Jalopnik says Starquest "most desirable used car"

Killtodie

"that are impossible to find"

http://jalopnik.com/5892068/ten-desirable-used-cars-that-are-impossible-to-find/gallery/11

"Now they're almost completely gone. Why? What happened? How could the auto enthusiast community not cherish and support such an excellent machine?"

umm? We are a community that cherishes them plenty.

"that are impossible to find"

http://jalopnik.com/5892068/ten-desirable-used-cars-that-are-impossible-to-find/gallery/11

"Now they're almost completely gone. Why? What happened? How could the auto enthusiast community not cherish and support such an excellent machine?"

umm? We are a community that cherishes them plenty.

Unfortunately its not as many as it should be, even in this group. And out of those that do, half cherish them for potential profit from parting cars.

-Robert

I understand the desire to have the values on the car appreciate, but part of what got me into these cars (as opposed to my former Mustang SVO or a 300zx TT or...) was the relatively low cost of entry. It would be nice to have a bit more aftermarket support, although that is probably a function of rising values, so...

Anyway, I would definitely be into some of the other cars on the list, especially the 1st gen Isuzu Impulse / Nero. I used to see one here in Charlotte at an apartment complex, but I haven't been by that way in awhile. There is also a near perfect Dodge Rampage in a neighborhood nearby that I occasionally think about asking the owner about. But then I remember that I have way too many cars as is.

Jalop is definitely into Starquests...

I know of only a couple in about a 50 mile radius, 25 year old sports car. They have either been rodded and wrecked or just rusted away. It's a dieing breed that wasn't in huge numbers to begin with. That is why I like the car. Rarely do I see them up here in the rust belt.

Eh, they are rather hard to find, maybe not as hard as an SVO, but, in comparison to mustangs, civics, integra's, and all those cars that are a dime a dozen and seen everywhere our cars are rare and "impossible to find" (in perspective).

I spotted a celica GT4 (http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/2843853768.html) which I think is a pretty damn hard to find car, at least around here. Maybe not the most desirable car for anyone, but still a diamond in the rough.

I could think of a few cars other than a CRX or Acura Legend to put in that list.

Yeah, I agree with Mike_StarionTSI, that they probably mean hard to find relative to same-era Mustangs or 90s era civics and integras, which are the common choice of budget fun car builds. That Celica looks interesting, by the way. That era Celica are cars that you don't see as much of now.

There's probably a couple dozen of them around here (not counting my own stash), and I'd say at least 6 of them are for sale, so they're not too hard to find down here. However, when I lived in MI they were very hard to find because with MI being the US car capitol, there weren't even many Mitsu. dealerships in the state until the 90's. The Chrysler dealerships sold most SQs, but even then something that was "Imported for Chrysler" was frowned on a bit.

Some cool cars on that list. I also had a 1987 Scirocco 16V so I was glad to see those make the list too. I had a couple friends with Rampages and those Fiat things too.

I know of 4 within 50 miles of me. And one of them looks like a decent fiji that is simply sitting under a tree in the back of some yard. And that really ticks me off...

There's probably a couple dozen of them around here (not counting my own stash), and I'd say at least 6 of them are for sale, so they're not too hard to find down here. However, when I lived in MI they were very hard to find because with MI being the US car capitol, there weren't even many Mitsu. dealerships in the state until the 90's. The Chrysler dealerships sold most SQs, but even then something that was "Imported for Chrysler" was frowned on a bit.

Some cool cars on that list. I also had a 1987 Scirocco 16V so I was glad to see those make the list too. I had a couple friends with Rampages and those Fiat things too.

Ditto on the 87 Scirocco. Silver over black. Still miss that car tho I don't know if I could fit in it.

Seems like there's only a few on the road around here. Most that I've seen are either sitting or (like mine) under construction.

I could definitely think of some better cars for that list. Like a Nissan 200SX, the S12 kind not the sedan.

I have owned four of those "hard to find" cars. My friend has a couple of those LeCars at his shop, running driving.

A Legend hard to find? The junk yards are littered with them, you can find em all over craigslist also.