I have cancer , i also have friends

Shelby

I have more then likely put to gather more odd ball swaps big engine to little cars, then any man in

here I have been doing it since I was 12 years old ;)

in fact that's how I found Rydlers site in the first place , I put an 83 Starion engine and fuel

system and turbo into a mighty max truck , and it was running before I got here , but I had a few

questions ,,turn'd out to be best internet search I ever did .

any way the point I want to make is Taz must have got me mix'd up with some one else , or some one was using my screen name , cause running you and you car down cause it had a v8 in it would for sure not be me , man I hope I get to see it in person oh you to lol

Ahh, memories, Rydler's site, that was the dial-up internet days, lol, long time ago it seems. Hope you beat it Shelby. Please watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ZU0GSoeo8

Oh man, I hate to hear this. You know we're with you and by your side 100%!

It's people like you and JAinsworth that shaped up a young whippersnapper like me back in the day :)

Nothing like meeting me in a church parking lot where you weren't welcome at...not very christian of that preacher.....He got the donut around him as we were leaving :)\

Jimmy

how'd a fat old man like you catch such a super looking lady like that

man I'm gona have a hard time going to sleep to nite , nerves are starting to get to me , :) where's my valium lol

awwwww. Don't be worried we got the flying down pat now. Hope you checked all the new rules on flying though. and YOU CAN'T SMOKE ON THE PLAINS ANY MORE ;) And no hitting on your in flight cabin attendants... there also not Stewartes anymore. You will do fine and hope you have the time of a lifetime.

how'd a fat old man like you catch such a super looking lady like that

man I'm gona have a hard time going to sleep to nite , nerves are starting to get to me , :) where's my valium lol

Lol, I used to weigh 175 and was very active in competitive softball. She doesn't just love me for my looks....obviously. :)

Jimmy

Lol, I used to weigh 175 and was very active in competitive softball. She doesn't just love me for my looks....obviously. :)

Jimmy

guess she loves you for being the wonderful man we all know and love , oh and I carried 178 up to my 30th b-day , even at 225 I used to walk 10 -15 miles a day during hunting season and think nothing of it , now 100 ft hurts :)

• 1 month later...

well have 5 treatments done and like they said they make you feel run down , any more run down and I'd be bed riden lol

raining like cats and dogs for the last few days yesterday my alt died , on a caravan that's no fun job got her back to gather lol and 2 miles down the road the fan belt junped off and the wipers broke

took both blades out , been a fun day to say the least ;)

could not get a 120 amp , so had to go with a 90 amp , till I get a brush holder ordered in for my old 120 amp alt

Edited by Shelby

well have 5 treatments done and like they said they make you feel run down , any more run down and I'd be bed riden lol

raining like cats and dogs for the last few days yesterday my alt died , on a caravan that's no fun job got her back to gather lol and 2 miles down the road the fan belt junped off and the wipers broke

took both blades out , been a fun day to say the least ;)

could not get a 120 amp , so had to go with a 90 amp , till I get a brush holder ordered in for my old 120 amp alt

Man what a day. Hope you get some rest now during these treatments.

• Like 1

Ya Shelby. Rest and good meals are real important. Keep your chin up. your stubborn enough to fight like hell.

that's good cause I'm back in the hospital again , just as I told the doc I would be , this time it was a bad day ,

104 fever , sweats , chills and disorientation along with bad weakness ,yep another ambulance ride

now I have pneumonia in both lungs , brought on by this radiation treatments

As hard as this may be to do, you need to stop all the stuff you normally do while you are going through cemo treatment. You are really vulnerable to infections after the treatments. No fishing, fixing cars or anything else. I know it sucks but you have to do it. Bed rest, good meals and TV are what you need till the treatments are over.

well Jeff when you have no money and it's the only transportation you have , you do what ever you have to do

anyway it would make no diff what I was doing , it's the lack of antibiotics that caused this same as the last 4 times

You fix your families cars, it's time they repaid the favor.

Antibiotics work with your immune system. Cemo fries your immune system. So after cemo antibiotics are little help. You HAVE to reduce your exposure to infections if you want to survive.

Hi, Shelby... Sorry I haven't seen this thread before today. I'm a newbie to the club and I'm also a stage 4 lymphoma survivor. You are certainly in my most heart-felt prayers and if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know and I will try my best. Hit me off of the site if you'd like. My email address is: benjhe.b@gmail.com. Hang in there, brother.

Shelby, I wish you the best in the coming months and I hope your treatments allow you the most time possible with your [big] family. Thank you for all the knowledge and teaching you've done for so many members on this and other sites and for the Starquest community in general. You allowed others to have confidence in their skills and not be afraid to dive and fix a problem that would otherwise mean the end of a car. Thank you for your advice and helping me keep my car on the road in the past, I'll never forget it.

What is stage 4?

My dad had cancer - he's 72 this year, chemotherapy removed the cancer this year and he's doing amazingly well now, like he never had it.

It's a massive *********, especially when it happens to you or your loved ones. Every day when there's no bad news is a good one.

:) :)

What is stage 4?

My dad had cancer - he's 72 this year, chemotherapy removed the cancer this year and he's doing amazingly well now, like he never had it.

It's a massive *********, especially when it happens to you or your loved ones. Every day when there's no bad news is a good one.

:) :)

Happy to hear your dad is doing well after chemo. That's fantastic news any day of the week. Most cancers are "staged" based on the symptoms to determine how far the disease has spread and the likelihood of recovery with specific treatment approaches. Stage 1 would be the best scenario for anyone to catch the cancer in. It progresses to 2 and 3, then to stage 4 which is always a very high risk situation. Some cancers are not treatable once they reach stage 4. I was very fortunate and I am extremely thankful to be here raising my two boys - my oldest, now 9, was born right in the middle of my eight months of chemo treatments. Every day is a blessing and I'm sure you understand that being able to enjoy time with your dad after such a devastating time. Very happy for you.