Payment for used parts

pcristquester

Most of you know that I closed the machine shop in October 2020.   Still in process of dissolving the coproration,  The parts sales all ran thru my machine shop parts department.   Wife and I have been kicking around starting up again just selling Quest parts and even spoke with the Attorney handling the corporation  closing.   It appears that it  may cost about $500.00 to get set up  to buy and sell legit.  I still have my supplier contacts  but of course need a vendors license, federal tax id  etc   The new IRS regulations are pushing us this direction.    There really isn't a lot of income derived from selling Quest parts, but the new regs are forcing people to not fly under the radar.

I'll keep you all posted.    In the meantime  I need to come up with a name.....  Suggestions?

Dad

11 hours ago, Dad said:

Most of you know that I closed the machine shop in October 2020.   Still in process of dissolving the coproration,  The parts sales all ran thru my machine shop parts department.   Wife and I have been kicking around starting up again just selling Quest parts and even spoke with the Attorney handling the corporation  closing.   It appears that it  may cost about $500.00 to get set up  to buy and sell legit.  I still have my supplier contacts  but of course need a vendors license, federal tax id  etc   The new IRS regulations are pushing us this direction.    There really isn't a lot of income derived from selling Quest parts, but the new regs are forcing people to not fly under the radar.

I'll keep you all posted.    In the meantime  I need to come up with a name.....  Suggestions?

Dad

Starquest Gains 

20 hours ago, Dad said:

In the meantime  I need to come up with a name.....  Suggestions?

I think the name "Dad" still has so much good credibility from years in the Starquest community, I'd go with something like "Dad's Starquest Parts".