T-56 speed conversion kit to be made

Chad

So that piece bolts to the rear pinion flange and the rear u-joint on the drive shaft. thats only 6 bolts. That should take all of 30 minutes to put in the car... by now you should be out cruising around. :twisted:

So that piece bolts to the rear pinion flange and the rear u-joint on the drive shaft. thats only 6 bolts. That should take all of 30 minutes to put in the car... by now you should be out cruising around. :twisted:

I'm waiting to get off work in 2 hours :twisted:

I hate to say it but you have more money in your trans and driveshaft then most guys spend on their total car. Not that 3k is alot for the parts you have I'm just making a point.

and thats what gives most starions a reputation for bad reliability :lol:

Naw, I spent 1k on a car, and had it run great for a year. It just looked like a piece of crap.

btw, I got to take a look in person at some of the plates and that 1350 rear yoke, looks very nice.

I also got to watch chad jump up and down on a prototype carbon fiber hood he had made - priceless :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
This is a very cool MOD. Expensive, buy very cool. I don't like the factory tranny. 5th gear is too steep. If there were 1 more gear, it would cruse so much better. Gosh....a 6-speed tranny in a 'Quest...that's just sick! By the time I get around to doing this, and if I still have this car at that time, I am going to do this, all the kinks in the swap should be worked out. By then it'll be a very well known MOD like going MPI...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i'm back in town and can say that the install is 99% complete. I just need to make a few adjustments and it should be good to go. i got to drive it in and out of my driveway the day before I left, then was gone for a month.

I should have some more news in the coming weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, i'm back in town and can say that the install is 99% complete. I just need to make a few adjustments and it should be good to go. i got to drive it in and out of my driveway the day before I left, then was gone for a month.

so any news?

so any news?

Nothing yet, I haven't had any free time since I got back. Hopefully I can get to it soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I do have some good news, my car drives again after ~2 1/2 years of down time. I had to swap in an SDS as the Haltech I put in was having problems. I havn't driven it down teh road yet, but I've moved it arround in my dirveway so I know all the parts are working correctly. I won't release any kits untill I know it's 100% road tested. I plan on runnign though the gears on a nice stright stretch later this week after I do some basic tuning :wink:

the problems Ivan is having are related to the clutch, I have a different clutch/flywheel and am not having the same problems so we need to fugure out where the difference lies, and what to do to fix it / prevent it. the last thing I want to do is recall something like this kit.

We are also working on some differnet hydrolic setups (options) , the current kit uses the stock master/slave and I must say, I love the way it feels with what I have currently. My plans are to swap out the cutch/flywheel I have now for the same one Ivan is using so we're going to figure it out either way.