Aussie MPI GP (latest from Glen)

chiplee

I received the following from Glen Today and still don't have updated email addresses for these individuals,

<conquest-starion@home.com>

<lenardg@hotmail.com>

<jangott@mediaone.net>

<jimbotsi@home.com>

<anointedone5@home.com>

<dekroon@lucent.com>

<gz21@excite.com>

<turbotripp@home.com>

so I'm posting it here.

Hey buddy.

iv sat down to reply to all the emails tonight but im just not going to have the time with all the paper work so ill just reply to u.. ensure everyone that i have there emails and will b replying very soon, im just realy bizy at the moment.

i had my car on the dyno but the turbo trims were to small and ran out of puff at about 4000 4500 rpm.. max power of 180hp at the wheels at 15psi at 4000rpm lol 140hp at 3000rpm.. not to bad but long way from what it will get.. i recived a new cam and turbo in the mail today and if i dont get 300+ RW HP somthing is very rong..  there are a number of cars geting over 300 rwhp with this cam and it is a cam that i will b ofering with the turne. the cam is $380 au.NEW not a regrind so it has the full size base circle etc..

so some time with in a week or 2 i will have that kit tuned and ready to go.. but not b4 i finish these manifolds..

cheers

Glen K

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chip thanks for heading up thae AU MPI GP.

Mine should be here soon. I am sure it will work out great. I have been in light contact with Glenn. He has been very busy from what I understand.

I would much rather wait an extra 2 months to get a good job vs a quick shoddy rush job.

Having the SDS in the box though, now that is rough. I hear voices coming from the SDS box calling for some sort of intake manifold....  :D

Thanks again for organizing the GP!

Mike K

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so how much$$ and when? eta? any flow data? i need one soon, that's what

f....... mitsu should've done in the first place with our cars-multiport, i bet anybody

who's got one ripps a..,  ;D, look at EIP's set up, pretty mean  ;D. rob NJ.

And to think I have 5 intakes ready for immediate shipment : )  

cool, do you have injectors pointing at valves as in Aussie MPI? plenum looks like it could be bigger(just my thoughts ;D), how much is Aussie and how much is yours?

($900?), any flow data? if things do not move with Aussie GP i will consider your

intake, anybody know price and flow data of EIP manifold? rob NJ.

A larger plenum would add lag and not improve flow  >:(  the plenum is 4" as is, that's larger than any OEM plenum on stock MPI cars.  

Did you know the injector placement on these aussie intakes and other OEM intakes were designed for emmisions, not performance?  putting the injector that close improves low RPM combustion, but hurts high RPM fuel atomization.    And yes, I can angle the injector, and will on future intakes, 40-45 degrees.

flow data?  does any one have flow data on a stock intake? EIP's intake? TEP's intake? CNM's intake? Glens intake?  NO.  Why do people keep asking why I have no flow data when no one else does either  ???  They look at EIP's intake and see that it's a vast improvement, then look at mine and say" how do you know it works?"  I still don't understand...

Glens price $350 (?)

my price $900 with new TB and fully stock compatable with velocity stacks and stock T-stat

TEP's price ~$1000 and it's just a  modified stock intake

EIP's price ~$1100 > no compatability with the distributor / AC and no t-stat

CNM's I recall being about ~$1200, and we all know about CNM...

Sorry Rob, this is not pointed at you, rather I had an "episode" on Trances board where I got flamed for not having all these expensive tests done to my intake, I'm still a little touchy : )

How about a modified stock intake with 2 injectors on the Y  that comes down from the throttle body, this way we only need 2 first gen eclipse injectors and extra injector controller and not a whole stand alone system.

Just a thought, I think all your intakes a cool, Iam just on a budget.

• 3 weeks later...
Does that thing fit under the hood?

Tim C.

I don't have the manifold in hand but I figure if we can run a 2.25" OVP and squeeze all that under the hood I don't think the Magna manifold by looks would sit any higher than that.

You got it Shawn those are thermo housing and TB flanges for future intakes. Good eye!

all i need is a manifold... junkyard for the rest... but i have no money for that right now

between hood... now another top end rebuild and goin to cali... prolly not til late summer... but i might be buying a second car before i think about mpfi :/

the eclipse ECU would require you to use a DIS setup, and the cam angle sensor (which wont work on our setup).

Maybe you could somehow retro fit it, but its gonna be a tough setup. The DIS conversion isn't the hard part, its getting a matching signal to the DSM CAS that will be the big deal.

Joel