2014 Corvette

TexasQuest

I'm on the fence. I like a lot of the technical aspects they've done, but not sure on the styling yet. I think overall it looks better, but I'm not sure how I feel about the tail lights. Some aspects of the body feel like they were trying to copy Ferrari, which isn't all that bad of a thing, but I think it makes it lose a little of it's character. I'm not much of a C6 fan either, but I deffinately feel it's an improvementover the C6. I think I still like the 60's and 70's Vettes better tho, looks wise.

I'm hoping I like it better after I see one in person.

I say yuck... looks too much like a Ferrari... too many straight lines for a Corvette... some of the body lines look like a Hyundai Genesis... the headlights look like they came from a 350z... the taillights sealed the deal for me, it looks like they grabbed Camaro lights and stuck them on the back. just my 0.02.

To many body lines and add ons. Would be nicer with smoother lines and a rear end that isn't off a Camaro.

I agree, it looks like Chevy tried to hard and got carried away with making the car "European". It more a Ferrari wanna be instead of a symbol of american muscle.

GM website says it will have a 7-speed manual transmission. Cool!

other than that, I'm a little dissapointed. One of the magazines I saw last months had "hypothetical" photos and that car clearly had 16" wheels/tires.That made me think that the new vette was going to be really small (lotus sized) and that there was going to be a resurgence of 16" performance tires on the market. Oh well. :mellow:

I think they can clean it up a bit, get rid of the "busy" stuff like the hood/ grill thing, the side vents need to go. Front grill, I say is ok, maybe less chrome on it. It's really busy in the rear and a busy rear is not a good thing, even for cars! :lol: I agree, waay to much Ferrari styling q's. Why the heck don't they go back to the Vette's of the past and try to bring an updated look to like a Stingray?

But if I must say if it's a better model than the one it's replacing, I'd be hard pressed to say yes at this point. "New" does not always mean better. It's American Muscle, it should look like it. They shouldn't give a rat arse if it appeals to the European market. Foreign markets want American cars that look like American cars, specially something like the Corvette, it's such an American icon.

All the vents and such looked way bust to me too, but then I read that every one of them serves a purpose for optimum performance wether it be for cooling the engine or brakes, or for aerodynamic purposes.

They may look a little busy, but I think they might be easier to deal with knowing they serve a purpose, rather than them just being there for looks.

Front end needs longer, and it needs a different front end seeing as it looks exactly like the new Viper until you get to the top of the front wheels. It looks good, and it's not like they really could have copied the Viper... but the Viper was first revealed, and I figure they might like to differentiate the two cars some. Overall I really like it although I would still rather have a Viper.

Edit: Looking further at some of the things they're doing to it... I'd like to drive the car, not the other way around. Sounds like they're putting too many driver "aids" in it for it to be really a fun car

Edited by viper1355

My girlfriend and I have been talking about this thing since the debuted it the other day. She is a big Corvette fan. We have an '06 C6 Z51 that she bought herself new for her 30th birthday. The C6 is a good looking car. Personally I think the rear end of this C7 looks too much like a Camaro, the front looks too much like a Ferrari, the side looks like a Viper, and where the heck did they see enough of a Sting Ray shape on this thing to bring back that nameplate and sully the name like they did...

I dunno, maybe it will grow on me but I don't think it'll happen for a couple years anyway... They'll have to tweak the design to get me to like it.

My girl was wanting to get the new model but after we saw it, the only way we would have one is if we got it black on black. And if you are gonna do that, might as well just get another C6 that's black on black and save $40000.

Again, I dunno... We were disappointed. We hoped it would have looked more like the C7 prototype they used in the Transformers movie.

I have a 2015 Z06 at work right now. These things are fantastic. The front lower air dam gets a different grill. Not sure if this is what they are sticking with, but guessing so. I really don't see where the Ferrari/Nissan/Mazda/viper look alike thing is coming from. It shares a lot of its previous charachteristics and styling. Just dialed up to be current for once. The vents and what not exist for function. It's like clothes and fashion. Levi's look like American eagle. A sports car shares cues for function that other......cars have.

A Ferrari California is a cross of a 575 Marinello and a Aston Martin. Still don't see it much. Yet again Starions are 944's, or supras, or 300zx, or mustang 5.0's. It's just the times and styling. In person it is unmistakably a corvette.

I still don't think it's going to perform like the ultimate sports car they think. First off they still used fiberglass in it (which is very heavy) way worse then using steel even.