starion gsr-vr

19cturbo

GSR-VR was the designation in Japan for the Starion's that came with the 2.6L 4G54 as opposed to the 2.0L SOHC 4G63.

GX - 1982–1983 (non turbo)

GSR-I,GSR-II,GSR-III, GSR-X - 1982–1984

GSR-II, GSR-III,GSR-X,GSR-V - 1985–1986 - can be distinguished from the earlier starions by driving lights in the front bumper

GSR-V - 1986–1987 - some had Sirius Dash engine

GSR-VR - 1987–1990 (widebody)

Edited by Fanta

Grand Sport Rarry - Version Rarriart

:lol:

THIS. :lol:

Tim, I'm loving the decal. I need to have mine cut, as well as the "Turbo Intercooler" decals that go across the sideskirts. Maybe I'll paint my car white and have the decals in Nevada Desert Sand or Palermo Gray ... might be a nice contrast. ^_^

GSR-VR was the designation in Japan for the Starion's that came with the 2.6L 4G54 as opposed to the 2.0L SOHC 4G63.

GX - 19821983 (non turbo)

GSR-I,GSR-II,GSR-III, GSR-X - 19821984

GSR-II, GSR-III,GSR-X,GSR-V - 19851986 - can be distinguished from the earlier starions by driving lights in the front bumper

GSR-V - 19861987 - some had Sirius Dash engine

GSR-VR - 19871990 (widebody)

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT! wrong! nearly right though.

GSR-VR was the jap designation for the widebody, of which around 800 were made in total for the japanese market. either 2600 GSR-VR (most common) or 2000 GSR-VR.

as you can see from above, the V in VR is a roman numeral thing, the R we can only assume means RALLY, as per the american ESiR designation.. GSR is of course an old mitsubishi designation that dates back to the early 70's (look at galant GTO GSR's etc.

there were approximately 75 2000 GSR-VR's made, with the sirius dash 3X2 motor in a widebody shell. worth about $25000 in japan, they hardly ever come up for sale, and are pretty much the holy grail of starions.. what a car! dash motors are awesome...

there were approximately 75 2000 GSR-VR's made, with the sirius dash 3X2 motor in a widebody shell. worth about $25000 in japan, they hardly ever come up for sale, and are pretty much the holy grail of starions.. what a car! dash motors are awesome...

I do believe a guy on the west coast here owns a Dash engine.

it's the 12 valve sohc 4G63 engine that some jap/euro spec starions and cordias, eternas came out with, has 2 intake valves (one switched off at low revs) and one exhaust valve per cylinder. Dash 3X2 was what mitsu called em, the GSR-V dash starions had that on the back window's lower right hand corner. typically though, they still had TBI lol.

the starion version had 148kw (just under 200hp) standard and had a 7K redline, 9K tacho. plus they have an awesome powerband.

Mainstream has the makings of a dash motor, he's building a GSR-V replica :)

D_ how the hell do you know about that?!

because the guy talked about it here on SQC, you'll know who he is. His signature is a freaking HUGE photo of a blue VC 4g63 in a black engine bay.

Mainstream has the makings of a dash motor, he's building a GSR-V replica :)

Bahhh, you've let the cat outta the bag.

yeah a guy in the NW found one in the corner of an engine shop, he didn't use the head though, he put a DSM DOHC head on it, but it is in a SQ

Yes he did. I tried to get the whole motor from him but he would only part with the head.

Kane

• 13 years later...