SO what is the status of your Starquest?

DryBear

54 members have voted

1. 1. What role(s) does your Starquest play?

• Daily Driver
    • Weekend Fun Toy
    • Autocrosser
    • Supadorifto!
    • Drag Strip Runner
    • Jackstand Racing

After reading the "parted vs running" cars thread, I was wondering what the state of the non-parts cars Starquests.

Is it your daily driver that you also hoon at the track, or just something you drive for fun?

My Starion is my daily driver for my work commute, but I haven't taken it to the track yet.

Sundays i check the fluids, fire them up , drive them all around the block and put them back in the garage or the back of my house and repeat.

Do the occasional car show now and then , thats about it . :)

Well, I have used mine as dailys over the past few years as they have come and gone. Right now I have one on jackstands which is pretty close to being road ready. I just want to do everything once and do it right so im taking my sweet time :) She will be my daily (when I can afford the gas ;))

I also have 3 parts cars, 2 of which are more or less stripped all the way.

Sundays i check the fluids, fire them up , drive them all around the block and put them back in the garage or the back of my house and repeat.

Do the occasional car show now and then , thats about it . http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

The number of SQ's my brother has that takes from sunrise to sunset every Sunday.http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

My red 86 is my DD most of the time. When Scotty brings the black 88 back to NC in 3 weeks that will be for weekend/show use.

Colinhttp://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

Edited by colingibb

I find that my car works better as that weekend nice car.

It's not that I don't trust it, I personally think that my Starion is likely one of the most dependable examples to be found.......

But why risk the rigors of daily driving after all that effort? Someone could mash it, parts acquisitions take a bit of time, anything could happen. Much better to have something easily replaced for the daily chores. Mercury Grand Marquis' fit that bill nicely, since they seem to be a dime a dozen.

It's like having a Casio for your daily watch, and a Breitling for when you go out.

Tim

None of the above, I dont DD my 89 fiji, but I could until it needed fixing again. When my shop is finished (next month), its getting a new head from dad and hopefully, then it will be dd worthy. I drive it around town as it is, but I dont wanna beat it into the ground since it keeps killin valve seals.

BC_99

I used to daily drive mine. Then I got a company truck and now I only drive it on weekends and trips to the store during the week. But at the moment it's on jackstands getting the suspension and steering upgraded. Should be driving again soon.

right now mines in storage since house burnt down and i had np place too keep it but normally since getting it completly redone bye cyberquest is a carshow or cruisein only car now

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/vcyberbob/tman/t8004.jpg

Edited by Tman

dd mine while constantly trying to replace everything to make the car as sound as possible. I'm almost done with the drivetrain and working on suspension now. seems to be a bigger task than the drivetrain did...lol How about them aluminum nissan radiators??..will need one before next summer.

weekend fun. Since I put between 1000 and 2500 (yes, for real I drove 2600 last week) miles a week on my work truck, i don't have any time to drive the quest. But I have put 8k on it in the last year.