Who are the REAL mods of SQC?

Coke

not that anyone cares what i think

buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

as i have told jimmy many many times i think that all mods should have too log in and help on the boards at least 3 times a week unless summin major in there lives is happening such as death in family , house burn down ect ect ect

just my 2.6 cents worth

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not that anyone cares what i think

buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

as i have told jimmy many many times i think that all mods should have too log in and help on the boards at least 3 times a week unless summin major in there lives is happening such as death in family , house burn down ect ect ect

just my 2.6 cents worth

I have seen Jimmy on many occasions helping members out in the VM and AVM Forums along with cleaning up all B.S. that goes on around here.I wouldn't want his job ;)

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Hi Monty!

It's like a reunion seeing this thread.

most mods are not active anymore

Sure new mods could be added. Here is the problem we have with that. Jimmy and the other people actually running the site need to decide whom to consider to be mods. I KNOW member voting will not be considered, this site is not a democracy nor is it high school government class.

I have no idea who is on enough that they read every thread on the boards. That is really what is needed. I did so for YEARS and enjoyed it. I have since moved on. I enjoy poking around the BS forum. I help out with VM stuff through PM's but really I have lost vast amounts of knowledge so I can't rip off things from the top of my head on troubleshooting.

I Jimmy and the others need help they know how to go about getting it.

right. this is a solution looking for a problem. even the OP couldn't say why he wanted things to change other than he thought the mods should be around more. if jimmy needs help he'll ask. what differences in the site would you expect to see with mods that are 'around' more?

in other words, what do you think is wrong with the site now and how would new, more present mods fix those problems? i haven't seen one good answer to that question.

I agree with the intent of this thread. If your looking for moderators stepping down to nominate someone then let me be the first... Ulrich should be considered. He would respond well to the insta-hate from that comes with the position and generally has a balanced mind.

Thanks, Monty. I'm not hard to find if they want to consider that.

Tim

This thread is dumb....

just kidding

I agree with the intent of this thread. If your looking for moderators stepping down to nominate someone then let me be the first... Ulrich should be considered. He would respond well to the insta-hate from that comes with the position and generally has a balanced mind.

x2 Tim is a fair and stand up guy all around...

This thread is dumb....

just kidding

I also, agree that Ulrich Wolf would make a fantastic Moderator on SQC. He's full of knowledge, experience, and has a fair way of thinking.

right. this is a solution looking for a problem. even the OP couldn't say why he wanted things to change other than he thought the mods should be around more. if jimmy needs help he'll ask. what differences in the site would you expect to see with mods that are 'around' more?

in other words, what do you think is wrong with the site now and how would new, more present mods fix those problems? i haven't seen one good answer to that question.

I'd like the site more organized so people can find solutions to problems easier, instead of making 100,000+ "cutting out at 3000rpm" threads. Seriously...come on.

Plus...Jimmy seems to be the only "police" here. He's got really big shoes to fill...if he had a hand, the whole site would be better and his stress level will drop. I've heard Jimmy say that his responsibilities give him headaches and such. For HEALTH problems to be caused, due to moderating a forum....there is simply something wrong. It's a website...not professional employer.

Tim and Robert aka komeuppance could be a positive addition to the moderating staff. Chad helps but it is generally behind the scenes so members don't realize it. Part of the issue is this is normally voted on by the moderators and ryddler and there is little participation there and I don't want to make decisions by myself, it is not my site.

Jimmy

Part of the issue is this is normally voted on by the moderators and ryddler and there is little participation there and I don't want to make decisions by myself, it is not my site.

Jimmy

This seems to highlight a problem.

Edited by Coke

Tim sent this to Ryddler with an ultimatum. He refused to go back to SQC. We made him a moderator on 26liter for our Midwest Forum. He has since turned his back on 26liter completely, My 2.6 cents. ~Kate

I'd like to take some time out to personally thank you for posting something like that 2 days before Christmas, the season of cheer.

Removed,

this is someones dirty laundry and a personal conversation that doesn't need to be made public. The content is fine but the motives behind posting it aren't.

LOL.... People like "that" were the first step of me taking a step back. To clarify "wife" problems were not the reason i stepped back (although i did go through a divorce it was an easy and mutual split in which we are still very close friends.. i would guess my um so called "friend" shared what he thought was the problem as he has been known to do in several other contexts)it was actually devoting the majority of my time to a very demanding and rewarding carrear change. At the young age of 37 i know when its time to filter my involvement in too "many" distractions so that i can focus my efforts. Thats probably why ive been successful in life.... well that and the ability to put things behind me and not dwell on failures of either myself or others. If "some"people learn that lesson in life they may actually be able to improve themselves and actually accomplish things in life. Once they feel the rewards of these accomplishments they may actually see how petty and rediculous it is to rehash others "failures" every time they get a stage.

Speaking as an individual and not on behalf of SQC... that type of post adds no value to the site and did nothing for this topic which was started by a member that had perfectly good intentions. Now im going to go have a cup of coffee, play with the dogs, and have a good laugh at this.

Oh and for the record i never asked to be a Moderator i was called on the phone and asked if i would be interested after the moderator team at the time talked it over. I was and am proud of that, im also proud of the fact that 99.9 percent of everyone ive ever met here im still friends with and look forward to seeing in the future.

Removed, this is someones dirty laundry and a personal conversation that doesn't need to be made public. The content is fine but the motives behind posting it aren't.

Since this appeared to be a job application, I was pointing out that, as a former employer, I would not hire him back. Way to cut and bend my quote to your will Chad. We all know YOUR motives are pure.

Since this appeared to be a job application, I was pointing out that, as a former employer, I would not hire him back. Way to cut and bend my quote to your will Chad. We all know YOUR motives are pure.

If this were a job aplication, then the only people that need to see that are those offering the job: Jimmy, Me, and any other mod that cares to get involved. If your intentions are as you say, you would have sent that to us, and us alone.

Either you are retarded, or you did that out of spite. I don't care to argure which it is, cause either way, it's not going got add anything useful to this site, nor improve the lives of it's membership.

If you really feel these 2 paragraphs tell a strikingly different story and reveal a different intent, please PM me.

Tim sent this to Ryddler with an ultimatum. He refused to go back to SQC. We made him a moderator on 26liter for our Midwest Forum. He has since turned his back on 26liter completely, My 2.6 cents. ~Kate

Tim sent this to Ryddler with an ultimatum. He refused to go back to SQC. We made him a moderator on 26liter for our Midwest Forum. He has since turned his back on 26liter completely, (part of why him and burton now have problems, burton's feeling were a little hurt on how Tim s*** on us after we made him a mod there). Further, I am REALLY pissed off that he walked away from his duties as a moderator on 26liter.us with no notification and is now pining for a position here. My 2.6 cents. ~Kate

To me, the edited paragraph tells the exact same story minus the personal drama. The only real difference I see in the unedited version is that you and Mark are both REALLY pissed at Tim, which would only bias you and your statements (making you look like a whiner).

I edited Tims personal drama as well, since it was of equal value to the topic (none). I did you a favor by editing Tims and your replies, and you are welcome.

If you feel to discuss this topic further, PM me.

Do not bring any more us-vs-them to SQC, we won't allow it.

It took eight pages for Coke's post on page one to come to fruition. I only see this thread going downhill from here. So, in the spirit of the season I am locking this topic. The first topic I have locked in what I would guess to be three years. Take that absentee mod status! If I can remember how to lock it LOL