Megasquirt Maps and Tables

I hooked him up with table switching, we were just making sure Tye had more than Phil. Got to like 288 tune points for fuel and spark!

Notice the upper tables rpm bins start at 2000 and the lower table rpm bins stop at 4500. You get more useable tuning room skewing them on a table switch.

I hooked him up with table switching, we were just making sure Tye had more than Phil. Got to like 288 tune points for fuel and spark!

Notice the upper tables rpm bins start at 2000 and the lower table rpm bins stop at 4500. You get more useable tuning room skewing them on a table switch.

Wow, I never thought to use multiple tables to get more data points. That's a great idea. Do you know if the autotune function works properly with multiple tables? Is it as simple as just enabling table switching and setting the KPA and RPM bins? Also, how does this impact datalogging and analysis using the megalogviewer?

So basically you have a table for no boost, <100 KPA, and a table for boost, >100KPA?

Edited by CaliConquestAlex

Yes, it's that easy, yes I used a 100 KPa switch point for Tye but if you're running big boost you can move it anywhere that gives you the resolution you want. MS2 and 3 allow software configured switch points, MS1 requires the use of an output and then a hard wired input to trigger the switch point.

Autotune uses whatever table you have "up" at the time, just choose whatever table you want to work on.

I wish some of the current high horsepower guys would post their ignition maps...

for what fuel, piston, plug, headwork, exhaust? The crappier the engine flows, the more help (advance) it will need.

You want to have most of your adv pulled before you hit peak tq (peak cyl pressure) thats where it will be prone to detonate. Then bring it back in over time (rpm) to keep it going. Climb on a dyno and add/remove 2 deg from the top end and see how the engine responds. If you add 2 and it losses or doesnt gain, remove 3. If you pull 2 and it gains, remove more and see what it does.

Turn off your corrections off, do some 3rd gear datalogs and see how the afr's respond. I like long uphill roads.

Edited by Funky Phil

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Looking for some advice here. This is a tune I had before when I was running stock compression:

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t324/polarisman14/StarQuest/tune_print_screen_9_14_15.jpg

I am now running 8:1 Wiseco's and a 195 degree thermostat (versus the 180 degree that was in there beforehand). Those are the only changes from then to now but I know the CR is a pretty significant one so I'm asking what, if anything, you think I should do to these tables. I had to bump my required fuel up a point to make it idle smoothly in the 13:1 AFR range. Mods are as follows:

Wiseco 8:1 Pistons

TEP Street/Strip Cam

75# Injectors

Walbro 255 pump@62psi base pressure & Sard FPR

FIP Hurricane IM

2.25" Charge Piping

65mm TB

4" Thick IC

Full 3" straight-through exhaust

Tial 38mm EWG w/1 bar base pressure

Turbosmart Eboost2 boost controller

Treadstone exh. manifold

Turbonetics 11021-BB Turbo w/.82AR Hot side

NJV Head

3" inlet pipe w/conical filter

93 octane pump gas

OEM Mitsu PCV Valve

BMW X5 oil separator

Not sure what else you need to know about my setup to make any educated suggestions, if there's something I am leaving out please ask. Right now I just need a decent functional break-in tune. Not looking to run much if any boost at all during the next couple hundred miles but I just want to make sure I am not damaging anything with the AFR's and ignition tables. I took the car for a shakedown run today and it drove well. No odd popping or bucking or anything out of the ordinary but you gurus know better than I do if something is way out.

Thanks.

Edited by polarisman14

wheres the spark table for while your loaded? That only shows for vac-atmo.Lots of wasted cells like that. Also your fuel map is missing a ton of stuff as well.

Why so much fuel pressure?

Edited by Funky Phil

Honestly I am new to the tuning thing and this is going off of an old tune from Scott that is NOT designed for this setup right now--that's why it may look a little off. Where do I go to find my other tables? I am using TunerStudio and just looked in the basic settings list to find these.

I totally forgot to put in what I was using for ignition control and I assume that's important:

Stock dizzy locked out w/CR125 pickup

MSD 6a ignition control box w/tach adapter

MSD blaster coil

NGK wires

Plugs gapped at .030"

There's so much fuel pressure because I am hoping to hit 400whp-ish on this setup and don't want to adjust base fuel pressure in the future to compensate--my understanding is that also requires essentially retuning if you do that. I was considering using 50psi for base pressure but don't know if that will be enough. Thinking my final boost pressure will be in the 20psi range--planning on adding meth injection in the spring when I have money for that and a real tune.

My last tune was based on 60psi pressure but that was with the stock fuel pump and I assume the fuel pressure was falling off on high rpms because it just couldn't keep up. I didn't change the fuel pressure but went from a dry to liquid filled gauge and it's reading 62psi at idle so that must just be the discrepancy between the gauges.

EDIT: Snooped around a bit more on TS and found the other maps under Extended.

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t324/polarisman14/StarQuest/tune_print_screen_9_14_152.jpg

Edited by polarisman14