Engine management systems on eastcoast

randy

What kind of engine management system are ya running and who does ya tunining?

The reason i ask is everyone is not capable of such a task even if ya have a dyno

was just thinking reading back on PC85 and the problems he's having with his

flatbody.

I have a Haltech Platinum Sport 1000 now I had a Megasquirt before that. So far I've done all my own tuning. While I'm no ace at it, I have been able to get it to run and drive fairly reliably with both systems. You're probably going to run into snags here and there with any setup, but the folks here can usually help you with them.

i had megasquirt and tuned it mostly myself.

i dont know any real good tuners here in DC but

if i was back home in rochester NY i would have

STM ( Street Tuned Motorsports) do my tuning.

I see you said you had megasquirt and if ya was back in rochester you would use

street tuned motorsports. What kind of systems are they familiar with or specialize in?

Edited by randy

i've done both a Hawk and MS , Hawk is much easier but MS ain't that bad , you just got to stop and learn a little about fuel mix before you distroy the engine , it's also easier to do fuel then ign timeing , not sure why people think they have to do both at one time,,thats whats so great about a programable ecu , you can do any part or the entire system at one time , start small and work up with out changeing a single part ;)

I see you said you had megasquirt and if ya was back in rochester you would use

street tuned motorsports. What kind of systems are they familiar with or specialize in?

they seem to use AEM mostly. but also tune Subies with the COBB AP.

mostly an EVO shop and now getting in to GTR's

http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhq2ZtiudEA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbavEKxvugk

Edited by importwarrior

Those scooby doo's look really sick man i love it. what's a decent amount of tuneing to get it right?

I guess it will take $1,000 to get it right because everyone's set is different and diff combo's.

so isn't it worth learning a little your self and pay your self that $1000 and not some one else , a runable map can be found from people on here for just about any combination you can think of ,,we all run the same engine right

so isn't it worth learning a little your self and pay your self that $1000 and not some one else , a runable map can be found from people on here for just about any combination you can think of ,,we all run the same engine right

I was just looking at the shop labor rates at $100 per hour,I intend to learn my own system.