Heres what I get for trusting a honest guy.

h3r3tic

I'm going to come off as sounding like a giant prick, but I want you to take it seriously, not personally.

1. Sensors are NEVER connected with bare wires. Pop the hood on any car made in the last 50 years, and show me a bare wire connection that the factory did. Anybody who simply twists and tapes a wiring connection is asking for failure.....the resistance is too high. It'll either arc and foul the connection, or worse, catch on fire.

2. I don't have the other side of the story, but please understand that people sell cars for reasons. Some less savory than others. I was going to sell mine to finance a nice Regal T Type. Perfectly fine. Some people sell because it's a headache.

3. If you didn't thoroughly check the car out, you have NO ground to complain at all. Used cars and uses houses both hide secrets, and if you don't kick over rocks to find them, you might as well grab your ankles on the front lawn and shout "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

4. YOU got impatient. You admitted it. You determined that you weren't going home empty-handed, and that is the WORST mistake anyone can make when doing a long distance car deal. ALWAYS be prepared to walk away.

My better opinion (and trust me, it is)......this was all because of oversights by YOU. YOU could have stopped this.

Tim

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ulrichwolf said it before I did but I agree.

If you didn't do a proper inspection and test drive before you bought or traded for a car then you have no right to complain about the car. Yes I would back out of a deal after driving 300 miles if the other car was in poor shape. It's your job to inspect a potential purchase or bring a friend who can. Not doing so is stupid and can result in really bad deals.

Call me a prick if you like but that's how life is.

I understand this. I just like showing what type of job people do with the cars and say their fine. God it seems that no one gets it. I already ripped this all apart. It really hasnt effected me. Im just saying I told this kid everything about my car to the Tee. When to change the oil and other fluids what it needed and didnt needed. Oh well I have a new project. The throttle body is rebuilt now, the aluminum radiator will be here this week along with the front struts. I already cut the clips and wired them onto the harness. Eliminated all Ac and abs PROPERLY. Im just left sorting out relays and finding spots to hide them. If I would have just got the wideband setup with the car. I would have been fine. but between that and the money he said hed pay and the fuelpump being done. It ticked me off just a lil. Oh welll probably like 3 hours from de Edited by h3r3tic

I already ordered the front struts mk1. They will be here wednesday. And yes thats the link to the car. The body is good the paint is cheasy in some spots. The clear is really smooth but still you can see spots where they didnt wetsand or nitrostain. Its still like the mintest car I have owned yet.

you cant see it if its not wetsanded, or at least you wouldnt know what you were looking at if it was wet or dry sanded. and what the frack is nitrostain?

4. YOU got impatient. You admitted it. You determined that you weren't going home empty-handed, and that is the WORST mistake anyone can make when doing a long distance car deal. ALWAYS be prepared to walk away.

very valid point. i would never buy a car that wasn't local and would require bending over backwards to inspect. an exception would be if i won the powerball and money wasn't an issue. just watch, something local will turn up in the next couple weeks and you'll really kick yourself. at least this is how it always goes for me.

2 words when buying cars- buyer beware. know what your looking for when you go to see it especially for 20 year old cars. your going to have to chalk this up as a lesson learned the hard way.

God it seems that no one gets it. I already ripped this all apart. It really hasnt effected me. Im just saying I told this kid everything about my car to the Tee. When to change the oil and other fluids what it needed and didnt needed. Oh well I have a new project.

So the guy didnt tell you how or when to change the oil/fluids. Get over it and stop complaining. YOU messed up, YOU need to deal with it and stop bad mouthing the guy because YOU feel he didnt adequately describe the car. Also remember YOU didnt adequately inspect the car and the crap about how you were overwhelmed with "all the pipes and fresh gaskets", you should have been looking at the big slew of wires RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE.

Point a finger at someone else and remember that there are 3 more pointing right back at you...

Side note - Why would you post a feedback in the BS forum? I have a sneaky feeling you posted here instead because you wanted more people to hear you bad-mouthing the guy.

I agree with most of the people on here. You did trade and you messed up for not looking at the car in detail. Now you do have to put some of the blame on the other guy. Hes awfully shady for trading a car with this many problems to another member, let alone a car that isnt even safe. I cant believe the brake delete and rear brakes. Its just a shame that someone can be such a hack job then put someone else's life as risk for doing it.....

1) I did not pull a fast one I told you over the phone EVERY issue I had with the car and the reason why I was selling it. I planned on doing a v8 swap and you had one at the time. I drove this thing as a daily driver everyday until I had one issue, which you can read in the forums, that I did fix.

2) After I drove 5 hours on the express way to meet, then first thing I did was pop the hood and show you EVERY little thing you had posted. I showed you the wires down to the bolt. I even told you how the TB needed rebuilt. You told me that was no a problem and you were fine with it. Did he also mention all the items I gave him with the car? Here I will list them for you:

-TB Rebuild Kit

-Jet Valve eliminators, Valve seals ordered from Dad

-Untouched wiring harness from an 87 star(Just in case he did not want to deal with the open wiring)

-88-89 ECU

-88-89 Ignitor Box

-The old Turbo I took off to show Proof I changed it and to also give to him as he was talking about doing a 19c so I figured the 50 dollar core to ragdoll I would just eat

-And more

I gave him every item with what I saw what was wrong with the car. I am not a scam or hack so please dont try to portrait me as one heretic. I walked the whole car with you and YOU watched me pull in as you got to our meeting spot first. Car idled and drove fine the whole way there. Ever thing the wheels might be out of balance thats why the shake? I did not cheat or fool anyone here boys and girls. We sat in the parking lot for about 20 mins as I showed him every little thing that I knew was wrong (which is about every picture he posted).

I have quite a few starion/conquest guys here and everyone will vouch I am a honest guy and would never "pull one over on someone". In heretics defense he has been trying to text me to ask me questions and I have been very busy at work ( I do about 50 to 55 hours a week).What really pisses me off the most is you make this bogus post that I "Played the nice guy" and "Had one over on you". I went through every item and you said there was not one problem. For the problems I had that I couldnt fix because YOU kept pushing me to meet over and over again I gave you the items and you told me that it would be " no big deal". I am not here to make a big complain out of this as his car is no where near a saint but I got a text from no stock saying this was in a bs post which almost seems to me like he was trying to hide this from me reading it.

Everyone is titled to their opinion so think what you want but I have never nor will I cheat anyone out of anything. If you still have questions Heretic feel free to text me and Ill answer them. Otherwise dont try and slander my name because now you feel like the deal was not worth it now.

/rant off

Als

1) I did not pull a fast one I told you over the phone EVERY issue I had with the car and the reason why I was selling it. I planned on doing a v8 swap and you had one at the time. I drove this thing as a daily driver everyday until I had one issue, which you can read in the forums, that I did fix.

2) After I drove 5 hours on the express way to meet, then first thing I did was pop the hood and show you EVERY little thing you had posted. I showed you the wires down to the bolt. I even told you how the TB needed rebuilt. You told me that was no a problem and you were fine with it. Did he also mention all the items I gave him with the car? Here I will list them for you:

-TB Rebuild Kit

-Jet Valve eliminators, Valve seals ordered from Dad

-Untouched wiring harness from an 87 star(Just in case he did not want to deal with the open wiring)

-88-89 ECU

-88-89 Ignitor Box

-The old Turbo I took off to show Proof I changed it and to also give to him as he was talking about doing a 19c so I figured the 50 dollar core to ragdoll I would just eat

-And more

I gave him every item with what I saw what was wrong with the car. I am not a scam or hack so please dont try to portrait me as one heretic. I walked the whole car with you and YOU watched me pull in as you got to our meeting spot first. Car idled and drove fine the whole way there. Ever thing the wheels might be out of balance thats why the shake? I did not cheat or fool anyone here boys and girls. We sat in the parking lot for about 20 mins as I showed him every little thing that I knew was wrong (which is about every picture he posted).

I have quite a few starion/conquest guys here and everyone will vouch I am a honest guy and would never "pull one over on someone". In heretics defense he has been trying to text me to ask me questions and I have been very busy at work ( I do about 50 to 55 hours a week).What really pisses me off the most is you make this bogus post that I "Played the nice guy" and "Had one over on you". I went through every item and you said there was not one problem. For the problems I had that I couldnt fix because YOU kept pushing me to meet over and over again I gave you the items and you told me that it would be " no big deal". I am not here to make a big complain out of this as his car is no where near a saint but I got a text from no stock saying this was in a bs post which almost seems to me like he was trying to hide this from me reading it.

Everyone is titled to their opinion so think what you want but I have never nor will I cheat anyone out of anything. If you still have questions Heretic feel free to text me and Ill answer them. Otherwise dont try and slander my name because now you feel like the deal was not worth it now.

/rant off

Als

Ah, lookie, it's the other side of the story.

OK, my turn to dig into you too a little.

As I told the other guy, he pretty much made all the mistakes of accepting the car is the piss-poor condition you gave it to him in.

You, on the other hand, should be kicked in the nuts for the "ABS delete" you made up there. You know Jolyrgr sells those lines for next to nothing to do that right? Cars have four brakes for a neat reason....they have four wheels. Rear brakes aren't considered optional equipment. You realize that doing that, you not only endanger him, but you endanger everyone he happens to be driving near. You also realize that YOU can have butt sued off for negligence if he has a collision with that excellent repair you got him there.

As far as your wiring goes, I simply have to ask.....do you own stock in Grinnell, or some other fire extinguisher company? You are going to burn a car down with that. It's cars like yours that make me understand why people hate these cars so much. Not only can you not wire properly, however, you install two different brands of plugs wires, and have them tied in a bundle sure to cross-fire, and create all sorts of funky little problems. Makes me wonder what else is hiding in that car.

Trust me.....you ain't no saint. But both of you need to get some smarts about you before you go trading cars to other people again. I'd say one of you needs to pay better attention, and one you needs not stick cars together with spit and tape to get them sold.

Final ruling:

You're both stupid.

Tim

Whatever I talked to him its ok. He said hes gonna look for the wideband cuz its lost. I mean he didnt mention all of it but seriously its over. I already fixed it all. Im just waiting on my parts and then I can find out what other surprises are waiting. As far as wiring going.. There is no reason you couldnt just cut and wire new connectors on. It took all of 5 mins. I check all the other wiring and I think Im good to go. I wired the aftermarket boost gauge to the gauge cluster rather then the back of the headunit :blush:. I tucked away the amp wires so its clean. Im just waiting on my paycheck so I can order back tires cuz he refuses to give me the 100 he said he would cuz one of my tires blew out on the way home. Not my fault but oh well. Its not like the car he traded me had brand new front tires either like my v8 did but whatever its a loss I guess. All 4 tires tires were bald but luckily I gotta friend at walmart hooked me up wit fronts so I only need to buy backs.

Ulrichwolf said it before I did but I agree.

If you didn't do a proper inspection and test drive before you bought or traded for a car then you have no right to complain about the car. Yes I would back out of a deal after driving 300 miles if the other car was in poor shape. It's your job to inspect a potential purchase or bring a friend who can. Not doing so is stupid and can result in really bad deals.

Call me a prick if you like but that's how life is.

Ditto on both . I've backed out of deals after driving for miles. What I come to conclude is that peoples interpretations of reality can be very subjective. Just this week I drove nearly 100 miles to check out a car the owner swore was "clean and perfect", when I pulled up I saw a pile of crap.

So I started the car it barely started. It idled like complete dog sh!t.

Also the temperature gauge didnt work.

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/h3r3tic/0527001755.jpg

Heres the wiring nightmare.

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/h3r3tic/0527001755a.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/h3r3tic/0527001817a.jpg

Oh and here is his "ABS delete" No rear brakes or ebrake hmm I wonder why.

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/h3r3tic/Mobile%20Uploads/0527001819a.jpg

Well I'm just a dumba**z that doesn't know how a thermostat works but no your CTS, and you got two of them and they are wired wrong and appears the CTS wire is going to some temp. sensor that's covered over so that explains why the car is hard to start and won't idle well and why the temp. gauge isn't working right or at all.

I don't see any wiring nightmare but I see a ground wire that the factory TAPE fell off, its the braided wire attached to the ground wire that is laying on the coil post buy maybe you did that obviously the car won't run with the coil wire off so you might have did that yourself. Just because its not pretty doesn't mean it won't work.

That rear brake line appears to be there so what he didn't take the time to pull the lines off that ran over and back to the modulator or is the master just empty of fluid and he plugged the hose to refill it from the reservoir? All you had to do was run a $4 line from the master to the proportioning valve. Maybe the rear calipers are just seized like most are.

Pot isn't illegal everywhere.

Well I'm just a dumba**z that doesn't know how a thermostat works but no your CTS, and you got two of them and they are wired wrong and appears the CTS wire is going to some temp. sensor that's covered over so that explains why the car is hard to start and won't idle well and why the temp. gauge isn't working right or at all.

I don't see any wiring nightmare but I see a ground wire that the factory TAPE fell off, its the braided wire attached to the ground wire that is laying on the coil post buy maybe you did that obviously the car won't run with the coil wire off so you might have did that yourself. Just because its not pretty doesn't mean it won't work.

That rear brake line appears to be there so what he didn't take the time to pull the lines off that ran over and back to the modulator or is the master just empty of fluid and he plugged the hose to refill it from the reservoir? All you had to do was run a $4 line from the master to the proportioning valve. Maybe the rear calipers are just seized like most are.

Pot isn't illegal everywhere.

Indiana,

Do you not agree that a job must be done to a standard? I get on people's cases because the job must be done to a standard, and unfortunately, a lot of the people around here have a lack of standards, apparently yourself included. My car is a prime example of this. My car, nothing was done with any sort of standard, all they were after was results, and guess what? They got them.

Broken car!

Now, I don't give a crap if you don't like the way I operate, that's your problem. Facts are, I will help people as best I can, and I will try to get people to work to a standard to make sure the job ends up right.

You would do well to humble yourself from time to time, and learn from others. I still do. And if you got a problem with me, don't drop hints about it. Send me a PM, we'll work it out like a couple of men.

Tim

Whatever I talked to him its ok. He said hes gonna look for the wideband cuz its lost. I mean he didnt mention all of it but seriously its over. I already fixed it all. Im just waiting on my parts and then I can find out what other surprises are waiting. As far as wiring going.. There is no reason you couldnt just cut and wire new connectors on. It took all of 5 mins. I check all the other wiring and I think Im good to go. I wired the aftermarket boost gauge to the gauge cluster rather then the back of the headunit :blush:. I tucked away the amp wires so its clean. Im just waiting on my paycheck so I can order back tires cuz he refuses to give me the 100 he said he would cuz one of my tires blew out on the way home. Not my fault but oh well. Its not like the car he traded me had brand new front tires either like my v8 did but whatever its a loss I guess. All 4 tires tires were bald but luckily I gotta friend at walmart hooked me up wit fronts so I only need to buy backs.

WOW, i wish i knew you were looking to trade your v8quest for a modded 4cyl quest,,,i would have done that in a heartbeat, and i'm located in Ocean Co New Jersey!

Oh well.