WHATS THE BIGGEST TURBO YOU CAN PUT IN A STOCK 89 TSI ENGINE???

deasel

Any turbo you put other than the stock one will require upgrades, And you don't put the turbo in the engine, you put it on the engine. But anyways, you can't just put a big turbo on an all stock engine unless you want more problems to fix . . . Edited by jwbrocloud

<quote>JUST WANNA KNOW WHATS THE BIGGEST TURBO YOU CAN PUT IN A STOCK 89 TSI ENGINE</quote>

I don't know what we're yelling about!?!

---40yr Old Virgin anyone? LOL

read thru the "virtual mechanic" and "advanced virtual mechanic" sections to see what people are doing for power. everyone always says to get it running correctly before throwing on a "huge" turbo. by the way your questions are coming out, youve got the cart way before the horse. slow down and take a deep breath and its possible you may learn a thing or two.

:WARNING: constant nooblet questions and lack of knowledge on the G54B turbo engine, will result in constant criticism of said nooblet questions, and failure to understand that there is no DOHC head., please read terms of agreement and check the box stating that you are said to be over the age of 18, then proceed at your own risk.

lol j/k

Daniel

Edited by dstar88

:WARNING: constant nooblet questions and lack of knowledge on the G54B turbo engine, will result in constant criticism of said nooblet questions, and failure to understand that there is no DOHC head., please read terms of agreement and check the box stating that you are said to be over the age of 18, then proceed at your own risk.

lol j/k

Daniel

hehehe, so true

hot dam^^^ill slap that puppy on ri meow!!!

hey deasel, make sure you vote im my love hate thread.,

Daniel

Edited by dstar88

Okay people obviously im not gona put a 400 hp turbo in, or should i say on a stock engine, i just wanted to know what would be the best turbo other then a stock one. just plain curiosity to what others would say....

On a stock setup anything more than a 14g isn't gonna get you any more power. If you'r gonna raise the boost part stock levels to no more than 14psi a small 16g works well. If you're doing it the proper way and using an ARF+FPR and going up to 18-20 then a big 16g works well. If you're going MafT or standalone with forged internals then you got alot more work to do.

A big 16g is the best all around turbo for a stockish setup. It allows you to go from stock to mildly modified without having to get a bigger turbo. And it will work on the stock setup as well. But if you plan to stay stock, stick with the stock 12a.

Edited by ucw458

You should figure out your goals with the engine/car and then pick a turbo to match.

If you are just asking what is the biggest turbo, in shear size, the biggest turbo I have seen fit, in person, is a Holset turbo.

Okay people obviously im not gona put a 400 hp turbo in, or should i say on a stock engine, i just wanted to know what would be the best turbo other then a stock one. just plain curiosity to what others would say....

On a stock setup anything more than a 14g isn't gonna get you any more power. If you'r gonna raise the boost part stock levels to no more than 14psi a small 16g works well. If you're doing it the proper way and using an ARF+FPR and going up to 18-20 then a big 16g works well. If you're going MafT or standalone with forged internals then you got alot more work to do.

A big 16g is the best all around turbo for a stockish setup. It allows you to go from stock to mildly modified without having to get a bigger turbo. And it will work on the stock setup as well. But if you plan to stay stock, stick with the stock 12a.

^^ this.

Although, in my honest opinion, I would keep a stock 12A and do a few other upgrades first. A 12A @ 14lbs is actually pretty fun to scoot around town with, and any other mods no matter what will set you up essentially for any turbo upgrade to a 14G ( also great for a stock engine ), and or any form of a 16G, B16 or S16G upgrade.

Most I would ever do on a stock engine is a 14G - its a fun turbo too.

Davo

your sig pic with the quote is freakin epic!!!

Daniel

Edited by dstar88