it. I dont know if its a midwest thing but it makes me sick how many cars are horribly pinstriped here in Mi. It really doesn't matter what color you paint it, its dope reguardless.

what ever color you choose, DO NOT pin stripe it. I dont know if its a midwest thing but it makes me sick how many cars are horribly pinstriped here in Mi. It really doesn't matter what color you paint it, its dope reguardless.

What ya trying to say about my awesome pinstripes haha

• 4 weeks later...
Keep it white with tan leather interior.... sweet combination

Either way I'm sure its going to be nice.

I think this may be the color combo!!

I have to paint under the hood soon so I am running out of time to decide. I have just about finished the doors. I modified the window regulators and up down rods for my short doors and everything seems to work well. The bad news is my window only goes down half way.

I still have a ton of stuff to do but putting the body work behind me will be huge. I will post pictures as soon as I install the door lifts and don't have to use 2x4'sthe to hold the doors open!

• 3 weeks later...

if you're going white, i recommend you take a look a lexus white. it's really deep with just a touch of cream. would look good on a car with leather interior.

It funny you mention that i have seen several Lexus lately that i liked the look of the white. I will have to dig up the paint code. I like the white on several of the new BMWs as well. Really bright with almost a hint of blue???

It funny you mention that i have seen several Lexus lately that i liked the look of the white. I will have to dig up the paint code. I like the white on several of the new BMWs as well. Really bright with almost a hint of blue???

I have always wanted to paint one of my old cars that way....really bright white with a faint blue pearl. that would look pretty cool with the lines and flares of the SQ.

BC_99

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg1/pagemo/2011-11-06_14-58-11_279.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg1/pagemo/2011-11-06_14-58-59_44.jpg

New wheels and tires...looks like im going to need a little fender work!

Wedsport TC105n powder coated blue, I didn't pick the color but I got an awesome deal so now I have to decide what to do about car and wheel color? The blue changes from dark purple to bright blue metallic in the sun.

Wheels are 18x9.5 +12 and 18x10.5 +10 the tires are to big but they are 265/35 and 285/35.

Edited by pagemo

Yeah sorry, no spacer in front and the tire is just barely clearing the lock nut on the D2's. And the rear has 25 or 35 mm spacers to make them match the front. I will measure them later. The rear actually sits very nice with no spacer but I would have to buy 2 new front wheels just to get them to sit similar.

They are not an ideal set up but the price was right for a set of forged weds that weigh 17lbs. And I really like the way they look, i have been a fan of the concave wheel look since it started to catch on.

Edited by pagemo

Update on the rest of the project.

Motor is in and mounted, i havent decided yet on using the donor motor i have to get the car started and tuned or if i should just use all of the performance parts i have and the forged bottom end. I hate the idea of starting a fresh build for the first time and not being able to go through a proper break in because im trying to build maps and fix problems ect??

I bought a TKO 600 transmission to mount with a 94 S10 bellhousing( I will need to add a bolt hole in the bell) I am going to use a stock Camaro V6 Flywheel and a Spec 3+ clutch. Jonboy donated a parts car to help me get all of the little odds and ends off of as well as a gas tank and front bumper. So right now i am getting ready to start building a set of custom headers that will merge in front of the motor and use a T67 turbo.

I still need to get a megasquirt,wiring harness, intercooler and plumbing as well as what seems like a million other little items but its progress.

I had to modify the work i did to both upper door frames in order to get the gas shocks to fit properly but they are mounted and the doors seem to work well. still need to tweak the latch a little because it seems to stick a little.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg1/pagemo/2011-10-05_19-56-00_256.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg1/pagemo/2011-10-05_19-55-48_217.jpg

This was the rear wheel with out a spacer

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg1/pagemo/2011-11-04_20-00-45_801.jpg

and with

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg1/pagemo/2011-11-06_14-58-30_807.jpg

Edited by pagemo