anyone else want to chime in on this newbie troubleshooting thread?

patra_is_here

Seems right to me, a 17 y.o. wantin' something fixed almost by remote-control! Your advice an conclusions seem on the money to me, also, his apparent lack of patience!!

Your advice is sound. A replacement 87 harness would probably fix the car, IF there is nothing else major wrong. But i would not really consider a engine harness replacement newbee stuff. But replacing harnesses is easier than fixing wiring for most people.

His car likely has a 1 gm mas. 7 pins in a 8 cavity plug. Probably has a 88-89 igniter wired in as well. I wonder if it ran before the afc was removed?

rescue^ it did not run before I removed safc I put new fuel pump new fuel lines fuel filter injectors injector clips and new computer and it didn't run but I just stripped the harness and found broken wires so im going to fix it the correct way. and thank you all for the help im so glad I have someone to ask for help. im new to fuel injection so it is annoying trying to help me I know but I do listen and try all sugestions. and jw do I have to take the dash out to re install harness?

Will just depend on how much u have to replace. If just the sensors through pass fender then u could get away with just removing blower ect. Btw while were on the topic. I assumé that side also had the wires to the wiper motor? Trying to go legit myself stupid laws

Rewireing like said is not super complex in most cases just allot and time consuming. Go slow make good conections so no future problems. You should see the wires in a pinball machine if u think a car is bad

well actually I need about 200 wire connectors no exadaration its gona take all day but I can do it. its been cut completely in 4 spots

I have the entire harness from my 89 partout. It sounds like you could use it or at least some of it. PM me if you want/need it, and we can discuss getting it to you quickly and cheaply.

BC_99

ok theres a very detailed how to remove a fuel system harness in the FAQ ,

now heres a bit of advice never cut a harness into , and then take it for granted all wires have a diff color code , they do NOT ,

mits used the same color wire many times but each go to a diff location

a newbie can replace the entire harness with in a couple hours,, after all all connectors only go one place if you pay attention to detail , removeing and replaceing the blower motor is the hardest part, and if you cut off the odd stud mount even that ain't so bad

if you not real experianced at doing harness repairs all you'l do is make twice as many problem areas as you had before

i know there isn't a lot of wires but it was cut completely in half in 4 places.

for the average mechanic this woiuld not be a big deal but from the way you worded your posts it's some thing you'l never be able to do , the car never drove or ran from the time the harness was cut so it wasn't done some time in the distant past

pics on facebook?

ya he sent me some, he bought a harness from me. long story.

this ain't face book and to be honest i'm geting tired of hearing the words face book , nothing against you or the OP, people as a whole are not ready for such a thing

Facebook is here. Wether its here to stay or not or its merits can be debated, but as with all things in life it is what you make of it. I actually met some starion/conquest guys on there and have good relationships with them. Fixed a guys starion in my driveway tonight and posted the pics on facebook. We had a group bike ride the other day and someone Magna broke down in my town so I went out and met the other guy and gave him a jump. Its not all reposts about cats you know :)

this ain't face book and to be honest i'm geting tired of hearing the words face book , nothing against you or the OP, people as a whole are not ready for such a thing

Maybe we should just delete all the comments that mention FB? Heh heh heh

Hey it is what it is, you make it sound personal.

while FB lacks some things, it makes it easier to share images since there's no need for an external host and everything gets resized automatically.

but it definitely doesn't match the ease of use of a standard forum like this one, with it's dedicated forums and threads.

i am sorry as i am assuming this is the wrong place to be posting this, but i have a problem with my conquest and i am a newbie myself bing 17, i cant seem to get my turbo out due to a bolt just in the perfect place to be impossible to get. but could someone message me explaining how to make a topic or find what i am looking for? thanks alot guys.

i am sorry as i am assuming this is the wrong place to be posting this, but i have a problem with my conquest and i am a newbie myself bing 17, i cant seem to get my turbo out due to a bolt just in the perfect place to be impossible to get. but could someone message me explaining how to make a topic or find what i am looking for? thanks alot guys.

Not sure what else to tell you except try some PB blaster, or use a torch to heat it up. Shouldn't bee too hard. If you can't reach it, you can take out the single bolt that holds the band around the middle of the turbo, seperate the compressor from the exhaust housing (tap it with a rubber mallet), and make some more room to work.

Going to have to buy a tool that will get at it. Get yourself in a funky spot / back breaking way (come on your young still you can do it easy) apply heat, penatrant (not togethe obviously) and really just get at it. If something like that is holding you up.... this is NOT going to be the car for you. Sell it and buy a honda. These cars will not take to neglect well at all, parts are hard to come by, and there is no one that will really work on it but you.