Brrrrrrr

vbrad511

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternator went out on my Trailblazer at my daughters dance class, guess who the lucky guy is that gets to swap in a new one in their parking lot tomorrow in 6 degree temps.

This guy! :(

-N8

Sucks hope you read this. Get some large boxex (ask at appliance place even Kmarts are selling appliances now ect and take duct tape. Make yourself a wind shelter, Just tape them up to the hood and under car area. You will not believe what a help it is.

woke up to -11 going as low as -30 with windchill.

Edited by jszucs

-6 here this morning! Conquest starts right up! Although mine isn't at all stock, stock 1jz lol! My only issue is that at these cooler temps my intercooler works a little too well and I'm getting boost creep followed by fuel cut. Seems like the perfect temp for my car is around 45, doesn't really matter too much anyways as with cool asphault/tires first 3 gears are pretty useless!

I did see something (I think because of the cold) I have never seen before in my life. Tried to get a pic of it but it did not snow in the pic. It was like a straight up and down verticle rainbow. You could see where it was just like a very low formed cloud due to the cold and the setting sun shining though it caused a rainbow effect. Was pretty cool. Edited by jszucs

58 here now,..... I'm cold. You know us so cal peeps have nothing resembling cold weather gear.

Ha it finaly got cold enough here -10 for me to get out the real cold rated gear. Grabed my -30 rated jacket this morning on the way to work.

tell me about it...it's confusing me

Hahahaha i sent it all down to you guys, i ran out of room to push all that snow. plus i took a log of trying to strt my car last night for scott to see, just for fun. i could not get it to start. coolant temp showed -14 lol.

Edited by wrngwae

I've got a couple light jackets and some sweatshirts. No long johns, no warm socks, no warm boots one wool cap. If I was in cold temps like you guys are I would be freezing my arse off.

It's cold enough some places if you were exposed to the windchill -30 here you could pass out and die in a short time

I've got a couple light jackets and some sweatshirts. No long johns, no warm socks, no warm boots one wool cap. If I was in cold temps like you guys are I would be freezing my arse off.

I'm glad I kept all my winter gear from MI. For once I can wear it down here without being looked at like I'm crazy... now they look at me all jealous-like.

I'm glad I kept all my winter gear from MI. For once I can wear it down here without being looked at like I'm crazy... now they look at me all jealous-like.

You might have a money making idea there..... next time you see a major cold snap comming have the fam ship you so winterware..... or head home and go shoping after winter ends and get all the 80% off stuff to sell next cold snap ;)

we got up to 7* this a.m. petty damned cold for us here in ga. high today was only like 26 according to news. tomorrow we are supposed to be like 46*.

I took the opportunity to take a ay off. I work in a big arse shop. and there isn't much heating it when its this cold.

It's times like this when I like my old 91 toyota truck. The heater is incredible. It get so hot it can almost burn your hand if you held it against the vent. Takes a minute to warm up and after 10 minutes you're rolling down the windows because it's too damn hot. Love that freaking truck. AC is the same way in summer, freezes you out of the truck.

Moved to Florida to be done with the Wisconsin cold winters,dont miss the -20s and -30s, but not digging this cold front down here last couple of days either however no snow!!!!