uregent help needed

The Rabbit1

Wow, that changes everything Cal, this whole topic has been ruined by that change. No one else has ever done that, we should ban him for that for sure to set an example.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that changes everything Cal, this whole topic has been ruined by that change. No one else has ever done that, we should ban him for that for sure to set an example.

Chad,

I'm holding you to that. And don't act factitious or sarcastic towards me. I don't do it to you, so don't do it to me. Why would a respected site such as SQC allow members to change other members posts??? Chad, How would you like it if I mixed words and changed your post to me? I don't think you would like it, and most likely, I would be banned or suspended for doing so.You as a moderator should not enable others to do it to me. I am not playing around. I'm dead serious.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

he's not changing your post bill, it's making fun of you with sarcasim, it's one step below Ad Hominem which you frequently enjoy using yourself.

watch:

Chad,

I'm holding you to that. Why would a respected site such as SQC allow members to change other members posts???

Bill

Chad,

I'm holding your hand and wispering sweet poems in your ear. Why would a respected site such as SQC allow members to do any less for you???

love; Bill

It's easy to do, you try it.

he's not changing your post bill, it's making fun of you with sarcasim, it's one step below Ad Hominem which you frequently enjoy using yourself.

watch:

It's easy to do, you try it.

Chad,

Your not funny. You are suppose to be a independent non bias member on this site. Being a moderator does not give you the right to act sarcastic or facetious towards me. I have never changed any members post on this site as long as I have been here (since 2002) You may think this is funny, I don't. I respect you, and expect the same in kind.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

But, It is the truth.

Bill

is it?

You said "maybe". Is it maybe, or the truth?

better yet, it it relevant, truth or not?

If it were true, wouldn't he then be an expert on what not to do, and thus have first hand epxeriance about the dangers of an impropperly oiled engine and comprimised oiling systems, such as a dented pan? I don't see any logic in your approach.

Look up ad hominem and think about it a little more.

um,,,,,,,,,,,ok,,,,,,,,,, i have removed the pan before while figuring out if i damaged some bearings. i removed all the pan bolts, remove the 4 sway-bar bolts, you dont have to remove the bar just let it hang. slide pan over to the side, remove the pickup tube and it comes right out......... for a quickly grab a rubber mallet and an additional hammer. place rubber mallet inside the pan "circle" and smack it with the other hammer. to get a "MAJORITY" of the dent out. silicone the old gasket the best you can,,,,,,,,,, reattach and check the for sale section or post a WTB...... to total time about 20 min..... just a thought. Edited by wrngwae

is it?

You said "maybe". Is it maybe, or the truth?

better yet, it it relevant, truth or not?

If it were true, wouldn't he then be an expert on what not to do, and thus have first hand epxeriance about the dangers of an impropperly oiled engine and comprimised oiling systems, such as a dented pan?

You are going on pure spectulation. You, I and others don't know how badly he dented his oil pan. I told him to fire it up and see if he had oil pressure. He did and had it. So, the next step is to see if it has it on increased RPMs. Chad, If it shows oil pressure on Idle, most likely it will show it on higher RPMs. Denting a oil pan is not the "end of the world" as some have portrayed it. I have ran a dented pan on a 396 ci engine. Did I blow the motor?..NO. Did I respond to Techs post and say that I would fix it? Yes.But, having a dented Oil Pan will not make the heavens fall. Boosting will increase the RPMs in order for Rabbit to see if the Oil Pressure increases. It should, especially if he saw normal oil pressure at idle. You guys are making a big deal about a nothing issue. Good for you. P.S. If the pick up tube was dislodged, or if the O-Ring was out of place, or if the Pick up tube was smashed against the bottom of the oil pan, not cycling oil. You would see it on initial start up. Running it at higher RPMs (ON BOOST) will tell you if your suffering from a lack of oil on pick up by reading the oil pressure gauge..You either get it or not. I'm not here to explain it to you guys anymore. Especially after some of the responses I got. You can all do what you want. I'm about finished with trying to help any of you anymore. I really have enjoyed helping members over the past 10 years. But lately, It seems like they don't want to listen to experienced members. So newbies, go for it. I'm about done.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

and you are going on pure speculation that the dented pan hasn't constricted the pickup. If it idles with good pressure, that does not mean it will be able to flow adequate volume at higher RPM's.

As RPM's increase, so does flow at the mouth of the pickup. If it's constricted, the pump will simply be unable to keep up. if the seal at the pump end of the pickup has been disturbed, it will likely flow at idle OK, but not at WOT when the vacuum in the tube increases due to the increased flow demands of the pump, it is at that point that air will be drawn past the seal.

By the time it becomes apparent on the stock oil pressure gage, the bearings have already been starved of oil for a while. Trying to rev the motor in the driveway won't show much useful info either since the stock gage is very slow to respond. again, but the time it shows, it's already too late.

It's a risk. One you are willing to gamble with, and many of us are not willing to advise. The owner of the car should be well advised of the risks, not just told "yah, if idle pressure on the stock gage says it's OK, you are good to go". That's not good/complete advice. The stock gage shouldn't be trusted, period.

I have ran a dented pan on a 396 ci engine. Did I blow the motor?..NO.

But you took a risk. You ran the engine in this condition while you diagnosed the issue. It may have resulted in a loss of oil pressure and caused harm in the engine.

That is all that we are trying to point out...is potentially ruining the engine worth the risk? Is the couple hour job worth hitching a ride to work for a few weeks while you rebuild?

Kevin

wouldn't runnign at higher RPM's off-boost make more sense? There is far less load on the motor at 6000 RPM in 1st gear down hill at -7 PSI, than at 6000 RPM in 4th up-hill at +11 PSI. A lot less. Your boost annalogy is flawed.

As PRM's increase, so do the demands on that O-ring, and the flow capacity at the mouth of the pickup. That's got nothing to do with boost. Idle testing is just a quick check tot see if its totaly and completely FUBAR'd. Boosting it to "be sure" is foolish.

and you are going on pure speculation that the dented pan hasn't constricted the pickup. If it idles with good pressure, that does not mean it will be able to flow adequate volume at higher RPM's.

By the time it becomes apparent on the stock oil pressure gage, the bearings have already been starved of oil for a while.

Get real Chad. Others are speculating that the oil pan dent smashed the hell out of the pick up tube. After all, Rabbit said that he only mashed it down appox. a 1/2 inch. I already stated in a earlier post that I would fix it. But, you Chad are speculating about the stock oil pressure gauge being accurate. It takes more than a few seconds without oil pressure to spin rod or main bearings. If your trying to make yourself look good, and me to look bad, Fine. I have nothing to prove to any of you. My car has runs fine. You don't see my posting for help on SQC. Can most of you here make that same statement?

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

wouldn't runnign at higher RPM's off-boost make more sense? There is far less load on the motor at 6000 RPM

Running a Turbocharged car off boost to make increased RPMs??????? You have got to be kidding. Unless you disconnect and plug the Wastegate hose. I have seen this quite often lately: "6000 RPM" figure from members. Number one: If your pushing your engine to 6,000 rpms,You better have the modifications to do it. If not, you will be posting about a blown motor. Hey, my engine will do 7,000 rpms safely, and i'm not B.S.ing ( See my signature below). Some of you are just begging to blow the hell out of your engine without the proper modifications. P.S. Just because the Tach. on our cars has a red line at 6,000 RPMs doesn't mean you can do it. Most members can only take their cars to between 5200 and 5500 rpms. Remember this: These cars are between 23 to 29 years old. And without upgrades and modifications...6,000 RPMs??? It's on you.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Speculating? I've done it. I have the stock gage and an autometer hooked up to the same port with a "T" fitting. The stock gage sucks balls for accuracy and rate of change. You are speculating that the stock gage is accurate and responsive. It is neither. I am not the only one that knows this fact.

So you don't have any roads where you live? you can't make your car run 6000 RPM's with no boost? Fine, try it at 4000 RPM's. Slowly get up to speed, say 30 in 1st then let off the gas completely. won't take any boost to get there, and has conciderable vacuum once you let off the throttle. Youl'll have full RPM's and never seen boost,and full oil pressure will have been acchieved for the test. Try it before you knock it. Doing this puts almost zero load on the motor/bearings. What is the load on the beairng at +11PSi vs -14? almost tripple?

there isn't much more than a half inch between the pickup and pan, if it was crushed a half inch, I'd say it's a bad idea to start boosting to "try it out".

This thread got alot funnier with cal's whining about me. He can't logically argue with me so he has to go on a personal attack and spread lies to make himself seem right. Cal is a spitefull person who is going to get himself banned again eventually.

I was invited back to mesquite 2011 but I didn't have the $ for the trip.

I have never blown up a SQ

you can't make your car run 6000 RPM's with no boost?

Chad,

Just keep feeding the members the notion that they can run their cars to 6000 rpms. I won't do that, it just invites some of them whos engines aren't capable of it to follow your advice. Bad advice is no advice.

Bill

I don't condone driving the car at all, said that in the beginning. You feel the need to "prove it on the road with boost" I say if you must prove it, no need to booost the crap out of it while you are at it.

Indy,

Scotty GIbb, or the Scotty that lives in Virginia? We have way to many Scottys on this site :lol:

Bill

There can't be too many Scotty Gibbs and if I could charge up a few old cell phones I'd find his #. The reason he moved, or his wife was here for a few weeks had something to do with the military and I thought he was moving to Texas they lived with some riends or family across the street from the HarleyDavidson dealer. Its been awhile since I talked to him but he was living in Texas at that time and I remember more than once his phone butt dialed me. This was like 6 years ago. I remember he had a dog and she was waiting to grill steaks and we were talking too long. I don't think he had been married very long either. He was pulling the gold cars motor apart and I think its turbo was dead. It was the first and last time I saw that gold color, it was an 86? flatsider with a cloth interior? and a respray if I remember that right and I was driving a black 86WB and I think Kurt was with me. He lived down a deadend street nearly across from the entrance to ORP, at that time was IRP. (Orielly raceway park) If you ask him I'm sure he will remember.

I was invited back to mesquite 2011 but I didn't have the $ for the trip.

BY WHO???? Not from any of the members I talked to after Mesquite 2010. And that was most of them who attended. Get use to it Jeff, you have zero people skills. If you change your attitude......People might like you in person.

Bill

Haha... how does it fall in the middle of lifting?? You have a fully lubricated cross member??

-Robert

I did say I had an oil leak, seems like it was the oil pan gasket actually, so it needed replacing

I've seen that happen. Oily crossmember and an jack that doesn't roll very well. As you lift it the jack starts sliding across the crossmember. If you don't notice it the jack ends up on the oil pan. Hasn't happened to me yet and hopefully it never will.

this.

like I said in another post, my low profile jack doesn't have big teeth like my 4 ton jack, that's why it slipped.

BY WHO???? Not from any of the members I talked to after Mesquite 2010. And that was most of them who attended. Get use to it Jeff, you have zero people skills. If you change your attitude......People might like you in person.

Bill

It's funny to see the lengths you will go to trying to make yourself look right. People skills?? Try this, I've never been banned from here. But you at one point have been banned from almost every SQ website.

I don't condone driving the car at all, said that in the beginning. You feel the need to "prove it on the road with boost" I say if you must prove it, no need to booost the crap out of it while you are at it.

Maybe me equating boost with RPMs threw a few members off. I was looking at high RPMs which to me equals high boost. Anyway, I hear that Rabbit pulled the oil pan. Good choice. I was just wanting to see if he had oil pressure at Idle and on Boost. Members seemed to want to take this opportunity to jump on me. Well, sorry guys. I still don't think I gave bad advice.

Bill

It's funny to see the lengths you will go to trying to make yourself look right. People skills?? Try this, I've never been banned from here. But you at one point have been banned from almost every SQ website.

So, what does you post mean? It sure in the hell doesn't have anything to do with how most members felt about you after meeting you in person at Mesquite 2010. I won't mention names, they can speak for themselves if they wish to, but several members didn't like the way you just interrupted their conversations when they were giving advice. And all the members that you did that to agreed that you gave false or misleading information to the newer members that were there. Jeff, I don't make this crap up. I got along with members at Mesquite 2010 that I thought I would never get along with. Except you.

Bill

can you guys quit arguing here, take it to a pm or somewhere else, this is a thread to help someone with their issue.

if you put the car on ramps, or keep the suspension loaded, you dont have to pull the sway bar to drop the pan. be sure when replacing the gasket btw not to put much of any rtv on it, t will blow oil by it