Illegal Street Racing....

Lots of organized street racing in Huntsville on the weekends. Drifting too, if that's your thing.

still kills me what Alabama folk did in Georgia.

They'd go to junkyards and pick up brick motor volvos, hook up 200 shot of NOS, and take them street racing here for money, and come out winning big

Oakland, Brentwood, Vacaville, and San Jose are the hot spots and their are quirte a few 10s street cars around here.

Hennessy Viper TT

Supercharged sbc powered 280z

A few turbo/sc vettes

gt37 vr6 mk2 golf

h22 crx

Really? In "Cow" ville? (Vaca is cow) There's some going on in the desert cities like Palmdale and Lancaster, which makes sense becasue there's no cops, no people, no houses, no other cars anywhere in site at night.

But folk running in the cities is what gets me.

In GA it takes place on the south side of Atlanta, or literally highway runs.

I've been to the south side one, basically when it gets busted, a police car just shows up, and parks with its lights on. It's enough to make people vamoose.

I will say this though, it's interesting seeing street drifting taking place in downtown Atlanta :blink:

im truly amazed that you dont know about the street racing that happens right near you. i mean its literally just like 10 miles from your house. of course you know that it all starts with the bp and then goes off from there. and its actually very organized.pretty much they take over a stretch of highway by sending a scout ahead to scope it out and then when its all clear, then 2 cars go ahead to corraL up any possible traffic and then the actual racers get into the mix and they are accompanied by a couple witness cars to be sure its all clean, next there are 2 more cars that follow along from a distance and block up the traffic so no innocents can stumble into the race or anything else. no more than a couple races and usually only last about 10 mins total over about 3 miles of road. get in, get it done and get out before any cops show up. cery coordinated and effective and have yet to get busted at this point as its kept seriously secretive and only the people involved know when or if its gonna happen.and you gotta be in the click before they trust you enough to let you know where its going down. lots of fun and can be some pretty big dollars floating around there.

It snows to much here now :( When it snows alot snowmobils in the street is always fun. There was about 1.5' in the street and someone actuly stopped us and asked if we were afriad of the cops. My friend is like do you think they can drive a car though this? Then he tore off.

im truly amazed that you dont know about the street racing that happens right near you. i mean its literally just like 10 miles from your house. of course you know that it all starts with the bp and then goes off from there. and its actually very organized.pretty much they take over a stretch of highway by sending a scout ahead to scope it out and then when its all clear, then 2 cars go ahead to corraL up any possible traffic and then the actual racers get into the mix and they are accompanied by a couple witness cars to be sure its all clean, next there are 2 more cars that follow along from a distance and block up the traffic so no innocents can stumble into the race or anything else. no more than a couple races and usually only last about 10 mins total over about 3 miles of road. get in, get it done and get out before any cops show up. cery coordinated and effective and have yet to get busted at this point as its kept seriously secretive and only the people involved know when or if its gonna happen.and you gotta be in the click before they trust you enough to let you know where its going down. lots of fun and can be some pretty big dollars floating around there.

No, I know what goes down ;) Me and Jamil have been said scout car before, and have participated, with video proof.

It's really no secret anymore. Also, Hall County now has interceptors posted along the median of that highway or the gore strips.

They also recently did a pretty nice bust a few months back, we were the scout car on 85S, and the 4 car race got underway before we could say there was a police car up ahead. We got over off an exit as all 4 cars blew past. 12 minutes later, we saw 3 of the 4 cars pulled over in various lanes of the highway with 20 somewhat police cars. Another 6 hauled a** past everyone because an S2000 tried to run.

Also, Sonic Meet doesn't really exist anymore either, but that honestly has been due to high school rednecks. Who would of thought that lifted Fords and Chevys would be the ones doing burnouts, doughnuts and such and cause a docile meet to be shut down?

Edited by Fanta

I bet theres illegal street racing in more places thhan you all think. I've even seen it in little podunk towns, although nowhere near as large or organized as the big cities. Even with most local governments cracking down on it, and some confiscating cars, I don't think it slowed it down much at all.

I used to do it way back in the day up in MI, and I'll run a guy light to light sometimes if they provoke it, but mostly, I just save it for the track. I have a 1/4 mile track about 2 miles from my house that's usually open 3 days a week, so if I get the itch, I can go there.

I would love to see an organized street race, but wouldn't participate. Nothing that fun ever happens around here <.<

Also, I wasn't accusing anybody of street racing, just saying that it doesn't seem like a smart idea to broadcast it if you do.

I would love to see an organized street race, but wouldn't participate. Nothing that fun ever happens around here <.<

Also, I wasn't accusing anybody of street racing, just saying that it doesn't seem like a smart idea to broadcast it if you do.

Truth be told, if the police gathers information off of a forum like this on where a street race tends to happen, they're not doing their job properly :lol:

Organized street racing meets can be fun, but man it sucks if a police ever shows up, its absolute CHAOS! Seriously, the ones I've been to when the cop shows up to clear everyone out, we ( Evo8 and 3 STis ) literally get in the cars, fire them up, and wait for the cars to clear out. Last thing you want is for a car to hit you ( and believe me, it's worse than Fast and Furious - people run red lights and everything <_< all for what, one police car, that just has its lights on, that parks and turns them off and just waits for everyone to leave )

Here its people mostly doing highway runs on the interstate, 30-40 rolls. We get a lot of 5.0 'stangs around here, I've seen a Hennessey TT Viper, some crazy high HP Evo's and FD RX7's. A local guy has a 1000+whp Cobra. My buddy had a 450+whp FD he used to run, pretty crazy, he has GPS proof of 201mph on the street.

Of course there are also the wannabe ricers that usually get everyone in trouble.

I myself, generally stay outta all that.

I am assuming I came upon the wannabe ricers and some decent guys too when I was out there 3 years ago. My friend and I went to my grandfathers in Newburgh, cruised around for a while. Found a meet at an Autozone by the Newburgh mall. Now there was alot of nice muscle there, some decent looks 2g dsm's. But then there were the HonDUHs. These kids were about 3 years be hind us WNYers. Every one I walked up to and asked what they had done. They told me stock and the hood didnt release. Really? Sneaky? Man here in buffalo everyone was about sneaky back in 01-02 :lol: Then I went and sat on some bridge over I-87? and watch some roll races.

Truth be told, if the police gathers information off of a forum like this on where a street race tends to happen, they're not doing their job properly :lol:

Organized street racing meets can be fun, but man it sucks if a police ever shows up, its absolute CHAOS! Seriously, the ones I've been to when the cop shows up to clear everyone out, we ( Evo8 and 3 STis ) literally get in the cars, fire them up, and wait for the cars to clear out. Last thing you want is for a car to hit you ( and believe me, it's worse than Fast and Furious - people run red lights and everything <_ all for what one police car that just has its lights on parks and turns them off waits everyone to leave>

Back when I used to street race the idiots who did stupid stuff saved me a couple of times.

One time we were all heading from the meet place to the track a few blocks away. Behind me was a mustang I wanted to race. What I didn't know was behind him was a cop with his lights off. I slammed the gas and roared to the track then pulled up to the starting line. The cop went around the mustang tried to catch me but couldn't. He pulled up behind me 20 seconds after I stopped and turned his lights on. I thought I was busted. I crept forward along with everyone else trying to leave hoping he wouldn't pull me over. Then another mustang in front of me slammed the gas and roared away. The cop went around me and after him. More fun to chase the other guy then try to prove I was speeding I guess.

Another time a cop showed up and everyone scrambled. I ended up being blocked in by the cop. I couldn't go anywhere and I was sure I was gonna get a ticket or worse. Just then a ricer peeled out and flew through a parking lot trying to get away. The cop got back in his car and chased the ricer. I went home.

Back in the days when penny loffers and big hair was in, I used to go to Wash DC at night at V street. We acctually had some of the DC cops join in some of the races that where going on. http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

But recently 2 guys in Wash DC on the Maryland side where carged for street racing that eneded up with killing a few people that was watching the race. 1 guy had gotten 15 years - he didn't kill any one but was part of the race, the 2 nd guy got 20 or 25 years .

where I live at the cops have hondas and integras to egg some of the ricers to race, but when they do startracing they get busted on the spot, then they take your car for good.

But as far as for street racing around my area none all the other kids and me grew up and figured out how to lower are insurances.http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif

Theres a couple of spots i go to...

French rd is popular but i stay away from there too much chaos... a srt 300 went through a fence last summer. that was the last time i went.

We usually just meet up saturday night on telegraph and hang out, a few 1000+ hp cars come out.

I have been to a few up near pontiac and auburn hills, its really a crap shoot out there sometimes. its either all honduhs, or all evo's, wrx's etc etc

I used to do it way back in the day up in MI, and I'll run a guy light to light sometimes if they provoke it, but mostly, I just save it for the track. I have a 1/4 mile track about 2 miles from my house that's usually open 3 days a week, so if I get the itch, I can go there.

Can you tell me more about the west MI racing scene?