BOV or no BOV?

ColdScrip

well, run the BOV. since, if you're concerned about mileage, that means you wouldn't be flooring it, which means you wouldn't be building boost, which means you don't need to worry about running rich between shifts killing your gas mileage, because if you're not building boost, there's not going to much for the BOV to blow off.

follow the logic?

theres absolutely no real debate. if you are concerned about reliability, and you plan on sometimes 'wasting fuel' by driving heavy footed, then the reliability of a BOV and the chance of it sticking greatly outweighs the failure that would occur from bad compressor surge. compressor surge shortens the life of the turbo. so either you replace turbos or you replace a sticking BOV.

I got 16.5mpg on the highway last time I checked. I'm sure it's worse now, but alot of it has to do with how fast you go and how quickly you get to that speed. I can't drive...55. Dah dah dah dah, dananana, dah danananaaaaaa *air guitar*!

well, run the BOV. since, if you're concerned about mileage, that means you wouldn't be flooring it, which means you wouldn't be building boost, which means you don't need to worry about running rich between shifts killing your gas mileage, because if you're not building boost, there's not going to much for the BOV to blow off.

follow the logic?

theres absolutely no real debate. if you are concerned about reliability, and you plan on sometimes 'wasting fuel' by driving heavy footed, then the reliability of a BOV and the chance of it sticking greatly outweighs the failure that would occur from bad compressor surge. compressor surge shortens the life of the turbo. so either you replace turbos or you replace a sticking BOV.

The stock fuel system turns off the injectors when you let go of the throttle at high rpm. The nose switch is partially responsible for that. When I shift at high rpm setting off my BOV my AFR goes full lean.

Heh you guys crack me up :P

The stock fuel system turns off the injectors when you let go of the throttle at high rpm. The nose switch is partially responsible for that. When I shift at high rpm setting off my BOV my AFR goes full lean.

Thats monitoring a "somewhat" stock system I'm assuming? No translator or anything?

ahhhhhh my nose switch is INOP!! that explains why i get crazy fireballs out the tailpipe on decel =) thanks!

I ran a basically stock car with out one for many years. Same with my truck. Nothing bad ever happened. I would think mileage would be slightly better. But maybe not enough to really notice.Pretty sure the average stockesh car would run better with out all that air leaking in and out.