Import Showdown, Reynolds Ga,.. Nov. 13

JAinsworth

Might be coming down in the new Acura. My car is running fine, but it still has a fuel issue. WOT pulls all the way rich, regardless of how lean I tune my translator. When I come to a complete stop and it idles, it either goes all the way lean, or all the way rich, and after idling about half a minute, it returns to normal. I don't know what the problem is, and I'm sure the car would make it fine, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. If I don't fix the issue, I'll cruise down in the daily.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make sure you have Premium in it this time....I heard about that lame excuse you gave Couth for no ride :D

haha, it wasnt lame, it was true. i got no idea what i was thinking when i filled up. just pulled in and hit the button for 87 like i do in my trucks and then about 17 gallons later it hit me that i needed 93. dohhhh. i thought i would run it out but no such luck. damned mpi gets too good of gas mileage and i went all the way to huntsville and almost back to atlanta on that crappy gas and just having to keep my foot out of it till it was gone. im coming to jimmys in it but its not acting right again, runs well just not performing like it should. pretty sure ive got a leaky exhaust manifold and or cracked manifold. actually i think its a combination of.

I got back in town the Saturday before last.

I'm looking forward to going to the meet at Jimmy's.

Do any of you guys want to convoy down to Jimmy's. If so, where should we meet?

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Edit - I was at the May '10 meet. :) I looked it up.

Edited by Starfighterpilot

You guys crack me up! I was down there a couple of years ago, I think it was. Yeah, becoming a new Dad has really been a life changer for me (for the better). I don't want him to grow up too quick, but I can't wait to show him how to wrench on the ol' Quest one day. :)

Saturday is our 6th wedding anniversary and also our 1st baby's birthday (De, our Boxer), but I'm still planning on making it down. Really looking forward to seeing everyone!

Probably won't be in the Quest, and I'll have to leave early Sunday, but it should be a fun weekend none the less. ;)

I'll try to give you a shout tomorrow, Jonboy.

Ken

You guys crack me up! I was down there a couple of years ago, I think it was. Yeah, becoming a new Dad has really been a life changer for me (for the better). I don't want him to grow up too quick, but I can't wait to show him how to wrench on the ol' Quest one day. :)

Saturday is our 6th wedding anniversary and also our 1st baby's birthday (De, our Boxer), but I'm still planning on making it down. Really looking forward to seeing everyone!

Probably won't be in the Quest, and I'll have to leave early Sunday, but it should be a fun weekend none the less. ;)

I'll try to give you a shout tomorrow, Jonboy.

Ken

ken B, i was just giving you crap, since i hadnt heard from you in awhile. man if your aniversary and all that is gonna be this weekend, we will let you by not making it to this one. just that we enjoy your company.

The racing will be Saturday from 10am to 6pm. After that we can come back to the house, eat and hang out. On Sunday we'll have coffee for anyone that needs it. Anyone that wants to stay long enough on Sunday to swap the auto tranny in the MMax is welcomed and appreciated.

Ihsan, glad to hear your gonna make it. i was giving ken a hard time about not having been in a while and we really havent seen you in forever.

jimmy, wayne and i can take care of the trans. as long as its not too cold. i dont function so well in the cold.(but we will still get it done) will i need to bring anything?

You know i will be there Jimmy and I'm up for getting your tranny in to and hopefully will be in the red quest if I get the clutch soon enough so I can get it in Tyler will be there we got his fixed yesterday can't wait to see everyone again.

You know i will be there Jimmy and I'm up for getting your tranny in to and hopefully will be in the red quest if I get the clutch soon enough so I can get it in Tyler will be there we got his fixed yesterday can't wait to see everyone again.

tim, i will try and bring a fire extinguisher. p.s. call me soon, i seem to have lost your number.

Ihsan!!!!!! Awesome dude... can't wait to see your face again!

Ihsan, that is great news...don't forget to bring the title with you :)

Seriously, looking forward to seeing you again.

Ihsan, glad to hear your gonna make it. i was giving ken a hard time about not having been in a while and we really havent seen you in forever.

jimmy, wayne and i can take care of the trans. as long as its not too cold. i dont function so well in the cold.(but we will still get it done) will i need to bring anything?

I know. It's been a while.

I can't wait to see you guys.

Ihsan