I NEED HELP CRANKS WONT START

boston

Car was running fine and all of the sudden it shut off I disconnected the fuel line off the tb to check if pump is working, also replace the injector clips, cap,rotor,plugs and wires,also put a new msd coil so im getting spark in all plugs. I pulled the ovcp pipe off and had my friend crank it over and no gas is spraying out off either injectors. So i think there is no power going to the injectors. I don't know what else will cause this problem.

thank

Edited by boston

If you just replaced the injector clip like it sounds like you did in your first post, I'd start there. Take a look in the FSM and see if you can find the voltage signal that should be coming to the clip and then get a multimeter and see if you're getting any signal or not. That should tell you right away if it's the clips.

Page 14-3 in the 89 manual calls for a reading 2-3 ohms at 68 degrees F on both injectors, but that's not the clips.

It also says that there should be a voltage of 12-14V at idle ... but your car is not idling.

Edited by techboy

Did you check for spark? Just putting in a coil doesn't mean you're getting spark. If its not spraying fuel when cranking then the ECU is not reading an rpm signal OR there is something wrong with the fuel system which you seem to have covered above. Could be the ignitor gone dead.

Hey guys

Today I tried to figure out why I got no power and spark

I just swap me 89 ecu and I put the. 87 ecu back I have

Power now and the injector and are spraying gas now

When I crank I figured out the. 89 ecu I have is no longer

Good .now I need to figure out why I don't have sparks

In my ignition coil I just ordered from a member a

Knock box to see if that is my other problem

What year is the car? 87 and older had the black plastic knock boxes (ignitors) that were prone to failure without warning. It's on the strut tower by the coil. 88-89 had the metal boxes that rarely failed.

Yes my car is 87. bo I swapp to 89 knock box/ engine harness / ecu

Edited by boston

you guys need to get back to the BASICS , test and trouble shoot problems and parts

some times that means you have to do a little reading , if you have no idea how the system works ,, you have almost NO chance of ever fixing it

with the proper knowledge it shouldn't take longer then 15 minutes to find the cause of your problem