• 131-140
    • 141-150
    • 151-160
    • 161-170
    • 171-180
    • 181-190
    • 191-199
    • 200+

not as brave as some of you guys, but I've done 100 mph in my quest, got really nervous about law enforcement. It's just not worth getting caught and since I have a teenage driver in the family I have to practice what I preach.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

man how was it on a sportbike?

Honestly? Pretty scary. It's not bad when youre doing it in an open area like an interstate, but a two lane country road with trees down both sides, and not knowing if anything was going to come flying out of the trees like deer or birds is a little nerve racking. I've done both, but even going that fast in an open area you realize pretty quickly that if something happens at that speed you will be in bad shape. 170 was about as ballsy as I got. I think my bike would have gone 175 or 180, but 170 was enough for me. A friend of mine who had a decked out Hyabusa liked to do 200+ at least once a week, he said it kept him regular LOL.

136 in an audi I rented when in Germany (wish we had no speed limit highways where there's nothing out there but the road ahead of you)

120 in my '87 Quest, I do hit many 100+ short runs but then fear of getting a ticket spoils the fun and I back off right away.

Ticket or the "pokey" for the SQ?

. ^_^

Yeah, I got a ticket. I got enough speeding tickets to lose my license twice. I cant afford that stuff anymore although I do get frisky a little now and then briefly.

Anybody who says they've done more than ~145mph in a Conquest is lying. They are gear limited to approximately that much. Anything higher...your redlining the hell out of it.

unless of course if your in an auto car.

Haha, redlining. At 6k you're doing 146MPH, 6,150 is 150MPH. (225/50's) You can more accurately gauge your speed by the tachometer, and knowing your tire sizes.

-Robert

It would be sketchy as hell to be cranking the engine at 6000rpms for any extended period of time, under a load. To be flooring it longer, however long it would take to get to 6150rpm for an extra 5mph more is not worth a rod through the block.

If your tune is on point, and you have the ballz (according to bmx152 haha) then you shouldn't have rods going through blocks. Maybe if the engine was balls slow, and took a while to get the car up to that speed it would be sketchy. Mine got up there easily.

-Robert

I did 125 in my 88 yellow quest and 135 in my 87 leaving ft worth tx.i believe the yellow 88 would have done the whole 150 by the speedo.

i did 140 ish in the quest.racing a guy that lives down near jimmy, on the way back from one of the jimmy meets. neither of us actually looked at the speedo and we were just playing around. when we got back to jimmys we discussed it and both agreed we were doing 120-125 and we accelerated well past that point. so we both kind of agreed something like 140+ maybe closer to 150 but truth be told, we dont know how fast we went.

When i first bought my quest (40k on the clock) I just put in a K&N, added a S16G and 3" exhaust, hit 145mph several times. Very scary.

Growing older I now do not feel comfortable at speeds more than 100 or so unless I am on a sanctioned area. BUT it sure is fun as heck getting up to 100 quick as shite though.

Here is a link to a similar disussion about the top speed of a Starquest that posted in the past year. I had to even eat crow in it.!! :blush: :rolleyes:

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=95550&hl=muskogee&st=0

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Edited by Starfighterpilot

Well, about a couple of weeks ago me and a buddy went to see a concert near my house in Rochester. The concert was on a Tuesday (Black Label Society, Children of Bodom, and Clutch) and we needed to be back up for classes on Wednesday, so it ended up becoming sort of a quick day trip for us. We departed from my house after the show at about 2:30 in the morning, so all of the roads were completely deserted. Well, along the way back up to college there is this somewhat long flat straight stretch of I-90 around the Montezuma Wildlife Refuge, and there happened to be absolutely no cars on the road at this point. I decided that I would just see what the old girl had in her (with encouragement from my friend), so I floored it, and decided to let up at about 133mph (roughly) because I needed a new pair of undershorts. The other times that deserve honorable mention that I was in triple digit speeds include hitting 120mph in a silver 2007 Chevrolet Impala base sedan then later wondering why the speed limiter didn't kick in, and 107 in a red 2001 Chevrolet Venture (father was in the car, jokingly asked him what the top speed of it was, to which he replied "Let's find out!")