Would you bid on a mystery box?

ucw458

How much would you bid on a mystery box? You can't see what is in the box. It's a small box, 12x12x14. What's inside, who knows. Is it junk, is it good stuff, is it a box of cash? You have to bid to find out. How much would you bid on this box?

Contents of box will be revealed later.

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/ucw458/Starquest%20saves/PIC_0994.jpg

I would go 300 but it better be good. If I got my $300 box opened up and it was full of coal, dog food, a pack of gum and dirt, I would be looking for whomever I bought it from.

People sell those all the time on eBay. Who wants to "really" bid on a box of questions? I admit, it entices me to want to bid, but not knowing what I will get is something that i just cant get over. Its one of those situations that make me refer to the saying "if its too good to be true, then it probably is"

So ultimately I would not bid, i am not that kind of gambling man.

judging by the size of the box I'd have to guess at it being a turbo. yes, no?

Nope. But let me say those who know me have seen some of the goodies I keep in my garage. And if you want a starting bid, lets just say if it went for only $500 I would be pissed.

I started this thread to see how people would react to a mystery box. You get auctions like that all the time. Police auctions, storage facility auctions, military auctions surplus, etc. Alot of these places you can get a general idea of what the stuff is but not all of it. Like a storage auction, you get to look in the door but not touch anything. So you see a bunch of boxes and hope they didn't store junk.

i bid on a "mistery box" on ebay with just one pic looking inside the box. i got it for $35 and it had a throttle body 6 injectors, a 89 ecu, seat belt control box, 89 ignitor, distributor and all of the wiring plugs chopped off the car included :blink: (i still dont understand why ppl cant unplug things). so with a pic of the box open looking down on its contents then yes lol

Well this mystery box would be something to bid on but it's not for sale. Contents are, NIB JE forged pistons 0.040 over, total seal gapless rings, main and rod bearings, freeze plug kit, BSE kit, new oil pump, ARP headstuds, race prepped stock rods with ARP bolts and bushed for full floating wrist pins, maf translator.

Not a bad mystery box.

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/ucw458/Starquest%20saves/PIC_0991.jpg

Edited by ucw458