Spray Chrome

yokomo

i love this comment listed below the video LOL. -

Great trick photography to make it look like he was spraying something. Amazing what they can do with computers to trick people.Likely a non-existant product...just a big joke!!!!!Jay...or whoever looks after the website, if the guy with the product is an actor and this is a joke, time to take it down

so its a non-existant product yet you just ordered it LOL -- SOOOO FAKE :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ALSA paint mfg makes a chrome paint that is fantastic but the heat is an issue and will degrage in gloss after some time.They also make some heat sensitive paint that changes color with temps.Pretty cool stuff check em out.

gig out

I've seen this product work several times (Ryan and the crew did an entire Audi R8 on West Coast Customs "Tron Legacy") and I also sawit used on some Jay Leno car enthusiast show as well. Amazing stuff and yes...it does work! But the temps would concern me as well. WTH, it's worth a shot.

-N8

• 2 weeks later...

Man! Being a car site this you would think this is old news. Do none of you guys watch F1? That stuff has been on the McLarens for years.

LOL... woah everyone step back and bow to Mr. Know It All... too bad you didn't read clearly, he said he bought some and was sharing it with others.

-Robert

• 5 months later...
The west cost A8 was done by a professional chroming company and if I am not mistaken a chrome car is illegal so it is for show purposes only as it was done for Monster Cable. Edited by Skippy

It is not a vinyl wrap, but actually sprayed on. The process is really quite interesting, and takes a true professional to get it right, since the stuff is so hard to do. The R8 was actually done for the movie Tron Legacy, but the owner of Monster Cable (who is a big car guy and customer of West Coast Customs), offered up his car to be the basis of the Tron build.

If y'all had the Velocity Channel, you'd already know this. If you don't, get it. I think it's the best TV channel ever created.

http://megatunados.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Audi-R8-Tron-by-West-Coast-Customs_5.jpg

It is not a vinyl wrap, but actually sprayed on. The process is really quite interesting, and takes a true professional to get it right, since the stuff is so hard to do.

Yeah I am still amazed watching the videos of that process on youtube and such. I looked into the startup costs of those systems and got sticker shocked badly, lol.

BC_99

Yeah I am still amazed watching the videos of that process on youtube and such. I looked into the startup costs of those systems and got sticker shocked badly, lol.

BC_99

You ain't kidding. One of my customers was interested in financially backing me to start up something like this....until I told him how much it cost LOL. To be honest, I'm not sure I would have wanted to even if he did want to spend that kind of coin. I'm not sure I'm THAT talented LOL. Even after startup costs and training, you know you're gonna blow thousands of dollars in re-work getting enough practice to be good.