Wiper Fluid Cap

10 hours ago, techboy said:

I can probably make one pretty easy. Although I am in the middle of 2 projects for BKB94 right now. Let me take a peek at it.

Thanks. It's months from being needed so I'm in no hurry. Can you 3D print wiper cowls too?  😁 They seem ok now, but apparently are prone to breaking.

3 hours ago, nc_beagle said:

Thanks. It's months from being needed so I'm in no hurry. Can you 3D print wiper cowls too?  😁 They seem ok now, but apparently are prone to breaking.

I don't think anyone can 3D print wiper cowls.  You would have to have  a machine with a really large base plate.  Most of the largest 3D printers I've seen are 18" beds.  I have 5 machines at my disposal, and I think the largest bed is 12 inches wide.   Wiper cowls need to be injection molded by a plastics company.  Tux is right ... Motocam and MKS both have them.  If you need them, I'd jump on them b/c you never know how many they have left and that's usually and item that needs to be batch ordered. 

Thanks all. On the wiper cowls, any thoughts on how to visually restore them? Meaning they've faded a bit. Is it better to try to repaint them (removing them first) or use one of the many plastic restore products?

I repainted mine with Dupicolor black trim and bumper cover paint. I've used it a bunch of times on various things and it's always worked pretty well. 

• Like 1