Warning points (3) against Caliber 308????

Caliber308

What in the hell is going on here? I have read the reasons why I received them...Do the members know what they are? Action: Other???? With no explaination WHATSOEVER. And they were listed as two in 2009 and one in 2012. I still don't know why? Also, they were all entered by one moderator: Chad. Could this be a personal vendetta against me by one moderator? Why didn't Chad just notify me via a P.M. about it, instead of posting it under my post count for the world to see. I spend a lot of time( almost 10 years), do a lot of research on this site for members to try help them and i am 9th inline for the most posts (with appox. three removed because they don't post anymore here) for help. To be treated like this from ONE moderator makes me feel like I should not do this anymore. And if this is not removed....It might just be.

This warning under my post count will make other members think negatively about my advice when reading my replies to their posts, And that is B.S. I can always move to another SQ site where my knowledge and help will be appreciated. And ONE moderator, by themselves will not be able to try to undermine me.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

There is nothing there... I also looked at your profile page.

I would also like to point out that what your probably seeing is a new feature. These warning points were probably only for moderators and admins before but with the updates etc it's probably became visible to you. This means they have been there for awhile and wasn't just Chad tacking some on to your account.

Allen

Edited by speedyquest

I cant see them either, but I would assume, having been a member here for 4 yrs or so, that the threatening, whiney, self-righteous posts I've read from you, similar to this one, might have something to do with it. You have a ton of knowledge and can be a very valuable part of the community, but you try to belittle people with your knowledge as much as you try to help them. Just an observation.

BC_99

I cant see them either, but I would assume, having been a member here for 4 yrs or so, that the threatening, whiney, self-righteous posts I've read from you, similar to this one, might have something to do with it.

BC_99

And some of you wonder why I get Warning points.....Just read the above post. If BC99 doesn't like my responses to posts.....My advice to him is this. DON'T READ THEM. No one is twisting your arm to do so. I see BC99 is trying to get my post locked by his comments.....Typical. You don't have to worry about me giving you advice on anything, so in the future you will have no reason to read my advice for help... because you won't get any from me. I posted a comment on a subject about the warning points. Not a subject for you to openly bash me. Maybe someone else should be inline for a warning point ;)

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

What in the hell is going on here? I have read the reasons why I received them...Do the members know what they are? Action: Other???? With no explaination WHATSOEVER. And they were listed as two in 2009 and one in 2012. I still don't know why? Also, they were all entered by one moderator: Chad. Could this be a personal vendetta against me by one moderator? Why didn't Chad just notify me via a P.M. about it, instead of posting it under my post count for the world to see. I spend a lot of time( almost 10 years), do a lot of research on this site for members to try help them and i am 9th inline for the most posts (with appox. three removed because they don't post anymore here) for help. To be treated like this from ONE moderator makes me feel like I should not do this anymore. And if this is not removed....It might just be.

This warning under my post count will make other members think negatively about my advice when reading my replies to their posts, And that is B.S. I can always move to another SQ site where my knowledge and help will be appreciated. And ONE moderator, by themselves will not be able to try to undermine me.

Bill

Bill,

read your own post. You contradict yourself in the first 2 lines. youve read the reasons....you still dont know why.....then you claim its a personal attack by a moderator. Maybe you are just embarassed by the thought that your silly behavior was being put out there for the world to see. But you manage to reinforce that behavior all the time.

Like I said, You have a wealth of knowledge that could be so helpful to so many people. But your responses to people are so laced with venom and self righteousness, that its a wonder anyone even bothers at all.

BC_99

edit: I typically dont read your posts, but sometimes they have been in response to advice Ive given, or just blatantly calling me a liar. I dont really care if you choose to act like a child on here, I just thought maybe you could take a step back and look in a mirror for a minute and see what I see. Either way this entire thread will be gone before the nights out, so whats the point.

Edited by BC_99

I know that you were allowed back about the time i made a new account. I don't know the reasons why you were banned. But I appreciate the help youve given me. You seem to have strong opinions on some things. I too are a smart behind sometime but others prey on that and some ignore it. I would suggest you either ignore this and move on or just leave sqc. Its a shame. I cannot get along with my co-worker at work but I've got to because its the only job around. We are all different. What makes the world go round....well till this december I assume...lol

Bill,

read your own post. You contradict yourself in the first 2 lines. youve read the reasons....you still dont know why.....then you claim its a personal attack by a moderator. Maybe you are just embarassed by the thought that your silly behavior was being put out there for the world to see. But you manage to reinforce that behavior all the time.

Either way this entire thread will be gone before the nights out, so whats the point.

Might be? because of your comments towards me that stir up trouble. Why do you insist on ruining other members posts? You have no idea about things between Chad and I but you still think you have to comment on them to try and make me look bad in front of the membership. Sad.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

whatever you need to tell yourself....I do know he is a mod and if y'all have problems, its between y'all. You are the one who decided to air your dirty laundry for the worlkd to read, I havent commented on that other than you calling a mod out. All you have to do is read this entire thread with an open mind, but seeing as it started with you being defensive from the first post, I dont see you being able to accomplish that.

BC_99

He never once comments on anything going on between you Chad in the way you imply, only mentions it... I personally agree with BC_99 but clearly your blind to how you act sometimes.

Allen

Edited by speedyquest

This post is not about me. It is about Warning points and the moderator who issued them to me WITHOUT a explaination. But, I see others want to turn it into something it is not. Again Sad.

Bill

Perhaps a mod can explain the point system to us?

Dad

Thanks Dad. All I know is that I saw it on my screen when I logged it. How was I to know that all the members couldn't see it prior to my posting about it ? And then having to read a bunch of crap about their personal opinions on me ;) Have something that some of you guys want to discuss with me? P.M.me, don't ruin my posts. I don't ruin yours.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308
  • Like 1

as was said, you are a great help, and a warning point is just that, it holds little bearing unless you continue what you were warned not to do. I have received one or two but I just take it as part of the learning curve.

Again you are a great help to many members, but sometimes you do come off with the "Caliber's way is the only right way" and some people try to say "not every SQ can be like yours" and you retaliate with "but my way is the best way" and it just keeps on that way in the thread where it happens..

Took me a while to figure out that we can only see our own, and I'm sure mods can. Guess you got your answer and we all learned something about points.

Dad

This post is not about me. It is about Warning points and the moderator who issued them to me WITHOUT a explaination. But, I see others want to turn it into something it is not. Again Sad.

Bill

so your saying you don't understand why you received them? or why the same person gave them to you? or the explanation didn't make sense?.. confusing post yours is..

from what i can tell you have 0 points to start with and a max of 5 earn'd points , not sure what happens with the addition of #5 but i asume it's not fun

i have found in the past the less you stir the cow patty the quicker the stink goes away ;)

How was I to know that all the members couldn't see it prior to my posting about it ?

Bill

I don't have a dog in this fight, but perhaps by PMing a moderator other than Chad and calmly asking them about it?

Just a silly thought I had about how I would handle it.

Keith

Edited by Threedoor

as was said, you are a great help, and a warning point is just that, it holds little bearing unless you continue what you were warned not to do. I have received one or two but I just take it as part of the learning curve.

Again you are a great help to many members, but sometimes you do come off with the "Caliber's way is the only right way" and some people try to say "not every SQ can be like yours" and you retaliate with "but my way is the best way" and it just keeps on that way in the thread where it happens..

Rabbit,

Where in any post that you have ever read of mine did it say: "My way is the best way"? I give advice and help based on my set up, the FSM ,research and the things that have worked for me in the past and present.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308