About To Go Postal On USPS

NikoFab

Sorry to hear you lost that kind of money Nick, i consider it criminal considering the packages never got sent so you should have a legit claim. Gives more reason not to use USPS,since ive always had the best luck with Fed-Ex ill stick with them.

I too am done with USPS , my issue is no where as bad as Nicks but still a chronic pain in the culo and a problem i can rectify , all i can say peeps is use Fed-ex especially for larger items and if you do have to use USPS Priority boxes don't even go over 1mm in size , their slogan "if it fits it ships" is not quite accurate !

I can't believe they want to keep your money on that. Not that I think you aren't telling the truth. They're simply wrong. You should be able to elevate this without a lawyer or a letter.

Odd thing is, that Intl shipping rates differ greatly between the commercial and usps depending on where it's going. I have found UPS to be as good as USPS to Australia for example.

USPS hands off Intl packages to another carrier usually Fedex.

I always check them all and go USPS only if it is substantially better or the service isn't available from others.

USPS just ruined a H/O alternator I sent out. When it arrived, the box, including the wooden support structure I built inside the box, were completely destroyed. The plastic housing on the alternator was cracked, the stud for the wire connection was bent, the lip on the pulley was bent. I got insurance on it, but theyre telling me they arent responsible for it, that it was shipped in the condition. Box and all. They have been nothing but BS for me. I cant even imagine what your going through with the internationl shipping and the lost money. Its crazy for sure.

Sounds like a person at the post office screwed up. Especially since you have shipped before. If you do it online and enter the dimensions and print off your paypal you will have better luck. The person you called probably was not really paying attention or entered stuff wrong. Edited by JohnnyWadd

Got your text Ronnie. I do have accounts with both FedEx and UPS, but for international they've always been more expensive than USPS

If you got a biz use DHL for international.... think that is all they do. When people had access to them they were competivve prices and always took the best care of my packages...... sad to see them go biz and international only.

bad publicity. see if one of the local news stations has a reporter that does stories like this. that usually gets it cleared up real fast when the cameras show up at the place of business...

The other crazy part of it is that it took them two days to call me and let me know. I dropped them on Monday. Got the call on Wednesday.

You're dealing with a government beuracracy where no one employee gives a $*#%, there are no consequences when people complain, customer service is crap to non existant and in the end they still keep their jobs. If I gave my customer crappy customer service, I would be out of business. But they are "the man" and face no such consequences, they can just keep taking our tax dollars.

I'd call your state representative about the matter. It may help your cause.

You know you should look up your post master general and call them about it.

Should have just dented in a side and said there it's under the cubes

Edited by jszucs

I hate reading this, really feel for you Nick. It super sucks because its often way easier to find a part I'm looking for over there, rather than locally!

I've used a freight forwarding company before to get heavier stuff sent over, it was far far easier and cheaper, however took a couple of months. I wonder if something similar could be done to Australia?

I've had a similar problem recently, sent some side trim pieces to a member on here via my work, as I've done heaps of times before. Measured them up, added a little to each measurement ot be sure, weighed the item, added a little to make sure... Called the freight company and booked pickup, gave them my debit card number, told them the measurements and weight... no worries right? Nope, they picked it up, then returned it TWO WEEKS later saying it couldnt be shipped. f*** that. Atleast they didnt charge me though.

I'd call your state representative about the matter. It may help your cause.

I was going to say the same thing. Getting the bureaucracy past a brainfart is one of the few things congressmen are good for. Play up the small businessman angle, they'll eat it up.

Edited by MikeMeyerhoff

Sorry to hear you lost that kind of money Nick, i consider it criminal considering the packages never got sent so you should have a legit claim. Gives more reason not to use USPS,since ive always had the best luck with Fed-Ex ill stick with them.

One would think this criminal wouldn't they? Ridiculous I tell you.

And FedEx has ALWAYS done me right...they're just more expensive for international.

Edited by NikoFab

I too am done with USPS , my issue is no where as bad as Nicks but still a chronic pain in the culo and a problem i can rectify , all i can say peeps is use Fed-ex especially for larger items and if you do have to use USPS Priority boxes don't even go over 1mm in size , their slogan "if it fits it ships" is not quite accurate !

If it fits....lol

USPS just ruined a H/O alternator I sent out. When it arrived, the box, including the wooden support structure I built inside the box, were completely destroyed. The plastic housing on the alternator was cracked, the stud for the wire connection was bent, the lip on the pulley was bent. I got insurance on it, but theyre telling me they arent responsible for it, that it was shipped in the condition. Box and all. They have been nothing but BS for me. I cant even imagine what your going through with the internationl shipping and the lost money. Its crazy for sure.

Dude that sucks. I can say that at least they didn't damage them...thank God. So I at least still have good product to ship to the guys.

If you got a biz use DHL for international.... think that is all they do. When people had access to them they were competivve prices and always took the best care of my packages...... sad to see them go biz and international only.

Now that's an idea...at least for the international stuff. I'll look into them. Thanks for reminding me they're still around.

bad publicity. see if one of the local news stations has a reporter that does stories like this. that usually gets it cleared up real fast when the cameras show up at the place of business...

I should call the guy who does restaurant inspection reviews...he's hilarious. Maybe we can serve them a citation for their vending machines.