ECU Reflashing?

Martsubishi10

Howdy!

This is unrelated, but I have the new Chevy Cruze Diesel. I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction. I am trying to find someone who can bench flash my ECU to remove the restrictive DPF and urea system. I want this car for longevity, and I can't be burdened with a clogged up dpf later when it's out of warranty. Does anyone know who does this kind of tuning? I have a Bosch E47b ECU I have been told this box has encryption to counter reading out all of the data. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Dude you cannot reflash to remove the DPF stuff. I work for GM. The diesel exhaust fluid is to help with emissions and fuel economy.

Not to mention warranty reasons as well. There are numerous occasions where we have to reprogram a ecu through the GM TIS2Web system with updated software for emissions, diagnostic help, etc. If you "reflash" it GM will eventually find out when you need to have a recall done.

The DPF stuff also has its own separate tank, pump, lines, module and harness. New GM modules all communicate with each other. They even have seperate computers for the fuel pump, door switches, you name it there is a module for it. Remove one and it can cause big problems across the board

Edited by Turbo Cary
  • Like 1

Dude you cannot reflash to remove the DPF stuff. I work for GM. The diesel exhaust fluid is to help with emissions and fuel economy.

Not to mention warranty reasons as well. There are numerous occasions where we have to reprogram a ecu through the GM TIS2Web system with updated software for emissions, diagnostic help, etc. If you "reflash" it GM will eventually find out when you need to have a recall done.

The DPF stuff also has its own separate tank, pump, lines, module and harness. New GM modules all communicate with each other. They even have seperate computers for the fuel pump, door switches, you name it there is a module for it. Remove one and it can cause big problems across the board

It's good to talk to someone who's familiar with this. I'm very aware of its integration with the ECM Tables. I know better than to fool with sensors. I believe GM made an error fitting this car with Urea injection. It is a rather small displacement diesel. The folks in Europe are doing great with their Holden Cruze running just a dpf. I have 10k on this car, and it has already had a NOX Sensor go bad. Just for the record this is not a short trip car either.

a member posted about Cruzetalk forum. Lol they are beyond lame. That is probably the most boring useless forum I've ever joined. Their technical discussion is the online equivalent of your owners manual troubleshooting section. Thanks for the info guys! I expected to get lambasted for posting questions about a different car here, but I know there's a lot of experience here!

GM didn't really make an error fitting it with the DEF system. It is more or less required for it to meet emissions standards.

I'm not saying don't do it, just don't do it right now. Also by the time your warranty is up I am sure the cost of replacement parts will go down. For what it's worth you could have bought a regular turbo cruze or spark. I hear there are some people making decent power out of that tiny engine.

GM didn't really make an error fitting it with the DEF system. It is more or less required for it to meet emissions standards.

I'm not saying don't do it, just don't do it right now. Also by the time your warranty is up I am sure the cost of replacement parts will go down. For what it's worth you could have bought a regular turbo cruze or spark. I hear there are some people making decent power out of that tiny engine.

stock diesel runs circles around the gas cruzes.

even after the 10 second max power limit lol