Which Oil do you guys use ?

Dartomotive

Mobil 1 15w-50

Only oil my Star has seen in 13 years. One of the few non diesel oils out there with the proper levels of zinc and phosphorus for our old engine's valvetrain.

You are going to get a lot of different suggestions/opinions on this subject. It's been gone over several times before. In the end just make sure you change it on a regular basis and use quality oil with a quality filter. I recommend Napa Gold 1381 for a filter ;)

0w-50 VR-1

My engines tolerances are on the big side of the specs so I run thicker than usual. Not only that but VR1 has a high ZDDP content. Just like Brad Penn Green oil.

you mean SAE50? if not, you must not have any oil pressure when hot

i usually run 10w30 or 15w40, as it sits right now, im running 12w34

this topic has been beat to death but i will answer it with

20w50 castrol

Same here. Why? Because it works ;) (20w/50 wt should be used only in fully modded engines, otherwise use 10w/30 or 10w/40wt). I have yet to see a engine failure in many different engine builds from the oil I use. That is why I will continue to use Castrol. Kendall is also a excellent engine oil, (Used Kendall grade 70 in my Harley engine that was built to the max) but it can be hard to find and expensive when you do find it ;) 12 quarts of Kendall 20w/50 wt.......$56.36.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

I am in complete agreement with Bill. I swear by Castrol GTX oil. I've used it exclusively on every vehicle that I ever owned; cars, motorcycles, lawn motors, etc. Never had an engine failure even with cars that had ~200k miles on an original engine with many unknown former owners. 10W30 GTX on stock to mildly upgraded conquests. 20W50 GTX on heavily modded conquests.