mookeeh products group purchase(ends Nov. 14th)

substock

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be in for the short shifter, does he take paypal :?

for you trini, i don't know if paypal will work :^o

he does take paypal, and so do i. i will send out his paypal address to those on the first page. if you do not have paypal i will send you my home address so you can send me a money order, then i'll send him the money through paypal for you.

Do the steering wheels come with the adapter needed? Where can I see the styles? If it comes with the adaptor and I like a style Ill take one of those too.

i believe they do come with the adapters(just a guess,though)'cause the original price is 49.99+29.99.i believe the 29.99 is the adapter.but i may be wrong.i put the link below so you can see the wheels...i'm getting the MK1 S1.

http://www.mookeeh.com/

FYI , I have one of the short shifters i got off ebay and i am NOT HAPPY with it at all. I have had to send it back two times now because the bushing on the end of the shifter keeps breaking into. Both times he has replaced them, but still it should not be breaking at all. Both times shifter was in the car no more then a week before i lost 5th gear and soon after it stopped shifting alltogether. I looked at it the last time i pulled it out of the car ,and shifter looks like it may need a spacer between shifter and trans to work right.

does anyone else have one of these shifters, and what luck have you had :?:

michael 8)

the pics do make it look like it needs a spacer. Might make a suggestion to the maker about that.

Even if its a bit more cash, it would be worth it to have it work better.

After I get mine, I may be asking for some measurements. I have access to 2 milling machines. So I might try and make a spacer for myself.

Derek

well i hate it when this happens but a bunch of you are my friends and buds, you DO NOT want this short shifter, it is substandard.

1. mine broke before getting out of first gear (rapidly corrected) plastic tip

2. the cheap plastic piece instead of delrin doesnt cut it, not for my kind of HP/driving

3. I had a unique opportunity in having both side by side in 2 cars, the GP from last year and the ebay one this year followed by its replacement from otis at midwest turbo.

4. yes you have to use the pin from the old shifter in the GP short shifter of last year, Bain shortshifter, same as midwest's

5. i cant do side by side comparison now since they are installed however this one is cast the one i bought last year was machined Stainless steel - price was similar

call Otis at Midwest turbo, tell em i sent you and he will set you up right and if you still are ok with trying this one i have one for sale for $100 (yup i paid the ebay price) , he replaced the parts immediately no beef there just no comparison to quality machined work versus cast and i had nightmares about pieces of plastic floating in my tranny.

his other products i have bought are fine.

you get what you pay for, midwest's price is $149 as appears the same as the bain i bought in 2004 http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/viewto...t=short+shifter

http://www.midwestturbo.com/Conquest_Clutch.htm

the Stedebani looks identical but comes with the pin http://hometown.aol.com/stedebani/images/conqshift.jpg

i believe in both you have to use the boot attached which was no big deal just getting at it was..

Sorry... I know I was the first one to opt in but had some major mechanical issues this week and need to bail out. Currently getting clutch with master and slave, rear main seal, front u-joint, and both rear axles replaced. And on top of that, I just had to put 4 new tires on 2 weeks ago. So I am just about tapped out :(

Substock, if you could remove my name for the pillar pod with gauges and in cabin MBC - sorry bud.

Tom