T-56 speed conversion kit to be made

Chad

so how much is this kit and everything else costing? =P~

400 for the kit

425 for the Fidanza

610 for the SPEC 3+ 800tq rated

1000 for the tranny with shifter, clutch and pp.

I sold my old act/fidanza for 420 and I figure I can get something for the old gm clutch. I still need the driveshaft which could be 250-500 depending on the rating.

It's a big investment but it should be solid for 500hp. The good thing is that in the future I can have the tranny rebuilt for ????hp and everything else will be up to par.

Somebody better stock up on rear ends. 8) Somthing tells me we're about to find a new Weakspot.

yeah and the best one to get an easy fit is the ford 9" you have to get it cut down but its worth it

I think the 9" is way over kill. You'll loose 80whp just by adding that rear. Maybe an 8.8 or GM 12bolt. I haven't seen anyone grenade the stock rear yet. :wink:

I got the tranny in yesterday and it was lots of fun. Just make sure you have an extra set of hands and a 12 pack of Heinys. Have to order the driveshaft now.

The tranny was still driveable, but 3rd gear was gone and I knew it was on its way out. I was actaully just going to swap in one of my spare 88's, but once I had the car in the air, I figured I'd have to remove the mistu tranny again someday. I figured I'd just go ahead and do the swap now.

I think the stock rear will be fine for now. Someday, I would like to tub the rear...maybe then I'd change the rear.

Somebody better stock up on rear ends. 8) Somthing tells me we're about to find a new Weakspot.

yeah and the best one to get an easy fit is the ford 9" you have to get it cut down but its worth it

I think the 9" is way over kill. You'll loose 80whp just by adding that rear. Maybe an 8.8 or GM 12bolt. I haven't seen anyone grenade the stock rear yet. :wink:

i've got a 8.8 on my 5.0 pushin 750hp. hasnt broke yet. 12-13 sub 9 sec runs on slicks. and thats bangin a 5 speed!!! 9's are over rated.

will the spedo gear fit or is there an adaptor for that. What about the clutch slave? How's the pedal feel?

I would need to get an adapter because the tranny uses an electronic speedo. Honestly, I havent even looked into it yet. I might just go with an aftermarket elec. speedo. It uses the stock mitsu slave with a braket that's included. I should be able to get to it this weeknd and take it for its maiden voyage. According to Chad, the pedal is close to stock feel. The old act I had was super hard...if it's anything close to that, I'm good with it. The 3+ clutch is supposed to be pretty streetable with the holding power of stage5. So far, its been pretty smooth sailing. The only pain in the culo was getting that heavy biyoch up there and stabbing it. Hammering the tunnel was not so bad...it's the only time you can let out some anger on your car and not regret it.

Besides going MPI, this to me, is another of the greatest MODS to do on a SQ. I've stripped a few teeth off of 2nd gear in two trannies. I still have the 2nd one in the garage. I'm not sure if it was because the trannies were just old and fatigued or what, but both times it was during a heavy load. And believe me, I love my car so if it didn't want to slide right into gear while slamin' the gas peddle I wasn't trying to force it and damage something. I never have liked how it has always been a pain to get the car into 3rd gear when the RPM's are way up there. I know, some may say syncros wearing out, but I've been in a few SQ's and they all seemed to be kinda sticky getting into 3rd unless you give the car some time to line every thing up.

I've always thought the car needed a sixth gear cause 5th in the SQ tranny is just too steep.

I mean six speed tranny and MPI, c'mon...give it to me big dog!

That drive shaft is dead sexy! The only concern I have is of the aluminum crossmember. Will that thing hold up to heat vibrations and 500" ft lbs of torque?

Almost dont want to get it dirty under the car.

I actually bought a new tranny mount from summit that attached the tranny to the brace. I don't forsee any problems and being that this is still in the R&D stages, I'm not expecting anything.