T-56 speed conversion kit to be made

Chad

THere have been some setbacks, but those are mostly behind us.  I've had to make 5 prototypes on the pinion adapter, for propper clearance and maximum strength.  

I've also been told by Fidanza that they will not sell me the needed flywheel incerts   >:(    First they would not make the custom flywheels, then they decided they would not allow me to buy their incerts either.  So I've had to scrap that design and use another that involves makign a custom incert that will be machinable.  Screw Fidanza  :P  

This has all been an unexpected time dealy, as well as a financial problem for me, but I have these issues moslty resolved.  I'll be sending out the test kits to those testing the setup very soon.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have it in the car 100% complete, just waiting on the custom driveline.  All the adapters are sorted out and ready for production.  there are a few new options now, different options for different budgets.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chad put me on the list, i just read half way of all this great news, but still i will finish the reading for tomorrow because i have to drop off my babe to the airport tomorrow very early morning, so i will finish reading in the night after my work, so you can still put me on the list, i really agree with you, that was my very first question when i pay out for my first conquest tsi the 88, what will happen if i screw up my 5 speed transmission its not going to last forever, and the parts will be very hard to find to repair the 5 speed tranny, so i'm with you Chad, Put my name on the list, i'm with you 100%.

I'm in.

any news, how is the t56 working, any good news or pics.

oh yes there is one guy who is selling his 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra TREMEC T56 6 speed, how is that transmission gear ratio, will it work great, or should i use the another t56 tranny like the camaro or firebird, there is different types of t56 tranny gear ratio, but this guy he is selling his 2003 ford mustand cobra and is asking $120 bucks.

T56 Gear Ratios

1 2.97

2 2.07

3 1.43

4 1.00

5 0.80

6 0.62

Reverse 2.90

will it work i just meet this guy this morning, i want know much this type of t56 tranny and thats the t56 gear ratios from the guys tranny, thats what he hand over to me on a piece of paper.

will it work or should i go better with camaro or firebird t56 tranny.

My install is 100% done, I just need to put a little road time on the kit before I release it. I'm also looking for some feedback from those who have my R&D kits to report thier likes/dislikes so I can make changes as needed.

I'm also making a 2nd kit to use the LS-1 version and a GM 10.5" clutch, this will use a stock flywheel and a TOB shim for the LS-1 TOB, should turn out to be a cheaper kit in the long run, but it has a few more parts in it, and a few yet to design first. It may still be the same $$$ or more depending on hydrolic compatability between the stock master and GM slave, the current kit uses all stock hydrolics.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chad,

I am finally ready to put this thing back together, I have a question- and it may be resolved with the Fidanza Flywheel but, I can not get an 11" Clutch assembly to bolt up to your flywheel adapter, it looks to fit more like a 9" clutch (which does not exist for a LT-1).

Also, does the adapter require cutting the weight out of the Factory Flywheel? that's a lot of rotational mass???

Can you E-Mail me the Clutch Part # you are using?

Also, do you still have the calculation for the balance due for the second kit? I sent you enough to cover a large portion of the second kit in addition to paynet in full for the first kit. I will be ready to receive the second kit soon, so let me know - so I can get the "scratch" together...

Thanks for your efforts!!

I can not wait to row a 6-Speed - 500 - 600 RWHP G54B!!!!!!!

IDKwhy

Chad,

I am finally ready to put this thing back together, I have a question- and it may be resolved with the Fidanza Flywheel but, I can not get an 11" Clutch assembly to bolt up to your flywheel adapter, it looks to fit more like a 9" clutch (which does not exist for a LT-1).

Also, does the adapter require cutting the weight out of the Factory Flywheel? that's a lot of rotational mass???

Can you E-Mail me the Clutch Part # you are using?

Also, do you still have the calculation for the balance due for the second kit? I sent you enough to cover a large portion of the second kit in addition to paynet in full for the first kit. I will be ready to receive the second kit soon, so let me know - so I can get the "scratch" together...

Thanks for your efforts!!

I can not wait to row a 6-Speed - 500 - 600 RWHP G54B!!!!!!!

IDKwhy

Nice would love to see few pictures if its possible...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...