If Kaddify was still in power on 9/11/12. Do you still think our embassy would have been attacked?

Caliber308

Well, since almost everyone on this website is an expert in foreign policy and military strategy, I suspect we'll have a real great debate on our hands.

Yes or no? No debate. It is a simple question.I never asked for members to voice their opinions. A simple Yes or No will suffice.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Do you mean Muammar Gaddafi??

Yes. You could spell his last name with a Q,K or G.He's dead now, so i'm sure it doesn't matter to him.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Yes. You could spell his last name with a Q,K or G.He's dead now, so i'm sure it doesn't matter to him.

Bill

matters about as much as your question Cal, hind sight questions have little real meaning ,

every american embasy where ever should have at the very least a full company of soldiers

present at all times

To those members who say no, why do you say the embassy still would not have been attacked?

Honestly, it's a bit of a moot point because even if Ghaddafi was still in power, it's very likely the attack would have been carried out - reason I say this is because it was around September 11th, which would lead me to believe that it would have happened regardless. If it was around say, June or something, then my answer might be different.

Edited by Fanta

To those members who say no, why do you say the embassy still would not have been attacked?

Honestly, it's a bit of a moot point because even if Ghaddafi was still in power, it's very likely the attack would have been carried out - reason I say this is because it was around September 11th, which would lead me to believe that it would have happened regardless. If it was around say, June or something, then my answer might be different.

Justin, I feel that I have to refute your above reply to keep with the objective of this post as strictly Yes or NO.

Very simply, Ghaddafi detested the Muslim Brotherhood, Taliban and El Quaeda almost as much as Western European and American citizens that had their heads screwed on straight who read and understood world history who raised alarm at "THE ARAB SPRING" and the Muslim Brotherhood being the main motivating force behind it.

Ghaddafi's government freely traded radical/terroist intelligence with western intelligence agancies. Altho he was a despot and did a lot of despicable things, he knew that he had to keep the radicals in Libya suppressed because if they took over Libya, or got in a place of power, his goose was cooked. If Ghaddafi had not been deposed and killed, he would have kept the radicals suppressed if not killed and the Libya American Consulate 9/11/12 debacle would not have happened.

During the Arab Spring Debacle you and others preached the praises of the Muslim Brotherhood and their supposedly or should I say "propogandist" quest for democracy in the Mid East here on SQC. Well, you now see the results of the radical Muslim Brotherhood/El Quaeda and their splinter groups supposed quest for democracy everywhere in the Mid-East.

Justin, I consider you a friend but enough is ENOUGH!!!! Bill strictly asked for a Yes or No. So Keep it at that before you dig the hole deeper that you dug during the Arab Spring and it's consequental results.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

those 4 or 5 people may have live'd but how many thousands of others may have die'd had he remain'd in power

one american life is no more important or less important then any life lost while serveing our country , even a life lost to friendly fire is just as important as one from enemy fire

those 4 or 5 people may have live'd but how many thousands of others may have die'd had he remain'd in power

one american life is no more important or less important then any life lost while serveing our country , even a life lost to friendly fire is just as important as one from enemy fire

So, using American pilots to help Libyan insurgents, (putting american servicemen at risk) was a bad thing correct? Obama didn't step aside and allow a revolution... he took sides and aided radical Muslim insurgents in overthrowing their government.

Keith

WAR it's strange how quickly they are forgotten , by those that didn't fight in them .

Truth there,

I joined the Navy at the start of the first gulf war and got out a month after the 9/11 attacks. When a country aids another countries revolution it should not expect gratitude from the victors. Look what happened in France after they helped us in the American Revolution. Us not paying back our war debt was one of the economic pressures that brought down the French Royal family.

Keith