Radiator/fan options

vbrad511

So wire tap the CX fans to the harness that plugs into the bottom of the radiator?

Just splice into the wires at the two plugs that connect to the stock fans that are held at the top of the shroud, or cut the plugs off the stock fans and solder them to the new ones. The wires at the bottom (sensor wires) are pre-relay, the ones that connect to the fans are after the relay and supply the power.

Edited by Fuze

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Been a while since I was on this thread, but got my radiator, bungs in, brackets for fans on, and it'll either go in tomorrow or next weekend. I know I've seen a post about the hoses needed, but sure can't find it now. What do I need?

i got that and it is great.

i got the fan shroud that goes with it. fits good minor mode like opening the bolt on holes a little

but the fans are under powered. i will be buying stronger fans for sure.

i feel the shroud retains the heat rather then keeping the car cool. once the fans kick on

the car cools so fast real fast amazingly fast. just the shroud retains the heat like a pocket of hot air.

cruising down the express way it is fine fans are off. but city driving the shroud retains the heat like a pocket of hot air.

LOL

2 dual speed fans would probably be best if using the shroud.

I got the 2 row. Been juggling a few projects lately, in addition to a work schedule that doesn't give me much free time (with any motivation to do anything but sleep), so it's been a slow process, but got back on it today. I've done things a bit differently than most would, and I've taken some pics along the way I'll get posted when I know it's all gonna work out ok.

some thing I did learn about radiators and cooling ,while playing with my old Blk truck, adding oil to the engine works better then a larger radiator ,adding a larger oil cooler worked super , during a 1/4 mile run the engine would not climb more then 10-15 f , and be back to 176f bout 1/2 way down the return

changing oil including cooler it held slightly over 8 qt

Edited by Shelby

The main thing you need to know is there is info out there that says oil needs to be about 212 or higher to run good. Too low and it can ware out the engine rings and bearings and such faster if it is too cold.

http://www.maperformance.com/images/magictoolbox_cache/8a5b5c23bc6b1e9cbba52829116c6900/2/0/20010/thumb600x308/570801723/S_3594.jpg

Its the same oil for both versions or so the napa salesperson said when i called a few days ago. Also did some research and napa carries 2 versions of the oil coolers regular (roughly same size as our stock) and a heavy duty version about an inch thinker

carquest carries them as well, they are actually listed as trans/oil cooler. if you wanted a nice oil cooler i can get OE style that is double pass, and up to the size of a truck radiator lol, but you are looking at the cost of a new motor lol