HA told you all the FRS BRZ was DOOMED to SUCK

jszucs

I'm just mad that I wanted to love it and had high hopes that they just utterly let down the first time I drove one.

The quest has not disapointed, and for 1/4th of the price.

Edited by jszucs

It's no surprise items/products don't sell like they used to. These cars, i'm guessing, are marketed towards the younger generation. The same generation that graduates college with 20-40K in debt on top of struggling to pay for every day items (rent/mortgage/insurance/food/gas etc.). I get that these cars and reasonably priced compared to most cars out there, but it's no wonder people don't purchase cars like they used to. Compare numbers of cars sold today to the number of Edsels sold. We all know Edsel was a huge flop, yet the number of those units sold are way greater than anything in this day and age.

^ that and the flim flam flip floping with the cars. If you want the car to be a "sports" car make it one and stick to your guns 0 focus on MPG 0 focus on comfort ect. If you want it to be a total blend car make it the best it can be all around in every factor. In the recent past (like when the BRZ started) it didn't fell put together it felt like things were just cram fit after thoughts and they canged there minds like 50 times along the way. Why did they even put a back seat in it the thing for example? You can't get a car seat in an out, you can't sit anyone back there. Same thing with the eclips even if you were short and tiny you still have to sit sideways in the back seat.

Then there is the marketing..... it's like they are not even selling the same thing they are marketing. It's worse then kids toy commericals showing the action figures moving and talking, then you get one and they do nothing.

vws are better anyways.

ha

Other then there needyness.... yes. They have there act together now, and have a nice fit and finish. Stuff does not look and feel like it's half hazordly put together as long as you buy a real German made one. The Mex and other made one's are utter crap.

Nor did I see the BRZ motor on the top motors list of the last 30 years.

Edited by jszucs

I believe rear seats might have been added for insurance purposes.

The 2 seater 4 seater insurance thing has become totally neglagable. They base it mainly off stats now. Look at the EVO and STI's they got rear seats and you pay more then a true "sports car 2 seater" because people have been wrecking them left and right.

And if they were they were added as an after though as they flim flammed back and forth with where they were going.

The 2 seater 4 seater insurance thing has become totally neglagable. They base it mainly off stats now. Look at the EVO and STI's they got rear seats and you pay more then a true "sports car 2 seater" because people have been wrecking them left and right.

Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that insurance companies charge more for 2 seaters. Call your insurance for a quote on a 93 300ZX coupe, then ask them how much for a 2+2. Coupe will be more... might be a little might be a lot. My insurance company wants 1/3 more for the coupe.

Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that insurance companies charge more for 2 seaters. Call your insurance for a quote on a 93 300ZX coupe, then ask them how much for a 2+2. Coupe will be more... might be a little might be a lot. My insurance company wants 1/3 more for the coupe.

I can get full covrage on a Z06 for cheep (under a G a year) so the old Z didn't even phase them.

Its a great platform. Stop being such a hater. I think you hate them cause you secretly want one.

I just said above I did want one..... and I really did. I think the motor design is a great idea. It's margenal for a street car for the low mounting. I have love for subis too (my girl is on #3) and they are easy to work on, well made for the most part good cars. Beleive me I really wanted it to be my next car. I drove it and was like um this sucks it's slower then my 4cyl truck. Then I looked at the price tag and was like H no not for that. Then look at the upgrades for it, what they cost and how little you get out of them. 4K to gain 60 horse.... COME ON that is pethetic. Then you have to majorly upgrade, fuel system, suspension, rims and tires. and O yeah it's a brand new hybrid fuel system that noone had really played with yet.

I'm not saying other cars didn't have there shortcomming too...... wanted to LOVE the new camaro, even had the paperwork infront of me, made them hunt down a sinergy green one that NEVER had strips (very very very rare almost every single sinergy green came factory stripped) Then I saw the payment.... No way am I going to pay you 500 a month for that cheap plastic interior or for the amount of orange peal in the paint. Then I looked out the window and saw a sales guy sitting on the bed of my turck and thigns quickly degraded to almost a fist fight.

Maybe if the FRS had more than 0 horsepower then people would be buying them.

When it's starting at $26,000 for 200hp who is going to buy one when a 370z is 130 more horspower for $29,000?

Even the WRX is the same price...

Edited by leesfer

Maybe if the FRS had more than 0 horsepower then people would be buying them.

When it's starting at $26,000 for 200hp who is going to buy one when a 370z is 130 more horspower for $29,000?

YES THANK YOU!!!!!!!! and the 370 is WAY MORE of a sprots car.

I agree.

IMO Those cars are a waste of time/money. If Toyota was smart they would have done what Hyundai did and put a 275hp turbo 4 banger in a light coupe. seem like that's all the frs/brz needs.

To leave them in their current state would mean they should have come out 10 years go to bite into the s2k sales.

TOO LITTLE TOO LATE!!

I can get full covrage on a Z06 for cheep (under a G a year) so the old Z didn't even phase them.

Good for you... when I was in my early 20's and had some tickets on my record, I was paying just as much EVERY 6 MONTHS for full coverage on a 10 year old GTI. The cost difference may be negligible for you, but not the young, go-fast generation they market these cars too. That's my point... They market a car with higher insurance rates to a group of people who have the highest rates around, and may not be able to afford it.

• Like 1

I agree.

IMO Those cars are a waste of time/money. If Toyota was smart they would have done what Hyundai did and put a 275hp turbo 4 banger in a light coupe. seem like that's all the frs/brz needs.

To leave them in their current state would mean they should have come out 10 years go to bite into the s2k sales.

TOO LITTLE TOO LATE!!

I think you were thinking of the V6. The turbo's on the turbo variant are smaller than a 12a...

Edited by Fanta

I can't explain exactly why, but I don't like them. I wanted to. I was excited about the development hype. I was excited about the prototype. Then they produced what they produced...and I just didn't like them.

Reminds of when Mitsu showed the concept for the 3G eclipse (called the SST) back in 1998...it had some great pinnings and some talk about a bumped up 4G63...and had me excited to see the next gen come out. I went to the '98 car show and saw this...

http://www.carstyling.ru/resources/concept/1998_Mitsubishi_SST_Concept_03.jpg

http://www.carstyling.ru/resources/concept/1998_Mitsubishi_SST_Concept_04.jpg

Then they went out and laid a giant turd with no turbo variant that looked like this...

http://media.ed.edmunds-media.com/mitsubishi/eclipse/2003/oem/2003_mitsubishi_eclipse_2dr-hatchback_gts_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

It was this move that actually led me away from Mitsu for a while and straight to, dare I say, Honda (as in Honda S2000). I finally figured the only way I was ever going to have a cool Mitsu again was to go back in time and get a StarQuest...cause Mitsu sure wasn't going in the right direction.

Again, THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN: http://www.starquest...howtopic=141529

Edited by NikoFab

The corvette is an exception when it comes to insurance. The avg demographic of the insured is something like 55yrs old, 85k+ annual income, and like 700+ credit score. I read it somewhere in an article on fastest cars with low insurance.

I think you were thinking of the V6. The turbo's on the turbo variant are smaller than a 12a...

the v6 make 348 hp

the turbo4 makes 274hp.

http://autos.aol.com...upe-2013/specs/

frs/brz should have had that today.

I would have gotten one by now.

I really wanted to like those cars

Edited by lionbull

I see them everywhere around here in southern New England. But someone stated they are aimed at the yutes and they yutes right now are hurting more than any other demographic last I checked. Graduate college with $30k to $50k debt, when did you last go to college? :wacko: There are many cars that are pretty good and don't sell as well as cars that could be so much better with a few tweaks. Point in fact GM offered performance suspension bolt-ons like bigger sway bars, lower and stiffer springs, boxed trailing arms and strut tower braces that absolutely transformed the 97 - 03 W-body (Grand Prix). If they had just made the top of the line GTP come with these parts installed from the factory the Grand Prix would have a reputation as a very good "sports" sedan.

^ that and the flim flam flip floping with the cars. If you want the car to be a "sports" car make it one and stick to your guns 0 focus on MPG 0 focus on comfort ect. If you want it to be a total blend car make it the best it can be all around in every factor. In the recent past (like when the BRZ started) it didn't fell put together it felt like things were just cram fit after thoughts and they canged there minds like 50 times along the way. Why did they even put a back seat in it the thing for example? You can't get a car seat in an out, you can't sit anyone back there. Same thing with the eclips even if you were short and tiny you still have to sit sideways in the back seat.

Then there is the marketing..... it's like they are not even selling the same thing they are marketing. It's worse then kids toy commericals showing the action figures moving and talking, then you get one and they do nothing.

And if they were they were added as an after though as they flim flammed back and forth with where they were going.

Except there are laws regarding that and making cars crappy on gas. Also various taxes. Its not that simple. Back seat is for insurance purposes. For example its dirt cheap to insure a rx-8 because its a technically a 4 door, its not as stats based as you might think.

Edited by Starion86ESI