California: Stupidity Reaches An All Time High!.

Just the last nail in the coffin. It's already nearly impossible to get a concealed carry permit in CA.

Its dangerous waters they treading on. This is how they slowly start to strip us of our rights.

The government has been slowly stripping away our rights for over a century. The public has let them get so powerful they can do whatever they want.

The US supreme court has upheld that the constitution is the highest law in the land. No law is valid if it limits the constitution. The way the constitution and bill of rights are written is to protect your inalienable or god given human rights. The constitution doesn't grant rights, it's there to protect them. Your second amendment rights read, your right to bear arms shall not be infringed. Period. So almost all the gun laws are un-constitutional. But the government has gotten so big and powerful that fighting those gun laws is almost impossible. Not to mention all the gun hating people who will rally for limiting your right to bear arms.

Some people use the argument that our fore fathers wrote the second amendment before machine guns etc therefore it doesn't cover modern weapons. That argument is total BS. Our fore fathers used weapons of the day to fight an oppressive government. They would not argue for a modern militia to use flintlocks to defend against modern weapons. That would be suicide.

• Like 1

I would like the statistic from the last 5 or 10 years of all the mass shootings weather the shooter actually had a permit or not. If it was a pistol or rifle.

That would open my eyes for sure.

Your eyes should be open already. You really think any mass shootings were carried out by CC permit holders???

In LA county you haven't been able to get a CC permit for almost two decades. That is unless you are ex cop or rich. The sheriff isn't signing off on any permits for regular people.

Sure glad I live in a free state and not the Peoples Republic of California.

People like to make that comment alot. But they don't realize their rights are impacted as well. It's just a matter of time before gun laws in your state get stricter.

Ucw you are correct about the forefathers.

Keep in mind that the weaponry the government has access to is at least 5-10 years past what we can get.

We are outgunned as it is if it came to a fire fight between civilians and military. The government taking our guns away just ensures less casualties on their end.

People like to make that comment alot. But they don't realize their rights are impacted as well. It's just a matter of time before gun laws in your state get stricter.

Yes, this. We live in the same country. Its only a matter time before certain laws and regulations spread elsewhere.

Look at so called "medical marijuana". Now its sold as recreational in other states. At one point people just shrugged it off as "them hippie Californian liberals".

Edited by louswheel

The culprit in all these shootings is,has and always will be mental health. You can't legislate it away. People as a general rule don't apply logic and take care of the real problem. Getting "rid" of guns is an easy escape to a truly difficult problem with no easy solutions.

Mental illlness is one thing, just plain evil is another. And its hard to gauge if these mass shootings that are publicized and sensationalized by news media and social networks are from mentally ill folk or just plain evil mofos.

I don't see "modern" socitey evolving for the better. It seems that human beings, without moral restraints will inherently gravitate towards darkness, towards evil.

We have removed God from "modern times" because its politically incorrect and blah blah blah. Christians are shamed and hated for their beliefs. But if people followed the teachings of Jesus Christ, the core foundations behind his teachings, to love one another, including our enemies, the world would be a better place.

But as people we are flawed. There will always be deviant behavior.

That was probably some of the stupidest " thoughts and opinions" concerning firearm ownership in the USA, that I have ever had the misfortune of hearing. The only rational thought expressed throughout that moronic banter was, "guns locked inside a safe are not useful for protection". I would love to have a conversation with that fellow and debate point for point his nonsense.

BC_99

Edited by BC_99

these stupid people think they can take guns away.

I can make a gun with supplies from ace hardware....instead of calling it a gun...i'll label it the ''nug'' and sell the crap out of them :D

Who in there right mind would ever want to disarm America....after going all over the world with our guns pointed at other people.

I wish my kids could take a gun to school to protect themselves....they are more responsible then most adults these days!

Edited by freebird

The culprit in all these shootings is,has and always will be mental health. You can't legislate it away. People as a general rule don't apply logic and take care of the real problem. Getting "rid" of guns is an easy escape to a truly difficult problem with no easy solutions.

(This)

yep. mental illness. just look up mass shootings and see how many of the shooters were on some sort of psycoactive drug.

then look up the side effects of said drugs.

guns dont kill people.

people kill people.

Edited by 87redcat

I thought political threads were no longer allowed. I'm sure I agree with much of what was posted and some I would have a different take on - as I only skimmed it. But it reads like a political thread to me.

:)

I thought political threads were no longer allowed. I'm sure I agree with much of what was posted and some I would have a different take on - as I only skimmed it. But it reads like a political thread to me.

:)

Sort of but not really. It's a thread about a dumb law.

Political debate threads were the ones that usually ended up being one big argument. While they aren't really banned mods have asked members not to start them because they usually don't end well.