complete MPI manifold, custom aluminum with TB $400 shipped, obo

randomguy

^^^ That's why it looked off^^^

and what IS under that cardboard???

Edited by 87redcat

Yes injectors are on the bottom of that intake. I've seen more than one MPI setup that way. Makes them hard to service that way.

My concern is the poor atomization of the fuel by spraying it against the roof of the port instead of towards the valve along with the incoming air stream.

My concern is the poor atomization of the fuel by spraying it against the roof of the port instead of towards the valve along with the incoming air stream.

That's one thing I like about the magna manifold vs alot of custom made manifolds I've seen. On the magna the injectors are aimed at the intake valves. Aimed at the valves is best, but it will also work fine when not aimed at the valves.

Also with the injectors upside down any air bubbles that flow through the fuel line will likely pass through the injector. With the fuel rail on top, bubbles usually pass through to the return line. But that's not normally an issue unless you are cornering hard on less than 1/4 tank. And realisticly even with the rail on top when the fuel pump sucks air you lose pressure and engine power for a few seconds.

My opinion is this,

Is this manifold built the way I would want mine built, no. Will this manifold work just fine on a MPI setup, probably.