Tactical/Assault rifles....

BC_99

They can have mine.......All they have to do is try and get close enough to take them.

When the government comes to your home to confiscate your weapons.....You know the time to fight for your rights has come ;)

Bill

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j253/thatgirlkt/NowYouCanHaveIt.jpg

look guys the cops are not going to be able to take more than the guns from a few homes before all the rightwing nut jobs out there go nutso and kill them all.

And there is no way the USMC or the US Army would do it. We all swear oaths to defend the constitution and the people of this country to are deaths if need be. Even if we were ordered to do it is our job to not carry out any unlawful order and it is a major unlawful no no. I seriously dought the USMC, Army, Navy, or AF would do it Cost Guard maybe. In order for it to happen all holy hell would have had to already broke lose and they were just trying to clean up the mess.

Besides just how long do you guys thank even a few thousand of you would last against a Fast Rifle Company of Marines. Lets say you take a small city and try to hold it. How long, I would say no more than a few hours and its unlikely the Marines would have a single causality probably some wounded, but you guys would be for the most part worm food.

Stop kidding your selfs with all the self made ARs you guys build. On a controlled range indoors plunking targets yea they work. But you get it out in the real world maneuvering firing getting sweat, dirt, blood your buddies brains in them how long before they jam. You would be nothing but targets. Mainly DEAD TARGETS and yes we would pry your guns from your dead cold hands. I have done it in 4 different countries now. We take the guns blow them to bits and toss the bodies in front loaders to get buried in mass graves.Its

a damn awful discussing smelly putrid mess.

And then we go back to base camp what ever have a good meal and some beer and sleep good that night.

Myself and my fellow brothers in arms in all branches of the US Military have paid a lot to defend your right to have those guns. Respect what he have done for you and what those rights are about. Don't abuse them.

Edited by ghinckley68

Besides just how long do you guys thank even a few thousand of you would last against a Fast Rifle Company of Marines. Lets say you take a small city and try to hold it. How long, I would say no more than a few hours and its unlikely the Marines would have a single causality probably some wounded, but you guys would be for the most part worm food.

just like in afghanistan and iraq, huh?

I personally would rather become worm food trying to uphold my Constitutional rights and not giving up my guns, than to be a coward and a sheep, give up my guns, and become worm food at the hands of marauding gangs of criminals with illegal guns. The Govt. would just kill me quick. the criminals might not, and they might also torture me, or rape my wife and daughter.

I'll take what's behind door #1, Bob!

lets cool it down guys,, there is no right or wrong answer to this question , it all depends on where your at, at any one time or place

in reality none of us are 100% safe any where , and many times those whos job it is to protect you can be your worst enemy

no opinions asked, however if i ever get a gun, it will be a 44 or 50 desert eagle, i plan only to use 1 bullet, and aim not to kill but to severely injure

all for in home protection of course. however, area im in is safe for now, so i have yet to have aneed

no opinions asked, however if i ever get a gun, it will be a 44 or 50 desert eagle, i plan only to use 1 bullet, and aim not to kill but to severely injure

all for in home protection of course. however, area im in is safe for now, so i have yet to have aneed

lol...too many video games.

just like in afghanistan and iraq, huh?

Probably the best counter to ghinckley68's point. While certainly many civilians haven't had much experience out side of a range and in small numbers would stand no chance against battle hardened soldiers. You don't always need that when you have numbers and guerrilla warfare. Iraq threw weapons out into the streets as we invaded. They armed the very people the the regime didn't want armed before the invasion. They knew an armed populace would be difficult to fight, so that is what they made. (The UK was prepared to do the same thing in WW2).

The US turning its own military against its people would, at this time, be a bloodbath. While training favors one side, the other side is larger and looks just like everyone one else on the streets. Not to mention most gun owners have the weaponry to arm more then one person. And even if it is just shooting paper, many have an equipment experience greater than our non-combat troops. Last but not least there are countless ex-military in the civilian ranks.

But in Ghinckley68 is absolutely right in saying that the men and women of the US armed forces aren't interested in assisting in desolving the rights they are willing to die for. They aren't mindless beings and wouldn't just be Ok with the orders. I'm not too worried about being disarmed by force. Such an attempt would get you a civil war.

Disarming the American people will have to be done slowly and with method. Target the scary looking weapons and weapons designed to kill people. Paint people who own them as bad. Then talk hunters and target shooters into storing their legal devices at clubs. But the first step is to know what is out there, which means registration, which seems to be easy to talk people into. Once there, all kinds of options open up.

As an aside, I love how are the gun control people talk about hunters rights, but there is no right to hunt.

I love the discussion even though it has gone off target.

Always shot to kill. If you feel the need is dire enough to pull the trigger then you NEED to stop the situation. If it isn't that serious then you don't really need to shoot at all. Shooting to injure will mean you will be less effective. Shooting a leg will mean a high failure rate, go for center of mass. Firearms aren't about being less effective. If shots are fired things are serious and the game is for keeps and survival. Never shoot anything you aren't meaning to kill.

Also one shot, nah. For anything other than a shotgun I'd try for 3 in rapid succession; Shotgun 2. If you let the first one fly then your decision was that you wanted to stop the situation. You made the decision to shoot and reassessing if the first shot missed could mean your life. More than one shot means you probably score at least one hit. With any semi-auto 3 shots goes by pretty quickly. Never "kill shot", it will end you up in prison and would deserve it. If their actions have stopped than yours need to as well. Your goal is always to stop the situation and you are using the most effective tool to do that; Which may cause someone their life. But your goal is always "stop the situation"; And you are serious.

After assess the situation and injuries. If the the police have not yet been notified call them; insure that medical staff is coming as well. If you can safely tend to the assailant attempt first aid, but stay on guard. Your actions after the shots are fired will be used in the court cases. Just as you were prepared to take a life if needed, you should always be prepared to save a life. Even if they left you no choice, you should attempt to tend to their wounds. As I said you actions after will be called into question. Insure your actions after you stopped the attack show only an attempt to assist, not an obstruction of justice. Tend to wounds, to not modify evidence.

Myself, if I had to pull the trigger they'd find me crying like a baby, attempting to keep the guy alive. I think I could pull the trigger if I had to, but I'd be a wreck for a long long time.

Myself, if I had to pull the trigger they'd find me crying like a baby, attempting to keep the guy alive. I think I could pull the trigger if I had to, but I'd be a wreck for a long long time.

i would most likely be the same way

bad part is, with no first aid training, i would literally have no idea what to do aside from possibly, hold pressure on wound

look guys the cops are not going to be able to take more than the guns from a few homes before all the rightwing nut jobs out there go nutso and kill them all.

Besides just how long do you guys thank even a few thousand of you would last against a Fast Rifle Company of Marines.

Well, I guess I am one of those "Right wing" nut jobs :lol:

I think I could last quite awhile against a "Fast Rifle Company of Marines" that were trying to take away my constitutional rights as a American citizen. That would not end up being my "First trip around the block" killing members of a armed force that were trying to take my life, and the lives of others in my unit ;)

I have been shot at and shot back in combat. I'm still here, their not.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Wow that rant stirred up shite. But seriously why do you guys thank ever one wants to take your guns.

RUBY RIDGE WACO those need not have happened they weren't too take there guns. They were there because they were nut jobs. Doing bad stuff.

An as for all of you who think that the Marines were handed are tails in Iraq and Afghanistan we weren't. It was because at first we were not allowed to shoot woman and children. When we went up against armed adult male insurgents we mowed them down like grass, killed by the thousands actually tens of thousands. They had full auto AKs, RPGs Light tanks rounds you name they came and they died.

What we had problems with was the kids who run up to us being all kid like then either shoot us under are vest are drop a grenade amongst us. Are women standing on the side of a house with a bomb strapped on under a burka. Instant dead Marine patrol. Once we were allowed to shoot them that ended. We stuck over watch patrols on roofs with 50s and if they did not move they got dead.

Then came the roadside bombs and once we got the army longbows up at night and UAVs that ended as well.

Don't kid your self into thanking that if you rise up against the US Government over guns you will win. You wont have full auto weapons. They will remove the ammo from every shelf in the country in hours. you wont have RPGs you wont have AntiTake weapons. And you wont be being resupplied when you ammo runs out. Plus I don't see any of you strapping bombs to your wife's.

I watched 61 fellow Marines DIE defending your rights it just make me so mad when i here things like they can PRY MY GUNS FROM MY DEAD COLD FINGERS. I myself spent 3 days upside down hanging form the seat in a huey covered in jet fuel and then 3 weeks in a coma.

No one want's your damn guns. Stop watching FOX news and being stirred up by the right wing.

When I here crap like that I have to question whether the marines that lost their life's under my command was worth it. I wrote many letters all saying that your son daughter husband wife what ever died defending the rights of Americans every were. Don't make those that paid the ultimate price for your freedom regret it.

Edited by ghinckley68

The Marines didn't lose, but it wasn't an easy fight either. There isn't a military on earth that can take a direct attack from our forces. Iraq's folded in days. But street to street brawls with a gorilla force that knew every nook and cranny of the city was more more challenging. We had an awe inspiring amount of technology on our side, that and better training won the day. Certainly that being brought to a civil war would be seen as horrible on the world stage. The idea of the US millitary being used against US citizens is largely a "what if" htat has a near zero chance of happening.

Past the fact that many military people are supporters of country's founding ideas and wouldn't follow such an order blindly; One huge problem with sending US troops to fight US civilians is that we are the same people. We speak the same language and we grow up in largely the same culture. It is harder to ask an army to fight against someone just like them. China sends troops from the north to southern China and the other way around to keep their forces from sympathizing with the people they are controlling.

No one wants our guns? There are certainly people who want to limit gun rights. They target "Saturday Night Specials" and "Assault Weapons" fairly constantly. They quote the numbers of deaths and tell use that guns are the problem. They fail to admit that some of these inexpensive handguns are protecting many honest citizens. Or that "Assault Weapons" are nothing more than military looking semi-autos. The reason we have what we have now is that most of the laws tried to stop sales rather than recall and many such laws had expiration dates and weren't renewed. I think the way they will finally get "Assault Weapons" is through registration and then make them non-transferable without tax stamp and background check. Similar to how they did in Full Autos. It will be the hardest to fight and will make less of a scene.

In many ways I don't view the 2nd amendment as something written for my lifetime. I think today we have the greatest country on the face of the earth. US citizens have more freedom then ever before. But the scary thing is that Governments tend to move to a more controlling state. But honestly if the second amendment slowly fell apart it probably wouldn't have much effect on my life. Other than taking away something I enjoy and limiting my ability to protect myself, I doubt the country would up and throwing all blue eyed people into death camps. Loss of the second amendment probably wouldn't effect my son either. It would probably be my grandchildren or some after that that would wish they had it. Without the second amendment, someone in the future will not have the right to have the worlds most effective means of defending ones self. They will not be able to choose their destiny and they will be angry because of it. I want to delay that.