Heres what I get for trusting a honest guy.

h3r3tic

I'm slightly surprised at how people immediately sided with the one story. I mean, I'm just all about hearing both sides of the story first.

Honestly, you both traded cars. If one's car blew up a month from now, oh well, sucks for you, but it is what it is.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do quality work thank you. I can post many pictures

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/h3r3tic/0527001755.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/h3r3tic/Mobile%20Uploads/0527001819a.jpg

I do quality work thank you.

???

Edited by v8starion

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/h3r3tic/0527001755.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/h3r3tic/Mobile%20Uploads/0527001819a.jpg

???

The way I bought the car. Thats why there was a new harness that came with the car, was going to be replaced before he got the car. Once again I will state. He said he could take care of the the harness and other issues no problems so I gave him everything to fix it.

I guess the point I am trying to make is why on earth if I was trying to "scam" someone would I give them all the parts to fix it, PLUS some to make the car better like the upgraded ignitier box, and ecu? I would of gave him nothing and never popped my head in these forums again.... :sigh:. Like I said think what you want, but if need be I will post everything with pictures I have found all the way down to the cracked tailshaft housing...

Edited by Knight of Mopar

You went along with the trade - you're stuck with it. It's your fault, not the seller/trader. Quit complaining. It doesn't matter if the engine blew up as soon as you turned the key.

If I went back on every car deal I've ever had that turned out to be a bad car I'd be wasting my time for years.

USED CAR. Traded/Sold AS IS. Not his problem anymore. kk thx bye~

as i set here and read this thread it saden's me for one thing common sence seems to be in short supply, i have 2 Conquests at present one an 89 red car with auto trans,, the other a Silver 88 , that needs put back togather and an engine built for it, the a/c and heater have been remove'd to acess a rust spot on the bottom of the windshield , nothing big just a pain in the rear to fix,, in fact none of this was realy need'd and the spot could easily be fix from the out side ,under the black wiper arm trim, and the auto car i know nothing at all about other then it's 90% all there . i have almost every thing to put both cars back on the road , except for maybe injs,,my g-son got rid of all i had

the problem is why fix them up ,no matter what i do the odds of finding a buyer that is has enought common sence to understand he's not buying a new car but one that 20+ years old and he or they will have things to do to make them the way they want them.

to be honest no one can put into a car $2000 to $3000 in costs to repair and then sell them for $1500 , labor is some thing you never get back and if you expect to your only fooling your self ,,these are hobbys not a way to make a liveing

so what do you do with them ?

Today I measured my wheels. I was thought to believe SHP wheel had a Box around the symbol J L.

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/h3r3tic/0610000739a.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/h3r3tic/0610000739.jpg

But there she is. Fresh new rubber. New struts, 18g spooling. Good to go.

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/h3r3tic/0610001339a.jpg

• 1 month later...

you don't measure a wheel lip to lip...you measure bead to bead, or seat, or whatever ya wanna call it.

I think ya shoulda thought before you started this thread...but I also think you shoulda thought before ya traded, as well...but wudda i know?

Idk this thread is finished. I been done with this aside from everything that wasnt described or was told and was wrong. I have replaced almost everything besides the trans which needs to be (that shifted smoother then his srt 4s) and the ebrake cables. I could list 20 more things that were wrong but who cares anymore, I got a sweet tail mint car, with a strong running motor, a ton of upgrades now and new parts that I replaced to make it reliable, Im left with needing a better trans, motor mounts, ebrake and the gm maf conversion Im saving for. Close this thread Im done. I learned a lesson but I think it was a lesson that needed to be learned and people need to be aware also. Its difficult to check out everything on a car you know nothing of in a hour after driving 3 then having to drive another 3 so drop it. You can mock me and call me retarded or whatever for doing it but I guarantee 9 out of 10 people would have probably did the same if they were as hyped up as I was. It took me days to weeks to even figure out half of the stuff I needed to replace or do, so doing that in a half hour would be impossible. I have witnessed friends do stupider things without realizing it and still even just this past week Ive seen it. Im happy with it now, its only money. It comes n goes. I can only spread the word of what to look out for. Thanks sorry to come off as some person just looking to put someone on blast.

I made a ridiculously hasty decision when I bought my orange car, so I understand...I just didn't flame the guy for selling me junk...and that ride was misrepresented, as well

I have an ro4 that a guy is begging me for- Cash in hand and offers that I really can't resist- he hasn't even driven it or started it yet... so if i sell it and it's a lemon, will i be the bad guy getting slammed on here?

Dad

I have an ro4 that a guy is begging me for- Cash in hand and offers that I really can't resist- he hasn't even driven it or started it yet... so if i sell it and it's a lemon, will i be the bad guy getting slammed on here?

Dad

Dad, I think you will not be casted as a bad guy you have help alot of us out. if you do sell him the ro4 it is a as is no waranty and telling him all the things you know about whats wrong and what need attention. You have done your part and once it leaves the lot everything else falls on him.

H3R3TIC - We all make mistakes and no one should hold you agaist that, but I do belive congrats is more in hand on bringing her back to life and she looks good.

H3R3TIC - We all make mistakes and no one should hold you agaist that, but I do belive congrats is more in hand on bringing her back to life and she looks good.

very true, that car looks solid. you can fix the mechanical stuff and hopefully make it a labor of love.

Dad, I think you will not be casted as a bad guy you have help alot of us out. if you do sell him the ro4 it is a as is no waranty and telling him all the things you know about whats wrong and what need attention. You have done your part and once it leaves the lot everything else falls on him.

i think that was meant more like a metaphor.

• 3 months later...

Today I measured my wheels. I was thought to believe SHP wheel had a Box around the symbol J L.

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/h3r3tic/0610000739a.jpg

But there she is. Fresh new rubber. New struts, 18g spooling. Good to go.

J L as in J00 Lie

LMFAO! dead thread back up in this mother!