What vendor to use

03CL55AMG

I think you can still buy the fan motor, but from something like an Eclipse.

I'm not sure on the details.

When my fan went out on my old '86, I rebuilt the motor with new brushes.

It's a bit of a pain to do correctly.

Finding brushes that worked required going to a place that had a nice stock of various brushes trying to find some that fit.

You should also burnish the arbor when replacing brushes which is basically polishing it and removing the score marks.

When my fans started going out in my '88 and I ran out of spares, I put in a flex fan and never looked back.

Maybe one day, I'll find time to rebuild all the old fan motors in my shed and sell them.

Also check out http://starquest.i-x.net/index.php

I checked with two online Mitsu. dealers on part no. MB356496 and got no where. Check on this site with: thetexan88. He might be able to help you.Hey, I found it. MB356496. Primary Motor Fan. $206.58 from http://www.ricartmitsubishi.com I would still try thetexan88.I paid $90.00 in 1991 for a new Primary Fan Cooling Motor.Parts go up in price. Especially with Factory parts for our cars.We are lucky to still find them.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

I've had the best success finding the parts I need from 2 sources...Rockauto.com and Rockville Mitsubishi which can be contacted online.

Fan motors that can be taken apart (not the sealed units) there is another option...look for an electric motor repair shop in your area. Rebuilding what you have is hassle free when it comes time to install the motor...no rewire, no adapters etc. and is most often cheaper than replacement.

The place I go to here in my small town even offers a guarantee on their work...and stand behind it. Fastest time from drop off to pick up was 2 days, the longest was 4 days...the replacement parts needed came late to the shop.

I'm not sure new OEM motors are available, it's most likely a reman (rebuilt) one anyway. So why worry...I'd take mine in to be rebuilt. I get my same motor I dropped off back...no hassles, no worries it fits and has a guarantee. It's up to you...good luck.

• 3 years later...