I did it again, round two of rack and pinon swap. Better than the last one.

BOOSTED88tsi

So i did the rack swap again on the new car. This time i changed it up though. I used the whole 240sx spindle and coilover. On top of that i upgraded to z32 front brakes. For the rears i also used 240sx coilovers and modded them to work on our cars, that was cake if you know how to weld.. The brakes are definitely better than what was on the car, i was hesitant to come in hot on the stock brakes, but with these there's a lot more pedal feel and a lot more bite, even with scotty don'ts old 18's ! The taper of our ball joint and the 240 spindle is not the exact same (the starion thins out at the top), and i'm no engineer but the 240 spindle bottomed out on our balljoint and there was no play so locktited and nylon nutted the spindle on. I feel like its fine. Also if you dont like negative camber i wouldn't recommend this, im on stock strut mounts until i get camber plates and have about 3 to maybe 4 degrees. You'll need bigger wheels or big spacers to get the stock wheels to fit aswell. It moved the spindle/rotor inwards probably by about an inch. All in all for the amount of work i put into it was quite worth it. I'll get more pics of everything later, its been quite a project and i was in a rush to get to the first drift event of the season last wednesday. I didn't even get time to install the rear coils before then haha.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/75031_10200890213526116_367783658_n.jpghttp://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/188848_10200907725803912_237757363_n.jpg

• Like 1

working on conquestador, im using starion controls clay. Ill post pics of the front this weekend, i had to order extended studs as i didn't like how much thread was available now with a 5 mill slip on installed. Also yesterday while driving it hard, my booster or master cylinder took a crap. Im assuming master as it had pick n pull numbers on it when i bought the car haha.

this is literally the only picture i took the whole time i was working.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/BOOSTED88TSI/20130305_170443_zpscb2d1e12.jpg

i busted tail on it trying to knock it out, ill get pics this weekend forsure and talk to my boss about getting a group purchase going for these things.

the taper isn't the exact same, but it bottoms out on the sq balljoint as i mentioned in the first post. I bought new sq balljoints and nylon nut and locktited the s14 knuckle onto the sq balljoint. Im no engineer but it seems to of worked so far.

im using s14 coilovers, So its all adjustable height wise without loosing strut travel. All of my struts were oem from 87 and were dead. I pushed all 4 down after removing them and not one has moved and its been over a week haha.

...i busted tail on it trying to knock it out, ill get pics this weekend forsure and talk to my boss about getting a group purchase going for these things.

Yes sir!

good reason they haven't move'd they are oil shocks not gas ;)

Dunno, when new they are packed with a strap to keep them compressed, and they extend when you remove it. Tokicos and KYB's at least...

Yes sir!

Dunno, when new they are packed with a strap to keep them compressed, and they extend when you remove it. Tokicos and KYB's at least...

i was talking oreg equipment , don't have to beleave me read your FSM

Jason do you have any pics ready?

I dont. too busy with work and trying to get started on my other project car, while also trying to get my bike back together after going down haha. Ill try and snap some this weekend.