Chads MPI vs. Magna MPI, worth the extra $?

Oh and Joel, man I'm right there with you.  I can't take it any more with that guy.  I keep coming back thinking ok, that'll be enough.  He'll realize he was just confused and beg forgiveness... And we, being the loving soles we are will grant it. Simple mistake, no harm no foul right?  Fuel pressure is certainly constant relative to manifold pressure, so he just missed the "relative to manifold pressure" part in school that day, and thought fuel pressure was simply constant.  But nope, no G-Damn way, not this cat.  That's alright.  You win some you lose some.  Guess we lost.  So I have some changes to make to my fuel system.  Joel, do you figure I'll have enough pulse width left to stay rich at 20psi with a 44psi baseline fuel pressure?  I figure with 10in of vacuum at idle that's really 30psi of extra pressure over idle, making my effective fuel pressure 14psi at full boost, assuming I can follow this new system well enough to make my system a, what was it, "well done system".  This is gonna be tricky.  but when I get it close I'll throw an FMU on there and d*** with that for a while.  I sure wish either you or I had actually installed or tuned a standalone computer before.  In fact if you had actually done it 3 or 4 times we might actually be able to get some kinda reasonable understanding of how this stuff goes together.  Good thing for us they're are guys like 89onatrip to pop in and set us straight from time to time or we'd never make 300whp.  

haha. Yeah, Standalone computers suck, we should have opted for a chip and if we run out of injector before 300whp on a set of 440cc/min injectors, we'll just add an FMU... the sky is the limit "yo".

Joel

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chads MPI vs. Magna MPI, worth the extra $?    IMO  NO,  whew that was much easier......

taki

P.s.  sometime in the future, if chad puts more time into these things, then its quite possible it would be worth the extra $

Chip,I really havent posted on these boards over the last few years because of debates turning bad and people like this showing up.Even though it was much worse back then.I just wanted to let you know I look forward to reading your replies everyday. I must say,you are very entertaining.May I ask if your a lawyer?If not,you should consider becoming one..You have such a way with words.When you make your point,its much like a closing statement in a court case..Keep it comin....

Well hell gents it makes my day to hear that.  While we're patting each other on the back though I have to say I've enjoyed alot of the wording in Joel's posts on this issue lately too.  Joel, some of that stuff really struck me funny, and Scotty I can't get enough of your dry humor.  I wish more people would get it so they could lighten up about it.  

As for the lawyer question, it's funny you mention that because one of the many aptitude tests they have us all take in school indicated that I was somewhat predisposed to being a lawyer.  It was so clear apparently that they sent the information to a local law firm who had a youth group to peak kids' interest in practicing law.  I'm sure the law firm had an arrangement with the school for referrals and what not.  It was not to be however, but I'm pretty happy with the job I ended up with.  I do plan to go back to school though.  Who knows what I'll study.  I'm not sure there's room left in my brain for law school.  Flight school was enough, and we still study our tails off.  Some times you just want to vegetate.  know what I mean?

.  Joel, do you figure I'll have enough pulse width left to stay rich at 20psi with a 44psi baseline fuel pressure?  I figure with 10in of vacuum at idle that's really 30psi of extra pressure over idle, making my effective fuel pressure 14psi at full boost, assuming I can follow this new system well enough to make my system a, what was it, "well done system".  This is gonna be tricky.  but when I get it close I'll throw an FMU on there and d*** with that for a while.  I sure wish either you or I had actually installed or tuned a standalone computer before.  In fact if you had actually done it 3 or 4 times we might actually be able to get some kinda reasonable understanding of how this stuff goes together.  Good thing for us they're are guys like 89onatrip to pop in and set us straight from time to time or we'd never make 300whp.  

Maybe he can burn you a new chip..

get it chip..  lee ..   ok no one gets the pun?

Oh and Joel, man I'm right there with you.  I can't take it any more with that guy.  I keep coming back thinking ok, that'll be enough.  He'll realize he was just confused and beg forgiveness... And we, being the loving soles we are will grant it. Simple mistake, no harm no foul right?  

Chiponyourshoulder,

I will never "beg for forgiveness", I don't feel I need it. Especially from people like you. No wonder why people come and go so often, look at the attitudes, for a simple misunderstnding...

Rereading some of what I said, I can see now was not absolutely clear, but I guessed that most could understand what was tring to be said.

I now know that you people want the exact and absolutely clear wording in posts. Gee must be great to be perfect...

Well just be prepared to explain yourself well especially when you contradict established and proven methods.  Chip has posted dyno numbers and people have seen his car run ($hit people have ridden in his car).   Just get some credibility before you start 'announcing' how wrong people are.  Man no offense but some of what you typed was ridiculous and misinformative.  Use the english language.. Concentrate on what im saying without being offended.

Especially from people like you. No wonder why people come and go so often,

people like me? what kind of people is that?  And if you're actually a new member and not an previously "laughed out of town" bozo who re-registered with a new name, then how do you know people come and go "so often"?

people like me? what kind of people is that?  And if you're actually a new member and not an previously "laughed out of town" bozo who re-registered with a new name, then how do you know people come and go "so often"?

How do I know people come and go? well for one you just told me. Otherwise, I constanly see the same people posting...

I see the few that come in and ask a question and then never post again.

We can't see eye to eye, so lets agre to disagree.

Well,. it was my fault. (i apoligize) I should have known better,. an i blew up ( so-ta speak).  i couldnt get,. number one sealed right, an the rail was always crooked. ( never sat staright across, the injecters).  What happened,. was number one broke free, either on de-sel,. or when it hit idle.  It sprayed on the side of the intake, asn the front runners.  The flame it self,. is still a question. (how exactly it ignited the gas) It melted three injecter wires, an plugs, an messed up two injecters.  It ate the wiring to the tps, msd, an a chunk of grounds, that were tucked under the master cylinder.  The welding didnt crack,. not only did chad weld, this together.  But i had to get the shop ( the dyno place) to do some on it also. ( they moved neck to allow the cap an rotor, an disterbuter).  problems why it broke lose,. i have no idea.  I cut the thermastat housing in front of the rad clamp to allow forgiviness, an i stuck a large washer under the stud that goes to the rail.(to keep the rail as starigth as possible) An number 4 started to leak, so i dug it out, an re did that also.  I was pissed becuase thier is absolutley no way,. he has it running, or this info would have been good to know,. before hand.  On the inside of the intake,. besides having (what i call slag).  they ( the shop felt it was aduquate ).  the runner lengths was in question,. so after some, cleaning an moving the neck, it was re-welded, an the innner lip was touched also.  the rail,. might not have been, from chad deliberatly,. he just didnt know, about the prob's from it running.  The rail shifted an with the nexk not allowing the movemnet from being tightend i guess,. caused the acendent.

Now i have been,. grown up enough to say,. i apoligize, for jumping on you chad.  An for setting flames here on the board.  im still working, on it now, an runnning somewhat. (im still working on it,. becuase its not a complete loss, an thru some good people here an around i was able to put the the stuff back togther)  An thank-you very much, i wouldnt have been able to do it, by myslef.  

An if you want to slam someone,. then go ahead, on top of everything else thats been going on.  I'll just put it on the back burner, becuase i havea car that has nickled- dimed me to death.  An i have to get it working.

Don't want to hear your BS any more about it either. We have all heard enough.

Tim C.

yup i was out of line, an thanks for being the the person to make sure i reconized, it. Do what you feel is right.

Glad to see you found what happened.

Not so good of an idea to be disrespecting Tim like that.

I don't know, I think Tim kinda jumped down his throat from what's supposed to be an impartial position.  I'm lit up right now so maybe I'll want to delete this in the morning but more than anything I think Dan deserves praise for owning up to it.  Not exactly sure where the random comment to Tim C came from though.  It seems like Tim said something, dan replied to it, then Tim deleted it.  If that's not the case then I don't quite get it Dan.  I do however, remember feeling like Tim was being a little cold hearted at one point right after this fire happened.  Not that Tim was wrong, but just that he came off pretty stern for a Mod.  Like I said, it's friggin' 3:15am and I've had a few too many as usual so who knows.  Just try to put yourself in Dan's shoes when you think he's being unreasonable is all I'm asking.  If that was me I'd be completely unprofessional about it, and I think Dan has done ok, considering.  Mike you know I love you man.  Peace.

I don't know, I think Tim kinda jumped down his throat from what's supposed to be an impartial position.  I'm lit up right now so maybe I'll want to delete this in the morning but more than anything I think Dan deserves praise for owning up to it.  Not exactly sure where the random comment to Tim C came from though.  It seems like Tim said something, dan replied to it, then Tim deleted it.  If that's not the case then I don't quite get it Dan.  I do however, remember feeling like Tim was being a little cold hearted at one point right after this fire happened.  Not that Tim was wrong, but just that he came off pretty stern for a Mod.  Like I said, it's friggin' 3:15am and I've had a few too many as usual so who knows.  Just try to put yourself in Dan's shoes when you think he's being unreasonable is all I'm asking.  If that was me I'd be completely unprofessional about it, and I think Dan has done ok, considering.  Mike you know I love you man.  Peace.

I just don't don't want us fighting up in here again. :)

Tim is such a good person, the guy would give you the shirt off his back and spend his last $10 buying you a new shirt if you disliked the first one he gave ya.

I posted back in October, I guess I did not realize this was the same thread.    At this time it had been months since we had been told why this intake is superior to EIP's (it was on the old ryddler board even).  Does anyone have it running yet or even taking a spin with it on that has not gotten a 'prototype' and modified it?  And all the hell I caught for this post....  Why was your money not returned Dan and Taki did get a refund?  I can't understand that one.  

Chad came out to list all the reasons as to why his intake is better than EIP's at a mere 900 bucks and not even have any kind of hard data (a simple dyno run would do) to reference that it is in fact superior-proven-reliable-whatever then the stacks, plenum, retaining AC, cruise, thermo housing and water lines don't really mean jack.  Maybe at least like bolting on your own car and driving up and down the street a few times?  EIP show flow numbers?  No...but at least they show a conquest insanely screaming down the track.  If Chad's intake is hi-po steal for 900 bucks? We agree only time will tell.   I feel the magna has alot of potential - this is unchartered water.

yes i got my money back.  There was no argument from chad when i asked for my money back, he was very cool about it.  from what i understand Dan did not get his money back because he was not the original purchaser of the manifold.   It changed hands several times, from what i hear. :-/

Taki

Actually that was somebody else.  i bought mine straight from chad.  I paid him half to get him started,. then he got doen with it, an i paid him the rest of the money.  i wanted him to take his time. The only reason why it was opened, is im a perfection person.  I saw some rough area's in it, an the throttlebody wouldnt fit next to my disterbuter.  Chad said he would send me another one, to replace it.  But i was in the process of moving, an told him not to worry about it. (hence he wasnt answering the phone, the naswering machine was, so i posted afterwords) The not having the knowledge that i have now, ( fuel leaking thing ).  would have been nice, to know ahead of time but., anyways.  I have it running again,. i changed some more things, about the fuel rail, an the injecter rail lining up.  

That post about tim,. was supposed to be a pm an sent back to him,. but i was jumping pages back an forth, an it ended up here.

Thanks, for you response's.  An understanding,. its a bit hard to follow, after the deleting thing,. but thanks  (i was betting me on a cutting log, because i knew better)  This is one road,. i wouldnt want anyone else, to follow.

I think it is time to lock up this thread.   The original poster had his question answered and it seems like people are sick of all the additional posting/flaming going on in here.   There are so many different conversations going on at one time, tons of contradictory information, etc.   It is just way too confusing.

If selected members wish to continue their topics; feel free to start another thread, take it to PM, or whatever.  

kev