window tinting

383chevelle

I am getting my car tinted and the guy just called to tell me that he can not put tint over the vertical strips of the rear defroster because it is not flush with the glass. Ask if I wanted him to leave the outside with no tint on it. Does this sound right to you guys I have never heard of this figured her could lay it over that just like the rised sections of the horizontal lines. Any advice?

Well its to late for that. It has a life time warranty and he is using solar guard tint which I believe is a good tint. He was recommended by several people,the tint came out looking great other than that one thing. I thought that was a little weird, but its done and looks pretty good guess I will see how it holds up.

The good stuff won't turn purple, and comes in charcoal/grey/black as well as brown.

I've had tint on my 82' Mitsu Truck since 89 ish, and it hasn't faded purple at all, still looks great.

-Robert

From the outside looking in it is black tonight I noticed that it is a bit brown from the inside looking out. They guy said that if I have any problems and bring it back to him and he will fix it no questions asked. I will get some pics tomorrow during the day.

Solar Guard is great stuff. I've tinted at least a dozen SQ hatches with both cheap and good tint. I've had the tint try and leach water back or form small bubbles right by the defroster lines on the day of tinting, but if you go back 24 hours after it dries out a bit with a paper towel and push along the lines from the middle out, it will push out any remaining water and air bubbles. Those defroster lines do stick out a bunch, and the dot matrix stuff at the top of the hatch can be a little sketchy sometimes, but just tell him to tint it from the inside as normal going over all the defroster lines, and I can assure you that after a couple days of chasing runners, after it dries out completely, it will look great and should last a long time. I'm guessing the guy is worried about lonetivity on the back, and since they offer a lifetime warranty, he doesn't want to take that risk. If so, see if he'll do it anyway, but write on the receipt that the back glass has no warranty? Seriously, you won't need the warranty on the back glass if he's using Solar Guard. It will look good and last a long time even with the thick defroster lines. Edited by Burton

Ok here are the pics. I am going back to get the edges covered up and he said he would push out any remaining water trapped. Looks pretty good all black in the back. I like it a lot and I think it will help with the holy hell hot interior when it sits in the sun.

starion tint 3

starion tint 2

Station tint 1

Those pictures got really small when I uploaded them. Ill make them bigger and re upload. It is really dark, the only rules we have here is that the front doors have to read 25% and the front window can only have a strip at the top. Everything else is what ever you want to do.