People on foodstamps who have cell phone. =/

patra_is_here

Obviously people on food stamps or other forms of welfare are savages and do not deserve modern communication methods or really much of anything. They should all be beaten down until they are strong enough to pick themselves up just like I did. /sarcasm

AMERICA!

who are these middle income people we keep hearing about , personaly Chip and his wife are two of the only one's i know that are even close, but i don't think even they make the $250 k a yr that is the norm

in truth the middle income american is more like 50-75k a yr and thats with both working

me i'm sad to say i spent most of my life in the poverty level along with nearly every one i know

but you know what we survive'd and did quit well with things that realy matter'd

• Like 1

Obviously people on food stamps or other forms of welfare are savages and do not deserve modern communication methods or really much of anything. They should all be beaten down until they are strong enough to pick themselves up just like I did. /sarcasm

where did you come from? i had to double check the name :)

where did you come from? i had to double check the name :)

Someone told him there was a post on SQC about free cell phone service. So he logged in to find out how :lol:

Bill

Edited by Caliber308
  • Like 1

Whoa. How've you been?

Oh and there are much more measured and mature rebuttals to welfare critics out there than this person's. The vulgarity and insults are distracting and whiney. That's usually how they act on the right. The only rebuttal you need is that welfare and other "poor people" spending constitutes about 1% of the federal budget. If you're against new taxes because you "don't want to pay more taxes so people on welfare can have a cell phone" then you don't understand taxes, and you definitely don't understand what kind of mess we've gotten ourselves into. Hire a republican president now if you dare, but it could be the end of America as we know it. Republicans will NEVER pay down the deficit. True "leftists" should probably vote for Romney so that our capitalist system can finally actually collapse. Edited by chiplee

Hire a republican president now if you dare, but it could be the end of America as we know it. Republicans will NEVER pay down the deficit. True "leftists" should probably vote for Romney so that our capitalist system can finally actually collapse.

Similar comments were made about Ronald Reagan ;) The best one I heard back then from Democrats was this: "Ronald Wilson Reagan has six letters in his first,middle and last name, 666 the mark of Satan". :(

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

the costs of the wars in afghanistan and iraq projected though 2017 are about what our budget deficit for 2 years is. they're expensive, but our total deficit is over 16 trillion (looking at around 20 trillion by 2017), so getting us into the black? not so much. also, a goodly amount of that money has gone back into the economy; soldiers have been paid, contractors have been paid. it hasn't simply disappeared.

who are these middle income people we keep hearing about , personaly Chip and his wife are two of the only one's i know that are even close, but i don't think even they make the $250 k a yr that is the norm

in truth the middle income american is more like 50-75k a yr and thats with both working

me i'm sad to say i spent most of my life in the poverty level along with nearly every one i know

but you know what we survive'd and did quit well with things that realy matter'd

report release'd by the sences income for americans say the middle income bracket for most americans is $50-$60 k

that means both canidates are out of touch with the real world incone , only 5% of those servey'd make $250k or above

Similar comments were made about Ronald Reagan ;) The best one I heard back then from Democrats was this: "Ronald Wilson Reagan has six letters in his first,middle and last name, 666 the mark of Satan". :(

Bill

I think today's Romney revelation corroborates my assertion.

I think today's Romney revelation corroborates my assertion.

to be very honest Romney scares me , he's out of touch with main stream america and talks like war is deff in his plans ,

quickest way to lower unemployment is to start a huge war and draft our finest and best

Yeah in OH they got the same "safelink" cell phone program for frre cell phones for them.... even texting.

IMHO if they want my money send them over to my house to cut my grass, shovel my snow, do whatever random job I assign them untill they find a real job. Why should I be forced to pay for something I don't get direct benift from? And don't say it keeps them from robbing me. If more would slowly shot the theifs dead, and when I say slowly I mean take out a knee and leave them to blead out.

from my limit'd experiance with some of these programs on a local level nearly 90% of all the socal workers are black, but that may just be a local thing , i do know that with the dept of child welfare localy i have only met one white person

also isn't some time next yr that the white population is supose'd to become a minority

Dated 3 social workers (probly the only one's that can put up with me) and all 3 were white. The job SUCKS you deal with the worst of the worst sometimes, and they (not all but most) for the most part just take what is given and don't even try to improve even when guided step by step. So anyone in that roll (social worker) was looking for a way out as fast as possible. All 3 I dated and my coz went back to school got there masters and got out of that job. You can only take a job where you don't make any headway for so long.

IMHO if they want my money send them over to my house to cut my grass, shovel my snow, do whatever random job I assign them untill they find a real job. Why should I be forced to pay for something I don't get direct benift from?

you realize that most people who collect benefits have previously PAID into the system.? you aren't paying for them, so to speak, you're paying for yourself, in the future.

hell, to qualify for unemployment you MUST have worked and paid in to that system, and then what you get back is related to how much you put in (not directly, i don't know the actual numbers).

I have a friend who gets disability now, and really, he's been paying in to that system for 20 years. So who am I to judge? the social safety net is there to prevent us from turning into a society of serfs. The idea of a minimum life quality should be a walk in the park for our country.

Bill

that satan stuff was lame crap, but reagan did a lot of messed up stuff that we are still paying for, like all that deregulation that lead to the savings and loan scandals (that the bush empire took advantage of and profited from). The deregulation of newspapers, TV, and radio has led to 3 companies owning all the media stations. They want your internet too.

Its kinda understandable why folks would call him the devil, but really, he was just a human, and IMHO, a lousy one at that.

you realize that most people who collect benefits have previously PAID into the system.? you aren't paying for them, so to speak, you're paying for yourself, in the future.

hell, to qualify for unemployment you MUST have worked and paid in to that system, and then what you get back is related to how much you put in (not directly, i don't know the actual numbers).

I have a friend who gets disability now, and really, he's been paying in to that system for 20 years. So who am I to judge? the social safety net is there to prevent us from turning into a society of serfs. The idea of a minimum life quality should be a walk in the park for our country.

Really? All there KIDS paid into the system to//////// GIVE ME A BREAK.... IF that were the case why not just let everyone keep there own money and if your not smart enough to put some aside for when you fall on hard time...... then that's your problem.

Or let me pose it another way. You work really hard, get a good job and make allot of money there for paying in a much larger chunk of money. You never draw on it, and everyoen else still gets a check? Sounds Fair?

Edited by jszucs

how old are you? how much of 'real life' have you had to deal with?

what would happen if you were diagnosed with cancer? do you have enough savings to cover that?

what if you got hit by a car, can no longer work, and the person who hit you doesn't carry enough insurance to pay for you? you got enough in your bank to live the rest of you life?

what if you were a married mother, and your husband left you with the kids but not before taking all the money out of your joint savings account?

seriously, a zero safety net is ridiculous. Life has unexpected crap that is nearly impossible for the middle and lower classes to afford.

and you still haven't formed a valid argument. I said "most" people have paid in to the system. MOST. so, saying that kids haven't paid in to it is a pointless comment on your part.

Im 33..... How much real life have I had to deal with well lets see. I pretty much raised myself, other then some foster type raising by my grandparents, ive paid my own way for everything. by 10 I had people where I lived locked into contracts for grass cutting and snow removal. Every day after school I was working, and weekend too. Bout my own car ~15 and restored it so I had a car to drive.

If I was diagnosed with cancer I would ride out my time till I coudn't do the normal things I do, then I would kill myself.

Got hit by a car, and coudn't lift a gallon of milk for 5 months. Worked my tail off to rehab. And that's why I pay for good insurance to more then cover the idiots that don't.

Im not a woamn but if I was I would 100% NOT be having kids, and I would have my own money 0 Joint account.

I'm not saying a 0 safty net.... I'm saying setup a safty net for YOURSELF...... Your your own responsablity not me.... if you choose and yes it's a CHOICE to bring kids into this world they are YOUR RESPONSABLITY not mine. It's not hard start very young save a dollar a day just working odd jobs doing work around the hood ECT, and you will have a large savings by 30, just by forming that habbit.

Ok fine if you want the system offer an opt out, so you can quit taxing the one's smart enough to save for themself.

What is your rebuttal to you should get out what you paid in? IE if you make 100K a year you pay in WAY more then someone making minimum wage for a year then getting fired and taking benifits. Shouldn't that person only be limited to what they paid in not a full ride?

seriously, a zero safety net is ridiculous. Life has unexpected crap that is nearly impossible for the middle and lower classes to afford.

LOL... yes, thousands of years of humans existing on Earth has been ridiculous because they had no "safety net" until now.

-Robert

• Like 1

LOL... yes, thousands of years of humans existing on Earth has been ridiculous because they had no "safety net" until now.

-Robert

yeah I forgot how awesome it was to live in the dark ages.

seriously, I can't believe you even posted that as a valid point. The whole point of society is to EVOLVE as a society. we (society) grow to make life better. all society is working towards utopia, whether we realize it or not. otherwise, we'd just be a collection of individual animals with no language, no society, and generally just monkey (well, at least monkeys have a society and share things among each other).

we've been working at this society thing for a few thousand god damned years, and we're getting better at it each time.

^ that's not going to happen till we quit treating all as equals all people are not created equals. And for that to work you need to get rid of the stupid and weak, and only keep some of the stupid around (or create robots) to do the things the smart don't want to do.

O and there are monkies who don't share you know.

Are you a hippy by chance?

Edited by jszucs