widebody starquests are the best looking cars ever made.

Mech

I think for a cheap buy-in car the Starquest is one of the best looking cars. It has a really balanced look to it and some design cues that stand out when compared to a lot of other cars below $5K or so. There are some other good ones, but I'd place the Starquest in the top 10 and it is certainly one of the more rare cars. What's more it has some interesting history which I think adds to the car. Under the hood they are a bit behind the times in places. They show their age. But what can be done considering their limits is pretty impressive. They are a livable old car that sheds its age well. They look classic, without being a well known design; So it isn't really boring or old looking.

Still in love with this car (interior is not that impressive, unfortunately)

Neither is the a/c or the fact your feet catch on fire after 15 minutes of driving or the reverse parking or the gear lever is near impossible.....with all that said I would buy one in a heart beat..

Oh that magical sound....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFB6FfaNQ40

Edited by BrazilBoy

had 2 new conquests in 1989 for demo's and loved the looks then,,,, bought first one in 1999, a one owner low miles from a mechanic fellow employee and loved the looks then ....had it 2 years before "flipping it" ....no not selling it ..totaling it !!!! bought its "twin" in 2009 and lovin it still..... I have had more cars than I can remember (hemis 440s 340s)but I think these cars were the coolest "out of the box" that I have ever owned and I drove many a new car as I was a Chrysler parts manager for 20 plus years I a now 63 and still get fast driving awards in my STARQUEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One things for sure. You either love these cars and their body style to death...Or you hate them. I think the Starquest owners who sell their car after a short period of time....Hate them :lol: :lol:

Bill

No other cars compare to the aggressive look of the conquest. They got the meanest look from no matter what angle. My favorite is through a rear view mirror. So intimidating... maybe that's why it seems EVERYBODY i get behind wants to slow down below the speed limit. am i the only one who has this problem?

Truth is, i owe this car alot for teaching me so much about mechanics/ and all the stuff i do. If my dad hadn't of giving it to me when i was 13 i wouldn't be the same person today. Over 10 years later i still have the same car, we been through alot........ it must be love :wub:

Edited by maxboost87

No no no! L05 Ftw! Lol jkay. Yea I can say that these cars have incredible styling. .I do love em. I can honestly say that for the price, these cant be beat.

i still love my shetland beige, ill shall have it painted that color again 1 day

No other cars compare to the aggressive look of the conquest. They got the meanest look from no matter what angle. My favorite is through a rear view mirror. So intimidating... maybe that's why it seems EVERYBODY i get behind wants to slow down below the speed limit. am i the only one who has this problem?

Truth is, i owe this car alot for teaching me so much about mechanics/ and all the stuff i do. If my dad hadn't of giving it to me when i was 13 i wouldn't be the same person today. Over 10 years later i still have the same car, we been through alot........ it must be love :wub:

after they aare lowered a little. i cant stand stock height on them lol

I hate fieros, I remeber years ago one caught fire whn it was parked next to my dads turbo colt and burned the colts bumper. The fieros magnesium wheels melted to the asphault too lol

The starquest is cool but my all time favorite cars are the shelby cobra and pantera.

I hate fieros, I remeber years ago one caught fire whn it was parked next to my dads turbo colt and burned the colts bumper. The fieros magnesium wheels melted to the asphault too lol

The starquest is cool but my all time favorite cars are the shelby cobra and pantera.

Scooter,

I almost bought a Pantera in 1977. But at $12,500.00, it was a lot of money and my live-in girlfriend said NO (After all, she paid half of the bills). Back then you could buy a house for that amount of money. I'm still kicking myself in the ... for not doing it :D

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

I take my boys out to a local car show every week. When I drive my black 88 daily driver conquest, I usually park it close to but not fully in with the show cars. Last week, the show got bigger and bigger and my car got mixed in with all of the 60's muscle cars, late model sports cars, hot rods, etc. There was a brand new ZR1 corvette parked on one side of me, a modified 1970 GTO on the other side, etc. I had people walk right past the the other cars and come up to my car, ask questions, etc. Literally some of them didn't even pause at the vete or GTO! I found that incredible. My $2500 daily driver beater complete with door dings, some rust, faded paint, etc. was that appealing....even more than an $80K car.

To answer the original post....it's all a matter of opinion. But it my mind, I fully agree.

While the SQ is my favorite car in the world, and I plan to own many of them for the rest of my life, I am realistic enough to know they're is no way that it's the best looking car ever. Best looking car of the 80's? Maybe. Best looking Japaneese car? Possibly. Best looking car ever? Not a chance. The Italians have made too many good looking cars. Edited by Burton