who lives in hot state

spoolinturbo

I have my windows tinted but the AC was long gone before I got the car. I run with windows down and the vents set to blow through the air from outside. In Virginia the heat isn't bad it's the humidity that gets you. I don't have TOO many problems running without it. The biggest issue I have is the freaking burning hot black leather seats after sitting in the sun a little while.

I have never had a/c in a quest and I live in Alabama. I can handle the heat in the summer. But the girlfriend gets grumpy when I want the drive the Quest when its above 85 degrees. But, she did ride with me in it all the way to PF09 in 90+ degrees weather. The only thing that made it possible was a mist-sprayer, the windows down and 77mph. A quick spray of water in the face or on the neck feels great and evaporates almost instantly.

I would never consider removing the AC unless it was going to be a track car. Yes it's weight that can be removed but it's not really that much weight. You probably wouldn't notice the difference. The AC compressor in my 67 Ford outweighs the ENTIRE AC system in a quest. We are talking about 40-50 lbs of weight vs a comfortable ride. Don't do it. AC is well worth it. You don't really gain anything by removing it. But girls do however like riding in a car that has AC in the summer.

Before you go thinking I can't handle the heat keep in mind I'm an AC tech by trade. Meaning in the middle of summer I get to go into attics and on top of roofs, and everywhere else a sane person doesn't want to go. After a long day of fixing and installing AC but never getting to enjoy it I welcome the ride home where I can blast the AC to make me feel better.

Your dates will either hate you in the summer, or get used to wearing very skimpy clothing. (Don't forget the pics if they opt for the latter.)

i could angle one of those roll bar cameras for u guys on a bumpy road ;)

Jeff I lived in Boca years back with a quest with broken A/C.....it was horrible, when I was stuck in rush hour at noon I was dripping sweat....Don't get rid of it, you will regret it....

boca raton? thats where my g6 came from =D

yea im def going to keep it now lol

I don't like AC and use it as little as possible. I only use AC when its humid so I'm not sticky.

Never had AC working in my Quest.

If you have a dark interior or live in a humid environment keep the AC.

Cause when I think "hot state", I think IL near Chicago LOLOL!

Anyway, my car has no AC, and I live in south TX. AC was removed when I lived in MI, just because I didn't really need it. It's not too bad with the tinted windows, and I always run with the windows down. Now, if you got a job where you need to stay crisp, clean, and not sweaty, then that's a different story. I daily drove mine thru the hot summers, but I also had a job in a body shop, so getting dirty and sweaty was par for the course.

have you experienced chicago's heat wave? 110F and 100% humidity.

Yeah, I know, I spent 20 years right across the lake from you in Grand Rapids, MI. I know what 100+ with 100% humidity feels like. It's pretty sticky and miserable, but it happens what, 5-10 days a year?

We had about 60 days this year that was over 100.

I wouldn't remove the AC. Mine went out on me last summer, it's miserable driving 110+ degrees outside in a black leather interior. Wife will not hop on the Conquest during summer time, not until I fix the AC. This was also true when I was dating and had an SQ with no AC, couldn't take a girl out because the hot leather seats would cook their buns! No no one wants cooked buns at the end of a date! lol

I live in Boca Raton and no I would never have a car without A/C. Nothing like having a woman get in a car that smells like sweat. Unless she's into that sort of thing. It may get hot in Chicago during the summer but it's hot and humid here almost all year.