Will DSM injectors work with a Magna intake?

PureInsanity is using a set of 550's out of my old 4G63 Laser (stock rail) before I went to 850's and aftermarket rail so I say yes. I don't know if he had to search out new o-rings or not but I know for a fact he was using/is still using my old injectors.

PureInsanity is using a set of 550's out of my old 4G63 Laser (stock rail) before I went to 850's and aftermarket rail so I say yes. I don't know if he had to search out new o-rings or not but I know for a fact he was using/is still using my old injectors.

yup jonboy is right. ive been running those 550's for quite a while and they fit perfectly. i went and got o rings for your typical mustang and actually had to use some stp to slick it all up and get them to pop in.

yea technology, i think you been wrong about that one.

• Like 1

The Magna fuel rail is best suited for domestic size injectors. DSM injectors are skinnier on the O ring and seat.

If you're getting them new, you're better off buying the domestic size.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/squaddy11/Delphidomectic.jpg

Domestic, larger O ring

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/squaddy11/dsminj.jpg

DSM, smaller O ring injectors

• 3 weeks later...

Magna = 14 mm O-ring AKA common domestic injectors

DSM = 11 mm O-ring AKA common import.

If there are DSM's that use the 14 mm Oring, than they too will work, but I thought all DSM's were the 11's. Stock TBI's are 11mm for example.

Keep in mind that its the little o-ring that keeps fuel from squirting out. Pressure at the o-rings exceed 50psi under full boost. I don't like experimenting with things as such.

A little squirt on the hot side and its BBQ time.

• 2 weeks later...

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in <b>/home/starque/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php</b> on line <b>1155</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/home/starque/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php</b> on line <b>1157</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/starque/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:1155) in <b>/home/starque/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php</b> on line <b>304</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/starque/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:1155) in <b>/home/starque/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php</b> on line <b>307</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/starque/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:1155) in <b>/home/starque/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php</b> on line <b>308</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/starque/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:1155) in <b>/home/starque/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php</b> on line <b>309</b><br />

Magna = 14 mm O-ring AKA common domestic injectors

DSM = 11 mm O-ring AKA common import.

If there are DSM's that use the 14 mm Oring, than they too will work, but I thought all DSM's were the 11's. Stock TBI's are 11mm for example.

Sorry not trying to jack here but Chad will DSM injectors fit inside the TBI setup? I have FIP setup on my car and want to run E 85 so I need bigger injectors. Thanks everyone.